If you two don't like Major Nelson, don't mention him

Indifference

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I really enjoy th CAGcast, I also enjoy Majornelson's blogcast. But I guess I don't understand why they mention him almost every show. It's obvious that they don't like him or his blogcast, people who listen to the cagcast get it. Perhaps they are obsessed with him, because indifference towards him(ie not mentioning him) would make more sense given the comments made about him. It takes emotion and energy to hate or love someone/something, apathy requires nothing. I recall a show where Cheapy badmouthed him for putting some sony related info on his blog. He works for MS, sony's direct competition it makes sense that he be somewhat interested in what they do. They sound like the guy who tells you 15 minute stories about a girl he doesn't "care" about. If they don't like him, they shouldn't mention him.

[quote name='Abiggs']I really enjoy th CAGcast, I also enjoy Majornelson's blogcast. But I guess I don't understand why they mention him almost every show. It's obvious that they don't like him or his blogcast, people who listen to the cagcast get it. Perhaps they are obsessed with him, because indifference towards him(ie not mentioning him) would make more sense given the comments made about him. It takes emotion and energy to hate or love someone/something, apathy requires nothing. I recall a show where Cheapy badmouthed him for putting some sony related info on his blog. He works for MS, sony's direct competition it makes sense that he be somewhat interested in what they do. They sound like the guy who tells you 15 minute stories about a girl he doesn't "care" about. If they don't like him, they shouldn't mention him.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they dislike him. Befor a recent show they thought Major Nelson was a fan of the CAGcast and tuned into it. ut when Cheapy went to the show and basicaly blew him off thats when things went a little different. I'd be the same way.

Also, Even if they do make fun of him they should continue. I'm really not into Major Nelson. I really don't get the appeal to this one dude. I mean who the fuck is he? Just some Microsoft dick? A lot of people swing from this dude's nuts for some unforseen reason. I could careless about this dude.

I always thought that the blow-off was because of the comments made about him. Perhaps I am misinformed, I guess I just feel like they could benefit from each others popularity and industry influence(if you will). Sort of like when Gamingsteve and Major Nelson did a show or two together. I guess I should actually get back to my job which was on hold why I created my initial post and this reply.

for the record, I have nothing against Major Nelson, All he is, is a commercial for Madden tutorials and horse armor and as that he does great job, and I mean that, seriously. My problem is that too many people view him as legit journalism, not as an infomercial

Totally. When you can learn the following "informative" tidbits from his podcast, you know exactly what you're dealing with:

• 720p is actually better than 1080p.
  • Component is just as good as HDMI.
  • You'll never need all that storage space on a Blu-Ray disc.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Isn't 720p better, though, in certain applications, compared to other resolutions?[/quote]Depending on the source (movie or gameplay) and the TV (native 720p or better), yes. For example, on my native 720p DLP, 720p is the way to go. If I ran it in 1080i, not only would the picture be interlaced, but the few extra horizontal pixels the source contains would be lost due to my screen not displaying at 1080i or p natively.

1080p > 720p > 1080i > 480p > 480i > finger painting.

Generally speaking, that is. In some cases, the higher total res of 1080i looks better than 720p. But for gaming, progressive is typically better.

I like Major Nelson just fine.
When did I ever say otherwise? I demand specific quotes!

I've even posted links to specific episoides of his show in the 360 forum.

I don't think they have been too rough on him. I enjoy majors shows, as I do the cagcast. There was an episode or so in the middle of the summer were they were a little negative about him, but nothing major where I thought they hated him. The recent stuff has been fine imo. I wonder if things would have gone differently if major nelson gave cheapy a big hug and said he loved his work

I see his blog for what it is: a blog of a Microsoft employee. He's the public face for the community, so there's things he has to do with it and things he can't do with it. A while ago he was talking about stopping his blogs, but I think he realized that without his blog, he's just another Hardcore. (Who? Exactly.)

I think some best parts are when Major Nelson is involved. I want Mention that I saw CheapyD on Xbox Toyko video on Xbox.

I don't mind CheapyD and Wombat talking about Major Nelson, at least it dosen't takeover the podcast, plus I would like to hear their views on other blogs/podcasts.. Maybe thats just me..

Huh. I never thought they were bad mouthing Major Nelson. If anything, I would think MN would have been ticked about Cheapy's ads that MN blocked.

I don't get MN's appeal either. I don't dislike him, either, and do subscribe to his podcast. But I understand that MN has to shill the company line and he is a Microsoft media face.

