CAGcast #46: Pulling Pork

Another awesome show Cheapy, much better than last, but can't be held against you because you weren't feeling well. Hopefully you are feeling much better, and keep up the good work!

E

Can't wait to listen , downloading now .

Great show , it didn't seem longer than normal .
Then again , I could listen for 2 hours .

k

Sarang needs to be on the next cagcast so he can do his impressions.

I'd suggest to ask him to do the following impressions:

John the Stutterer
E-40
Bill Cosby
Homer Simpson
Jack Nicholson
Moe from the simpsons

I'd add that the Nintendo game help line had 2 aspects. One was a line for the most popular games, a FAQ for those games-automated. This line was added after the first line which was/is real employees of Nintendo answering questions. These employees found that a large percentage of the questions were the same qs over and over again on only a few games, so they created the automated line.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Sarang needs to be on the next cagcast so he can do his impressions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, definitely. I wasn't expecting much, but damn... I'm completely floored.

Oh, and it really would be nice to see those birthday responses on the CAGcast, Cheapy... you know you want to read them.

Tagged for contest and comments.

note to self: european guy walking around tokyo with a stack of used game consoles is carrying a huge wad of yen.

k

That was an excellent CAGcast. Things seem like they are looking up. I hope you guys don't get consumed with ultimate power hehe.

x

[quote name='CorporalJackson']Thank...s WLA hazza!

Red-heads unite.... also thanks for answering my question
X[/QUOTE]

Is it time for a RHLA

Alliance...Association, Wombat's trying to remove the militant-ness of the WLA!

hahaha nice the voice mail mystery guest sounds like it'll be cool

edits:

posted too early, contest entry 4

Great show, guys. Everyone sounded enthusiastic. The belch ratio was exceptionally high, and as a bonus we got some nice phlegm/mini vomit from that cough there. We're going to have to start calling you Chunky D. Add that to a robust sneeze from Wombat and this was a regular bodily function bonanza.

Thanks for answering my question in a thoughtful way. I've got many more positive memories of classic Nintendo games, so I'm inherently going to be more excited about those. Will I be buying everything on offer? No. But having something like Balloon Fight (and, God willing, Ikari Warriors) to fire up when my brother's in town, is worth $5 for the nostalgia factor, even if we'll probably end up playing current gen games much more.

I can't believe you guys let Burger King's "Big Bumpin'" go by the boards. That title is just begs for further discussion. Personally, if the King showed up within 100 feet of me I would run as fast as I could. That fucker scares the shit out of me. Whichever CAG has the King sig image with "WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW??!!" has it exactly right.

I'm proud of you guys for takin' the ladies out for ~$400 meals and actually enjoying them. I know guys (and some gals) who'll lay out $100 for a meal, and no matter how good it is, bitch and complain for years afterwards. Put me firmly in the camp that believes that there are meals well worth $400. And being cheap ass gamers should afford us a special night like that every so often.

b

great show fellas. first off i want to say wombat got screwed on the nintendo hotline because i called it a few times when i was a kid and both times i got a live person who each time i believe they had a manual or possibly a computer set up where they would look up the info and walk you through your problem with the game you were playing step by step. and yes i got yelled at by my mom for the high phone charge lol. i also wonder if either of you remember the horror story hotlines they used to have you could call to get scary stories even freddy kruger had one.

and i really enjoy your shows opening with nintendo music and maybe in an upcoming cagcast you all could use the opening theme for castlevannia 3( the music from the first level) that was some of the coolest videogame music durng the nes era aside from some of the mega man levels and strider levels.

also you all should do a poll or question about how many people who buy and play games actually try and finish their games. it seems to me most of us old school gamers tend to be more for finisheing games than the younger set. also itd be interesting to see how many people like to beat games without using cheats and how many people tend to feels its ok or necessary to use cheats to beat games.

and as far as yellin at your women while gaming goes its the only way you can learn em to game better and given enough time and carefully crafted insults they do improve. its like that old joke goes

" what do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes?"
" Nothin her husband hasnt already told her twice"

i

Great show. Besides the 1Up Yours podcast, this is the only one I listen to religiously.

Man, Wombat, for not having a video game related job, you are certainly getting some pretty sweet gaming opportunities. I'm betting that in less than a year, Wombat will have made the jump to a video game related job. cheapasswombats.com? It can't be too far away.

I'm showing an internal server error every time I try to d/l.

Now I'll have to wait until tomorrow :oldman:

Edit: finally got it to play directly, but still problematic on the D/L.

I tried Lego SW 1 with the wife, and she only lasted about 20 minutes before deciding we didn't like playing it with each other.

Wife + LSW = Falls Off Cliffs Repeatedly
X

I can now sleep at night knowing that I'm not the only one who flips out at their Signinficant Other during Lego Star Wars... all...the...time...

bread's done
Back