WTF Nintendo...Component Cables to cost $59.99

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:17 AM

Sweet. Timeto sell my Cube component cable.

#32 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:22 AM

haha, sucks to be a graphics/tech/resolution whore

Yea, it really sucks to not want to have my game look like total shit.

There is a HUGE difference between composite and component. I take it you've never experienced it. Might want to step into the 21st century and ditch the 19" tv, sparky.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#33 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:25 AM

Is it confirmed the Wii will no longer accept the standard AV/Component cables from the SNES, N64, Cube, etc? Any screenshots of the back of the system? I may have to sell my cables if so since the Wii can emulate Cube anyway.

i dunno, it might accept the old nintendo composite cable since it has audio and video in it.
"Men have become the tools of their tools." - Thoreau
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn
Posted ImagePosted Image DVDs My Games

#34 Scrubsy

Scrubsy

The Charmed One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:50 AM

There is a HUGE difference between composite and component. I take it you've never experienced it. Might want to step into the 21st century and ditch the 19" tv, sparky.

I recently bought an HDTV an using composite made the games looke like shit. I just bought some monster component for my systems and its a whole new world of playing games. Theres no way Im going back to composite after playing component gaming.
"I'm sorry, I'm not taking any questions right now, but my belt is."

#35 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:03 AM

I've played a few games at a friends with a fancy TV. It looks amazing. However, it plays exactly the same and adds no additional fun to the game.

#36 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:15 AM

IGN posted an article on the official Nintendo Wii accessories over in Japan. It looks to me like the component cables will cost $29.99 US. I don't mind paying extra, but I thought I read somewhere that a combo composite/component was going to be packed-in with the system.

#37 daroga

daroga

swimming with nanocarp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:12 AM

IGN posted an article on the official Nintendo Wii accessories over in Japan. It looks to me like the component cables will cost $29.99 US. I don't mind paying extra, but I thought I read somewhere that a combo composite/component was going to be packed-in with the system.

While region conversions are never accurate, $20 would be much closer to the 2,500 yen then $30 would be. I expect a $19.99 price point on the component cables, or possibly $24.99, but not $29.99. Of course, if NoA would just say SOMETHING about it I wouldn't just be spouting off baseless guesses.:-|

Posted Image

#38 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:56 AM

While region conversions are never accurate, $20 would be much closer to the 2,500 yen then $30 would be. I expect a $19.99 price point on the component cables, or possibly $24.99, but not $29.99. Of course, if NoA would just say SOMETHING about it I wouldn't just be spouting off baseless guesses.:-|

$20-$25 would make the most sense. The GC component cables had the hardware built into the cables making them more expensive. The required hardware is in inside the Wii this time meaning a more traditional cable will be used, albeit with the proprietary Wii plug on one end.

#39 botticus

botticus

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:57 PM

Actually it will be $34.99 in the US, but will come with a second copy of Wii Sports.

#40 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:03 PM

If 2500 yen is 20-25 dollars that would be nice to see.

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#41 Goldfingiz

Goldfingiz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:30 PM

Hopefully the Wii comes with a component cable. It's 2006! If not, hopefully they're available in all stores rather than just online like the GCN cable.

#42 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:32 PM

Hopefully the Wii comes with a component cable. It's 2006! If not, hopefully they're available in all stores rather than just online like the GCN cable.

Everyone knows it's not coming with it.

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#43 dserafin1986

dserafin1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:07 PM

19.99 Would be great...Hey how was the quality for Nintendo's component cables for the Gamecube??? I assume it was pretty good, but just wondering

#44 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:29 PM

19.99 Would be great...Hey how was the quality for Nintendo's component cables for the Gamecube??? I assume it was pretty good, but just wondering

Very good when the games supported progressive scan (many did) and especially when they were in 16:9. I'm playing Lego Star Wars 2 on it right now and it supports both and looks fantastic.

#45 Tebunker

Tebunker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:43 PM

look in the accessories thread and see that the cables will bu 2500 yen, so probably 29.99 here.

#46 daroga

daroga

swimming with nanocarp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:58 PM

look in the accessories thread and see that the cables will bu 2500 yen, so probably 29.99 here.

Or $19.99 as that would be <$1 less than Japan vs $9+ more

Split the difference at $24.99 and be safe. ;)

Posted Image

#47 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:42 PM

Link for those interested in seeing the cables/accessories in question:

http://wii.ign.com/a...8/738362p1.html

Think they will release D-Cable here? That's like VGA, right? Any advantage over component? My set can use either.

#48 daroga

daroga

swimming with nanocarp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:05 PM

Link for those interested in seeing the cables/accessories in question:

http://wii.ign.com/a...8/738362p1.html

Think they will release D-Cable here? That's like VGA, right? Any advantage over component? My set can use either.

Do, it's "D-Terminal," which is a Japan-only TV connector.

Posted Image

#49 JosephD1014

JosephD1014

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

Actually it will be $34.99 in the US, but will come with a second copy of Wii Sports.

That made my day... thanks for the laugh :)

#50 daroga

daroga

swimming with nanocarp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:42 AM

Wow, off topic a bit, but I never saw this coming for the PS3:
http://www.joystiq.c...mposite-cables/

Posted Image

#51 botticus

botticus

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:47 AM

Wow, off topic a bit, but I never saw this coming for the PS3:
http://www.joystiq.c...mposite-cables/

Wow, both versions? I thought it was just the cheap one that didn't include them. I like this comment:

13. I think sony is doing this because not everyone has HDTV's and doesn't want to waste money packing them into the box.

I don't have a HDTV so composite cables are fine for me.

Can someone really use the same excuse we were using for the Wii in relation to the PS3? I mean, the PS3 IS high-def!

#52 daroga

daroga

swimming with nanocarp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:52 AM

Wow, both versions? I thought it was just the cheap one that didn't include them. I like this comment:
Can someone really use the same excuse we were using for the Wii in relation to the PS3? I mean, the PS3 IS high-def!

Exactly. It's almost like Nintendo not packaing the Wii with the remote. HD is what the PS3 has got going for it...

Posted Image