Photo
- - - - -

Transformers Toys - Deals & Discussion

Transformers Autobot Deception Beast Wars Optimus Prime Megatron Hasbro Takara SDCC Botcon

• Please log in to reply
5753 replies to this topic

#4171 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

What and where are 5 Below's? I really want that Windcharger!

Random "dollar" store (everything is supposed to be 5 bucks or less). The store I went to only had 1, but I'll def. keep an eye out for you. IDK if they are nationwide, but a few randomly popped up in a few towns I know in Illinois.

The two I've been to had Reveal the Shield scouts in a wheelbarrow near the door. Had to dig, but I found one :D Nice little figure, but definitely not worth the insane import costs. I say up the wazzoo because I've seen people on the TFW boards reporting coming home with 5-10, so...

I'll snag one for you if I find any more, idk if they restock or if the barrowful was all they will have.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#4172 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:05 AM

Sky Shadow is still up at HTS if anyone needs one.

I ordered last night, they shipped it today and with free shipping the latest its supposed to be here is 12/22, so its good if you want to buy it for a present as it'll be here before Christmas.

They also restocked on Junkheap, DOTM Drag Strip and have all of the new DOTM figures (Air Raid, Darksteel, etc.) for anyone interested.

Just found a killer promo code to use too : FNF20FS gets you 20% off your entire order! For $11.99 figures, this drops the price to $9.59 so yea, now is a good time to fill holes in your collection.

Now the figures are cheaper than retail without the hunt. For 20% off I grabbed Junkheap and Drag Strip for the hell of it.

Apparently HTS also had the First Edition Prime figures up -- Screamer and Arcee are sold out though but Bumblebee is still up and for $9.50, that beats TRU's price at $12. Maybe they won't stay TRU exclusive after all? I can't think of any other TRU exclusive that HTS also sold.

Edited by animalspinners, 08 December 2011 - 01:30 AM.

#4173 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

Dangit! Now I'm gonna have to hound HBTS for a Junkheap and Prime Starscream. Thanks for the heads up, and for the coupon animalspinners!

Also, they're not TRU "exclusive", TRU just happened to get them in first for some reason (possibly, limited time exclusivity, or early release rights). I think it also might be that other retail chains don't want to order a new line when their back rooms are probably full of over-ordered movie figs...
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers

#4174 Watchman

Watchman

BC2 Medic/God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

Random "dollar" store (everything is supposed to be 5 bucks or less). The store I went to only had 1, but I'll def. keep an eye out for you. IDK if they are nationwide, but a few randomly popped up in a few towns I know in Illinois.

I'll snag one for you if I find any more, idk if they restock or if the barrowful was all they will have.

Thanks! 'Preciate it. Wind's always been my favorite mini, so having him supersized would be killer. Surprised I never heard of the chain, but I've been away from my beloved Illinois for a while now--always heartbreaking when I come back to visit and something's shut down, burned down, or been replaced.

We have Ross out here to compete with Marshall's for bargain basement deals, managed to pick up an Iron Man Humvee TF for nine bucks. Never have the finds I hear others scoring there. :/
"Ohh! Kitty got wet!" --Nathan Drake, Uncharted 2

#4175 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:56 PM

dang, junk heap all gone :( thanks for the heads up and coupon code.

I wish they chose a different word instead of "Prime" for this new series. You all realize how many returns on a search for "Transformers Prime" gets right, LOL

#4176 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

boo hasbrotoyshop and your $20 shipping to Hawaii.....

#4177 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:29 AM

So apparently Transformers 4 is going to be a thing with Bay at the helm again.

The only think I can think of is "Damn, 10000 more Bumblebees, Optimus Primes and Ratchets that no one is going to buy."

Despite getting most of the unique DOTM figures, the line as a whole really failed to impress me with its endless repaints, slow trickle of new figures and just general apathy from Hasbro compared to past movie lines. I'm really not looking forward to even more iterations of movie figures we've already seen 3 times over.

#4178 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

Despite getting most of the unique DOTM figures, the line as a whole really failed to impress me with its endless repaints, slow trickle of new figures and just general apathy from Hasbro compared to past movie lines. I'm really not looking forward to even more iterations of movie figures we've already seen 3 times over.

Amen to that.

What I don't understand with DOTM is why it was so scattershot? The movie's been released on DVD, and there are major characters still missing (Soundwave, Wheeljack, Mirage) yet plenty of new molds of characters that were never in the movie. Or any movie. It's so WTF.