Normally, though, I usually stop listening after the first 10 minutes or so of his podcast. His delivery is just too dry for me. There are times when I am listening to him at work and then sort of stop paying attention. And that is a bad sign when I find something like reassigning a printer queue more interesting than a podcast....

[quote name='pimpinc333']. I really don't get the appeal to this one dude. I mean who the fuck is he? Just some Microsoft dick? A lot of people swing from this dude's nuts for some unforseen reason. I could careless about this dude.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean Reggie.

Anything to get Wombat to stop pleading for an "industry" job during the podcast is ok with me. :D

I like Major Nelson. I know he is nothing more then MS PR but it makes MS seem more down to earth. He has a great blodcast and seems to get some great guests with some great info. I never thought the CAGCast ever badmouths Major they seem to have good things to say about him.

You've posted enough and been here for long enough that I'm actually questioning whether or not you're spamming your site.

[quote name='Z-Saber']You've posted enough and been here for long enough that I'm actually questioning whether or not you're spamming your site.[/quote]
Is my name Blimblim, snoopers, or manager? The three french cats who run Xboxyde if you are wondering. I just hate it when I get a crap (non HD) video link to youtube (blurry), Gamevideos.com (dark), IGN (pay HD), Gamespot (pay HD AND buggy on top of it). Xboxyde is none of these things. I'm sorry if I come off as a spammer, but Xboxyde is seriously the only site you'll ever really need for media of an XBOX persuasion.

Well, after looking at the site, I would be surprised if you were somehow involved in it, but even still, it's totally OT.

[quote name='T234']Is my name Blimblim, snoopers, or manager? The three french cats who run Xboxyde if you are wondering. I just hate it when I get a crap (non HD) video link to youtube (blurry), Gamevideos.com (dark), IGN (pay HD), Gamespot (pay HD AND buggy on top of it). Xboxyde is none of these things. I'm sorry if I come off as a spammer, but Xboxyde is seriously the only site you'll ever really need for media of an XBOX persuasion.[/QUOTE]

Do french people really name there kids Blimblim, snoopers or manager? At least with a name like manager it sets up for a good job in the future, and is there some rule now where you only allowed one user name for everysite in the internets? who knew

[quote name='Z-Saber']Well, after looking at the site, I would be surprised if you were somehow involved in it, but even still, it's totally OT.[/quote]
Among xbots, Blimblim often gets mentioned in the same sentence as Major Nelson as a Jesus-like figure that's gonna bring them outta the console ghetto or some shit. That's where I made the connection fellas.

Considering I know little about Nelson and absolutely zero about Blimblamblum, I'd say the connection was lost on the audience, fella.

[quote name='T234']Among xbots, Blimblim often gets mentioned in the same sentence as Major Nelson as a Jesus-like figure that's gonna bring them outta the console ghetto or some shit. That's where I made the connection fellas.[/quote]

I must have not gotten the firmware update because I've never even heard of Blimblim.

Xboxyde is a decent site for watching videos and screenshots though.

[quote name='shipwreck']I must have not gotten the firmware update because I've never even heard of Blimblim.[/QUOTE]

leave it to shipwreck to keep Blimblim on the DL, I see what you are trying to do, dont make me call the "manager"

Instead of Xbots I probably shoulda put "retards on gamefaqs". Sorry for the confusion.

Googled Blimblim just to see what all the fuss was about. Among many Xboxyde links or blogs linking to Xboxyde, there was this nice little entry:

Learn how you could meet BLIMBLIM. Now's your chance to meet other local Satanists

I can only assume that this is the Blimblim and this probably means Major Nelson is a Satanist as well.

[quote name='shipwreck']Googled Blimblim just to see what all the fuss was about. Among many Xboxyde links or blogs linking to Xboxyde, there was this nice little entry:

I can only assume that this is the Blimblim and this probably means Major Nelson is a Satanist as well.[/quote]
Kaz Harai did tell me that major nelson really was the devil, and he had the pentagram tattooed on his scrotum.

[quote name='T234']Kaz Harai did tell me that major nelson really was the devil, and he had the pentagram tattooed on his scrotum.[/quote]That post made up for everything. Welcome to CAG! :applause:

[quote name='Z-Saber']That post made up for everything. Welcome to CAG! :applause:[/quote]
The funny thing is that he told me this in-between hollering "RIIIIDGE RAACER" and pulling out pie charts showing sony's monumental success. This was all during taping of Real Sex 43: Rear Weak Spot Edition.

[quote name='Z-Saber']...meme...[/quote]
What the hell is this? Seriously, I hear that everywhere and I don't get it.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Worst bump ever yeah.[/quote]
I'm not the worst person in this thread anymore. YAY ME!

bread's done
Back