Sonic the hedgehog for 39.82 for PS 3

Sad is the day I'll become excited for a $40 dollaw game. that's why I won't be getting a new console until my trusty fat PS2 dies... and even then I'll be replacing it with its skinnier brother and not its expensive cousin.

but for a system where games are $60 this is a good deal... but it does make me wonder if $40 games will be the new budget titles for next gen... imagine $40 Bowling, Poker, and go cart racing...

Quite sad that this title doesn't even deserve $40. I'm no expert gamer, but I died 5 times before completing the 360 demo. 5 times I fell into the abyss because its impossible to control Sonic and make him go where you want him to go.

Had I not played the 360 demo, I'd snap on this.... since I have, I'm waiting for the bargain bin on this one, which won't be long...

All I've seen is one gameplay video and it becomes immediately evident that everything that was been wrong with every 3D Sonic game since Sonic Adventure is still plaguing this "reinvisioning" of the game. $40 is about $38 too much, even for the "next-gen."

Sonic on the Wii may be an enjoyable time with it's more driving-like control, but Sonic just needs to stay in 2D. When is Sega going to figure that out?

i wanted to like this game so bad... after about 10-20 minutes of the demo, i was nauseous (i thought the camera work was HORRIBLE), and furious at the sloppy control and uncooperative viewing angles. anyone considering a buy should try the 360 demo first.

I know. I read a blog entry going on about how terrible it was, and I was like "how bad could it really be?" Little did I know... There may be room for some adjustments to the controls before the game goes retail, but in its demo form it was pretty much unplayable.

[quote name='PyroGamer']The demo is fantastic.[/quote]
Yeah, it's probably the best demo I've ever played.

I'm obviously not being serious.

People at E3 said that the Wii version is far superior to the PS3/Xbox 360 versions because its a different game. Though it's supposed to worse graphically, game-play and design wise its apparently much, much better. I havent tried it for myself, but thats the word from last E3.

[quote name='Rig']Sonic was never meant for 3D. The 360 demo was awful.[/quote]
agreed. what i wouldn't give for a Tomba-style Sonic game in HD on the 360. devs and pubs can be so stupid sometimes.

Camera was way to slow to move, and the controls were just way to loose.
Very frustrating demo, got sort of used to it after a while.

A 2d in arcade would be nice.

[quote name='allyourblood']agreed. what i wouldn't give for a Tomba-style Sonic game in HD on the 360. devs and pubs can be so stupid sometimes.[/QUOTE]

You referenced Tomba. I love you.

The demo wasn't all that bad. Sure it wasn't the greatest game ever made like every Sonic game should be, but it's worth at least $20.

BTB, it's not like Sonic Team can't at least fine tune the camera & framerate issues before hand.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']
BTB, it's not like Sonic Team can't at least fine tune the camera & framerate issues before hand.[/quote]

they haven't for years. why start now? ;)

[quote name='Rig']Sonic was never meant for 3D. The 360 demo was awful.[/quote]

I tend to disagree somwhat, if the levels were big, action packed with multiple ways and exits like the 2D sonics and provided atleast 5 hours (I mean level play), it might just work out.

Yeah but sega hasn't done that so yeah sonic should stay 2D.

Is it me or was Sonic even more hard to control than the Sonic Adventure games? The SA games had their camera problems and glitches, but I generally loved them. But the 360 demo... it was complete shit.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Is it me or was Sonic even more hard to control than the Sonic Adventure games? The SA games had their camera problems and glitches, but I generally loved them. But the 360 demo... it was complete shit.[/QUOTE]

It's not just you--Sonic Team should just admit they have no clue what they're doing and stick to handhelds....

[quote name='wampa8jedi']It's not just you--Sonic Team should just admit they have no clue what they're doing and stick to handhelds....[/QUOTE]
You're right man. And it sucks to be a Sonic fan because of it. =p

bread's done
Back