Then there's the whole Wreckers thing. You can't get a unified set at any size class. HA is missing Topspin, and Roadbuster is armored when Leadfoot is not. (We haven't even seen these guys yet in Canada...thanks Hasbro). Deluxes are mostly armored except for Roadbuster, who was recolored in orange (?) but not armored.

We get Leader Bee, but no Leader Megatron. Or Shockwave. So many really obvious things that should be out there or in development but...aren't.

There's obviously demand for these products, but Hasbro looks like it's run out of gas. I'm wondering if they've spread themselves too thin over too many lines (regular, HA, HA Basic, Cyberverse, Generations, Prime, all the kiddie stuff, all the non-transforming stuff).
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#4179 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

Noticed Target put their Target Exclusive deluxe figures (Bumblebee and Arcee) on clearance at 50% off.

Posted Image

#4180 yakkotank

yakkotank

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:50 PM

Amen to that.

What I don't understand with DOTM is why it was so scattershot? The movie's been released on DVD, and there are major characters still missing (Soundwave, Wheeljack, Mirage) yet plenty of new molds of characters that were never in the movie. Or any movie. It's so WTF.

I think they're saving some stuff for the Movie Trilogy line in 2012 - we've seen Wheeljack and Soundwave so far, and deluxe Leadfoot is supposed to be a Target exclusive.

Compared to the other TF movie lines, DOTM seems to be ending much sooner, though.

#4181 Watchman

Watchman

BC2 Medic/God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:34 PM

Noticed Target put their Target Exclusive deluxe figures (Bumblebee and Arcee) on clearance at 50% off.

Saw that too last night.
As for the DOTM, I only bought one, that deluxe Autobot chopper, mostly because I liked how his blades became part of his chest rather than the usual "wings" or blade weapons. I hate the Bayformer look and their limbs looking spindly and ugly as sin, looking more like body parts hidden under a chassis than being formed from a piece of their alternate form--and if they do, they look poorly designed.
I look at my Alternators line with inspired transformations like Smokescreen/Bluestreak, Skids and especially Hound and wonder what designer they picked up that fell off the turnip truck for DOTM.

#4182 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

I think they're saving some stuff for the Movie Trilogy line in 2012 - we've seen Wheeljack and Soundwave so far, and deluxe Leadfoot is supposed to be a Target exclusive.

Compared to the other TF movie lines, DOTM seems to be ending much sooner, though.

Movie Trilogy line?

I really hope this is some kind of rumor. I would love for Hasbro to just leave the movie shit alone for awhile, because the world no longer needs even more repaints and re-releases of Bumblebee, Ratchet and Optimus Prime.

I mean, I know the movies revitalized the franchise but enough is enough at this point. Its been almost five straight years of movie stuff on the pegs. Time to concentrate on Prime and keep making new Generations figures while the movie stuff just takes a rest.

#4183 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:56 PM

Yeah, I really liked most of the figs from Movie 1 and RotF, but DotM figs were just HUGE disappointments for the most part. From the scattershot launching of new figs (and as mentioned, the very prominant missing figs), excess of repaints (how many bumblebees are even out there right now?!), and the gimmicky weapons making the figures overall a lot smaller. The overall quality of the figures seems to have dropped too, from plastic quality, to design, to paint apps. There's a couple really great figs (the Voyager helicopter Watchman mentioned being one) but overall the line kinda sucks.

Really happy to say that, at least for Bee and RC, Prime is a much better line already. Really like the movie meets Animated esthetic and the complexity of the transformations.

Also really hope Generations comes back / continues in some fashion, especially once the new game launches. Or better yet, give us an entire line based on the game (the Megs, Prime, and Bee from WfC were fantastic)

#4184 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

Or better yet, give us an entire line based on the game (the Megs, Prime, and Bee from WfC were fantastic)

We'll just end up getting those three again plus Cliffjumper.

The fact Hasbro never went further with WfC figures is one of the biggest disappointments I can think of with the brand in the last few years.

We could have finally gotten new a Trypticon... I'd much rather take that than another Leader Bumblebee. Hell, we could have finally have gotten a Slipstream as well.

#4185 yakkotank

yakkotank

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:22 AM

Movie Trilogy line?

I really hope this is some kind of rumor. I would love for Hasbro to just leave the movie shit alone for awhile, because the world no longer needs even more repaints and re-releases of Bumblebee, Ratchet and Optimus Prime.

I mean, I know the movies revitalized the franchise but enough is enough at this point. Its been almost five straight years of movie stuff on the pegs. Time to concentrate on Prime and keep making new Generations figures while the movie stuff just takes a rest.

