Photo
- - - - -

Wii to launch early? No, seriously, Best Buy says so!

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 orimental

orimental

Now in High Definition

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:57 PM

I don't think the dimensions are a mistake. It sounds legit considering what's coming in the Wii box.

What's in the Wii Box?

Wii Console
Wii Stand + Plate
Wii Sensor Bar + Stand
Wii Remote + Strap
Nunchuk
AC Adapter
Stereo AV Cable
2 AA Batteries
Wii Sports

The first entry is for one case of Wii boxes, while the second is for each Wii box itself. There's probably 3 Wiis per case.

I just hope that Ninty doesn't cheap out and put Wii Sports in a cardboard sleeve.

#62 regisphilbi0

regisphilbi0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:24 PM

I just hope that Ninty doesn't cheap out and put Wii Sports in a cardboard sleeve.

I agree completely. I will be PISSED if they just stick them in a sleeve. That would just suck. I want all my games to be in DVD cases.
Posted Image

#63 dserafin1986

dserafin1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:47 PM

Brilliant move by the big N to release days after the PS3. The early adopters of the PS3 will most likely be the hardcore fanboys, and some ebayers, supply dictates that. Now picture the people who are on the fence, who at launch cannot find a PS3 and refuse to pay the ebay prices. These are the frustrated masses that will purchase the readily available Wii along with the gamer who has already made up their mind that they must have one. My prediction, the Wii will break all console sales records, early launch or not.

Dude, I think you're gonne be right on the money with this call here...

#64 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:58 PM

I don't think the dimensions are a mistake. It sounds legit considering what's coming in the Wii box.

What's in the Wii Box?

Wii Console
Wii Stand + Plate
Wii Sensor Bar + Stand
Wii Remote + Strap
Nunchuk
AC Adapter
Stereo AV Cable
2 AA Batteries
Wii Sports

The first entry is for one case of Wii boxes, while the second is for each Wii box itself. There's probably 3 Wiis per case.

Yeah, you're probably right. :D

#65 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:58 PM

Dude, I think you're gonne be right on the money with this call here...

Well, considering all of the EB/GS launch PS3s are already history and the big boxes are supposedly getting even less than that, I think this is a safe bet.

#66 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:26 PM

Well, considering all of the EB/GS launch PS3s are already history and the big boxes are supposedly getting even less than that, I think this is a safe bet.

Yeah, I can see it happening.

I think the Wii is going to sell very, very well. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Wii's initial shipment becoming sold out, if not almost sold out.