Yup, Movie Trilogy. Should be running alongside Prime.

http://www.tfw2005.c...-slides-173639/

#4186 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:02 AM

And what a shock, look at that first wave:

Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer
Bumblebee redeco
Wheeljack "Generation 1" retool
Autobot Ratchet "Rescue Ratchet" white redeco
Soundwave "Soundblaster" redeco

Its exactly as I called it -- Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Ratchet repaints and re-releases.

Cmon, they aren't even trying with that Bumlebee anymore and that Wheeljack is just... ugh. That Optimus Prime isn't that amazing either, despite coming with the trailer.

Why does this line even need to exist? Surely the kids who are Bumblebee (and I guess Ratchet, seeing as how he now gets tons of repaints) fans have more than enough now?

If they want a Bumblebee so bad, they can get a Prime one?

I'm quickly growing disenchanted with the brand due to all the boneheaded decisions. Generations was going in a great direction but lately, I don't know.

#4187 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:14 AM

Good think I really only get Leader and Voyager class models. Although it means I get fewer figures to choose from, I don't always have to look at repaint after repaint of the deluxes. I would certainly like to see some new figures though.

#4188 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:44 AM

And what a shock, look at that first wave:
that Wheeljack is just... ugh.

No, the regular release of Wheeljack is ugh. This one is tolerable. It's the one I'll be buying since the original is nightmare-inducing.

Why does this line even need to exist? Surely the kids who are Bumblebee (and I guess Ratchet, seeing as how he now gets tons of repaints) fans have more than enough now?

If they want a Bumblebee so bad, they can get a Prime one?

I'm quickly growing disenchanted with the brand due to all the boneheaded decisions. Generations was going in a great direction but lately, I don't know.

Look, part of this is boneheaded but part of it is necessary. Movie stuff makes more money than Generations ever has or will. It's because of the the movie stuff that we get stuff like Generations. I'm willing to make that trade-off.

I think it's also a vicious circle kind of thing. Store buyers are often uninformed and go for "movie" and characters they know, because that's about all they know. Rather than educate them, Hasbro caters to them.

I think that's stupid, because they'd sell a lot more if customers had more choices and things they wanted to buy. The ridiculous number of Bumblebees is not good for anyone, and I wonder what it's going to take for everyone to realize that.

At least Prime will be out, so even if the Movie Trilogy line is mostly yawn-inducing, there will be something good.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#4189 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:14 AM

Look, part of this is boneheaded but part of it is necessary. Movie stuff makes more money than Generations ever has or will. It's because of the the movie stuff that we get stuff like Generations. I'm willing to make that trade-off.

I think it's also a vicious circle kind of thing. Store buyers are often uninformed and go for "movie" and characters they know, because that's about all they know. Rather than educate them, Hasbro caters to them.

I think that's stupid, because they'd sell a lot more if customers had more choices and things they wanted to buy. The ridiculous number of Bumblebees is not good for anyone, and I wonder what it's going to take for everyone to realize that.

At least Prime will be out, so even if the Movie Trilogy line is mostly yawn-inducing, there will be something good.

Yea, Prime will be out at the same time, but my stores will fill any empty Transformers peg with any Transformers product, meaning that once Prime sells out they will stock Movie Trilogy in its spot. If that stuff doesn't move, no more Prime for me. I saw it happen during the entire Generations run, as stores kept stocking Movie stuff in its pegs and the movie stuff sat there forever, making Generations impossible to find.

I know about the trade-off and what the movie did for the franchise, and I admitted before I'm a fan of the figures for the most part, but the trade-off to me doesn't matter when I never see the other product out on the shelves. I'm getting to the point where I don't care how well the movie figures help the franchise as its now personally ruining it for me with over-saturation of the same core figures when the franchise as a whole has 100's to choose from.

For example, I'll see that horrible first wave of Movie Trilogy figures in my area from the day it launches until the day the stores reset, because stores over-order the hell out of the first wave and its usually figures no one wants.

Like I said earlier, we've had movie stuff on the pegs since... 2007? Lets figure the new movie hits in 2013, we'll have movie trilogy stuff in 2012 and movie 4 in 2013, so we're looking at seven straight years of the same figures over and over and over again.

It frees up a ton of money for third party stuff at least.

And I agree with you about using diverse characters. When I go to any store now the characters that are rotting are Bumblebee, Ratchet, Mudflap and Skids while most of the newer, unique figures are gone. I can always tell when a store has had Wave 3 in stock because all thats left is that Bumblebee repaint and Mudflap.

I honestly wonder if the store buyers or Hasbro themselves ever bother to look at the pegs and just see how much of this stuff is rotting. I'd love to see the market research that tells them "Lets make a new Mudflap for DOTM! The ROTF one sold awesome!"

I know a lot of it sounds like whiny BS but it kind of sucks watching my enthusiasm for the line dwindle to nothing with each new announcement.

The TL;DR is that while I'm happy for what the movie and figures did to the franchise, its now starting to ruin the franchise (for me) in that we keep getting the same figures in the same style over and over again.

Edited by animalspinners, 10 December 2011 - 04:27 AM.

#4190 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:28 AM

Y
I honestly wonder if the store buyers or Hasbro themselves ever bother to look at the pegs and just see how much of this stuff is rotting. I'd love to see the market research that tells them "Lets make a new Mudflap for DOTM! The ROTF one sold awesome!"

From what I have heard on other forums, buyers are shockingly uninformed. They buy for the whole department, so knowledge of any one product is pretty limited. For Transformers, this boils down to "Movie good. Other stuff, not as good."

I would think Hasbro has to know what's going on, but they keep making the same mistakes over and over. The recolor waves have clogged pegs for years now. I just picked up some RtS stuff today -- they've made it to all the local discount/clearance stores. I saw Jazz and Tracks a total of maybe 3 times when they were sold originally. For this wave, distribution and case assortment were a total failure. Yet I know people who still want Jazz and Tracks.

I know a lot of it sounds like whiny BS but it kind of sucks watching my enthusiasm for the line dwindle to nothing with each new announcement.

I hear you. There are too many aspects that I find just annoying or nonsensical. For such a big company and such a huge moneymaker, it boggles me that they can't do some really simple things that will improve everyone's bottom line -- theirs, retailers', and consumers'.

In better news, I went to my local TRU yesterday -- they restocked Prime with a boatload of toys, including Cliffjumpers. The Arcees and Starscreams were now in large enough quantity that they couldn't be scalped, and it was all on sale to boot. Here's hoping this is a positive sign, because this is how it should be done.

#4191 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:57 AM

Speaking of TF: Prime, TRU just jacked up the figures online to $13.99 now a piece now.

They've got Starscream in stock but I can't justify $20 after shipping for just one figure. Hoping HTS does a restock soon.

And "couldn't be scalped?" Don't be so sure ;) Not sure if you saw that thread on TFW2005 about people underestimating the DOTM profits, but that dude who started it is in my area and according to the thread and his pics, he hits 21 stores a day starting at 5 am and sells all the figures he gets on Amazon. Now I know why I can never find shit here because king scalper lives here.

Unfortunately we've only got one TRU in this area and he's there every 10 am buying everything =/

I feel really bad for any kids who want anything TF related for Christmas.

If you guys want a first look account at how a scalper operates, here you go:

http://www.tfw2005.c...experience.html

Its on page 3 and 4 where he lists that he spends 3k a day and hits 21 stores; some people in the thread call BS but he's got pics and honestly, I believe it, the shelves are constantly bare of TFs every single time I head out.

Edited by animalspinners, 12 December 2011 - 08:14 AM.

#4192 Watchman

Watchman

BC2 Medic/God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Oof. I know from experience just selling a few figures online that between driving around, gas, walking through my usual stores, waiting in line to buy, sitting on them until a buyer comes along, shipping and waiting for payment this man would go certifiably insane doing this weekly--not to mention I don't buy his story that he makes a tidy profit from over-abundant pegwarmers.
Glad he doesn't live around me--I'm betting though I've got a few like him around me though.

#4193 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

Wow, speaking of how boneheaded Hasbro can be:
From an interview about the new game:
"Matt Tieger says originally, Grimlock was not in Hasbro's Aligned Continuity. His part in the game owes a lot to the team campaigning hard to get him in there!"

Seriously Hasbro? "Hey, almost everyone loves Grimlock and the Dinbots, have wanted them in the movies but our shit ass director won't do it. Let's just write him out of continuity..." Fuck you Hasbro. Seriously.

(I will forgive u if you give us a Bruticus figure from the game. I know you won't, but still...)

#4194 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:29 AM

Amazon have 40% of most of the Transformer Kreo sets. I'm not a huge fan of these, I think they could have been so much better...but if you wanted to complete your sets, these are some good prices.

#4195 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

Wow, speaking of how boneheaded Hasbro can be:
From an interview about the new game:
"Matt Tieger says originally, Grimlock was not in Hasbro's Aligned Continuity. His part in the game owes a lot to the team campaigning hard to get him in there!"

Seriously Hasbro? "Hey, almost everyone loves Grimlock and the Dinbots, have wanted them in the movies but our shit ass director won't do it. Let's just write him out of continuity..." Fuck you Hasbro. Seriously.

(I will forgive u if you give us a Bruticus figure from the game. I know you won't, but still...)

I think you misunderstood.

From what I know, I think Aligned Continunity is the two games and Prime cartoon, along with some novels. Its not referring to the brand as a whole.

They aren't writing Grimlock out of Transformers lore, just saying that Hasbro wasn't going to use him at all in Prime and Prime-related materials. That's not a shock -- they probably couldn't think of how to integrate him as a dinosaur and Grimlock in any form but a T-Rex would have the fans rage. Hasbro knows when to pick its battles with the fandom.

And Grimlock wouldn't have worked in the live action movies at all. Hes a cool character, but his alt form is such that its a real bitch to include him in anything remotely realistic.

To be honest, I'm really not fond of how they shoehorned him into Fall of Cybertron.

And as for Bruticus, I'd be glad if Hasbro just re-released the ROTF set so I can finally have a matching Fansproject Bruticus, because Hasbro won't ever make one better than that. Looking at the prices of the Fansproject set now though, I definitely don't regret picking them up when I did.

#4196 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:22 PM

From what I know, I think Aligned Continunity is the two games and Prime cartoon, along with some novels. Its not referring to the brand as a whole.

This is true, but it is also their "official" canon moving on. Basically they reset their continuity to follow this one. Doesn't mean we wouldn't get any dinobots in a Generations/Classics type of line, but it means they would never be in any form of media if Hasbro took them out of the Aligned Continuity.

#4197 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

I think you misunderstood.

They aren't writing Grimlock out of Transformers lore, just saying that Hasbro wasn't going to use him at all in Prime and Prime-related materials. That's not a shock -- they probably couldn't think of how to integrate him as a dinosaur and Grimlock in any form but a T-Rex would have the fans rage. Hasbro knows when to pick its battles with the fandom.

And Grimlock wouldn't have worked in the live action movies at all. Hes a cool character, but his alt form is such that its a real bitch to include him in anything remotely realistic.

To be honest, I'm really not fond of how they shoehorned him into Fall of Cybertron.

And as for Bruticus, I'd be glad if Hasbro just re-released the ROTF set so I can finally have a matching Fansproject Bruticus, because Hasbro won't ever make one better than that. Looking at the prices of the Fansproject set now though, I definitely don't regret picking them up when I did.

Grimlock was in Dreamwave's 'War Within' series, which took place back on Cybertron towards the end of the great war (just as Optimus became Prime) and he was portrayed as a tank of sorts. I thought his design was fucking awesome (they made a titanium series toy too now that I think about it). I honestly don't care if he's a T-rex or not, and realistically it's not much of a disguise.

#4198 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

What about the movies was remotely realistic? A rampaging robotic dinosaur could only have improved them.

Hasbro should simply license the FP Bruticus set and sell the whole thing as Masterpiece Bruticus. Everyone wins.

#4199 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

Grimlock was in Dreamwave's 'War Within' series, which took place back on Cybertron towards the end of the great war (just as Optimus became Prime) and he was portrayed as a tank of sorts. I thought his design was fucking awesome (they made a titanium series toy too now that I think about it). I honestly don't care if he's a T-rex or not, and realistically it's not much of a disguise.

Hey man, I'm all about these guys taking on new forms. I was a fan of Grimlock as a tank.

One of my personal favorite things to collect is Optimus Prime in any form but the standard 18 wheeler since I'm sick of it.

So far I've got Optimus as a fire truck, a Nissan car, and a locomotive (this is my personal favorite).

#4200 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

What about the movies was remotely realistic? A rampaging robotic dinosaur could only have improved them.

I've actually never seen the movies so I have no idea, lol. I like the designs for the most part, but the actual movies themselves don't interest me at all.

Hasbro should simply license the FP Bruticus set and sell the whole thing as Masterpiece Bruticus. Everyone wins.

Hasbro should just license everything FP does, to be honest. With each figure they put out they blow away nearly everything else Hasbro has done. FP's version of Rodimus was far and away better than any official figure.

I've got both the City and Shadow Commander in my POL at BBTS, just gotta get around to getting Magnus and Nemesis soonish.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Transformers, Autobot, Deception, Beast Wars, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Hasbro, Takara, SDCC, Botcon