Photo
- - - - -

Transformers Toys - Deals & Discussion

Transformers Autobot Deception Beast Wars Optimus Prime Megatron Hasbro Takara SDCC Botcon

• Please log in to reply
5818 replies to this topic

#4711 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

Now when you say "new wave" of Cyberverse, are you talking about 'Scream, Bulk, Megs and Op?

My Target only started getting the Cyberverse last week and nothing more. They did have a few Wheeljack's still on theirs, so I moved them to the front of the pegs to get them to stand out and hopefully get picked up, thus increasing the chances for a fresh replenishment--but I'm not getting my hopes up. I've all but given up on Target and pretty much only check my TRU for new figures since that aforementioned endcap increases my chances of new figures arriving (which they do).

By the way, I don't know if anyone's interested, but I do have an extra Soundwave. I did pick it up with the intention of selling him at a higher value, but if someone's been itching to complete a wave with him I'd gladly sell it at cost+shipping.

No, I meant Breakdown, Evac, Mirage and Soundwave. All 4 of those were at my Target last Sunday. WERE being the key word since I bought them all :lol:

I also grabbed a Knock Out and a Voyager Starscream from this store too. Surprised the hell out of me because this store is usually crap when it comes to getting in new stuff.

#4712 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:58 AM

Got my BBTS preorder from the new TF Prime deluxe wave this morning. I had forgotten I pre-ordered Knock Out so I've got an extra one of him (boo) now. But the highlight of the order is the Vehicon.

Anyone holding out to find one at a store should really just buy one online. This is one really cool toy. The model is show accurate and fun to transform. He works well in both modes and just plain looks awesome. My only complaints are an inability to troop build due to rarity and the fact that he doesn't have a 'splode gimmick to make him even more show accurate. :)

EDIT: So disappointing, once I actually got Hot Shot open and played with him, I realized that he is a retool/repaint of the RID mold of Bee and not the FE mold as I had originally thought. Oh well, at least I can look forward to Hot Shot appearing on the show.

I definitely want to get one of the Vehicon figures.
Posted Image

#4713 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

TRU has some Vehicon figures on sale via eBay.

Disregard it's the cyberverse version. (edit)
Posted Image

#4714 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

Only found two new figs: Hot Shot (Boo!) and Voyager Bulkhead. Bought Bulk, and he's great! I was pissed I couldn't get the FE fig, and concensus seems to be FE is still better, but if that's the case :drool: ...

Tempted to just throw away the gimmick weapon though. Only fig to do it right so far has been Megatron imho. Lights up, has a gear activated "transformation" and looks cool in all configurations. Prime/Bulk's are just large and ugly.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#4715 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

Quick question for some of you TF connoisseurs...

There was recently a promotion in Japan for Shadow Arms Microns that were limited to a fairly low amount and only at certain stores with certain purchases.
There were four of them, but I was only able to get 3 of the 4 due to the amount of travel that was required to get to all the stores in time.

My question is, do you think there would be enough demand for these that it would be worth adding them to a lowball, or would I be better off holding onto them for awhile?

#4716 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Looks like the average sold price for the set of 4 was $100 on ebay. Might be worth holding onto it as they become less available. Not sure though, I'm not into the Arms Micron stuff.

#4717 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

Stopped by my Target and Deluxe Prime figs had a $2 price drop. Not sure how long this will be or if it's nationwide. Too bad there was only Bumblebees on my pegs.

#4718 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:20 AM

Only found two new figs: Hot Shot (Boo!) and Voyager Bulkhead. Bought Bulk, and he's great! I was pissed I couldn't get the FE fig, and concensus seems to be FE is still better, but if that's the case :drool: ...

I had the completely opposite reaction. Saw this guy in the wild at TRU and thought it looked like garbage compared to the FE. Couldn't drop $27 on it when the FE one is one my desk, I'll be hard pressed to spend even $20 -- might try to grab it on sale.

On the other hand, Voyager Starscream, who I did pick up, is awesome though. He's got a stupid weapon (it's a repaint of Prime's gun) but he comes with the missiles so it's not even needed. The translucent purple on his forearms is pretty dark and looks way better in person than on any pictures I've seen.

I actually like him a bit better than the FE Starscream, to be honest.

Tempted to just throw away the gimmick weapon though. Only fig to do it right so far has been Megatron imho. Lights up, has a gear activated "transformation" and looks cool in all configurations. Prime/Bulk's are just large and ugly.

Here's a way to make at least Prime's gimmick weapon somewhat usable. Take the tiny rubber bands that come on each TF figure, transform the gun so it actually looks like a gun, and rubber band it together to hold it in place. If you do it right, it won't light up and looks somewhat decent.

#4719 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

I had the completely opposite reaction. Saw this guy in the wild at TRU and thought it looked like garbage compared to the FE. Couldn't drop $27 on it when the FE one is one my desk, I'll be hard pressed to spend even $20 -- might try to grab it on sale.

On the other hand, Voyager Starscream, who I did pick up, is awesome though. He's got a stupid weapon (it's a repaint of Prime's gun) but he comes with the missiles so it's not even needed. The translucent purple on his forearms is pretty dark and looks way better in person than on any pictures I've seen.

I actually like him a bit better than the FE Starscream, to be honest.

Here's a way to make at least Prime's gimmick weapon somewhat usable. Take the tiny rubber bands that come on each TF figure, transform the gun so it actually looks like a gun, and rubber band it together to hold it in place. If you do it right, it won't light up and looks somewhat decent.

Yeah, that's my point though! If I'm this impressed by the RID fig, then I really hope the FE mold gets in my hands at some point :D

Really stupid that they're already reusing the weapons across figs though. So not only does Starscream come with a shitty weapon, it's a shitty weapon we ALREADY HAVE? sigh. Will def. try the rubber band trick though, thanks!

Anyone think we'll ever see the Arms Microns at some point? Perhaps 2 packs like in, when was that, Cybertron? Or 3 packed together like back in Armada?
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers

#4720 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

I just opened up my Prime gun and took the spring out.

Arms Micron? Not sure. I'm not too big on those anyway, even though I own 2 of them (Skywarp and Terrorcon Cliffy). I keep them on the pegs to be honest.

#4721 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

I'm not a big fan of the TF Prime but I saw a Bulkhead and I got him from TRU. A guy had picked him up, but later put him back. I got out of line and went back to the shelf and got him. I never had a Bulkhead figure so what the heck, why not?
Posted Image

#4722 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

You'll here majority of people who collect prefer the First Edition one. But for $20 or so, that RiD one isn't bad IMO.

#4723 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

when does MP Optimus prime come out... I want that "no matter the cost."
Posted Image

#4724 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

I was browsing BBTS and saw a pre-order up for the MP Sideswipe/Red Alert. I might have to pick one up since I had the original Red Alert when I was a kid. The frontend looks a little out of proportion to the rest of it though.

#4725 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

when does MP Optimus prime come out... I want that "no matter the cost."

Takara version already out. If you are talking Hasbro/US version, no official date yet.

#4726 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

Takara version already out. If you are talking Hasbro/US version, no official date yet.

I was talking about the US version. The US version will be cheaper than the Takara import version (i'm guessing).
Posted Image

#4727 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:30 AM

20% TRU coupon for rewards members. Can't use on video games so use on Transformers :)

#4728 demonchylde

demonchylde

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

20% TRU coupon for rewards members. Can't use on video games so use on Transformers :)

I used mine on Legos, but I did manage to find Voyager Bulkhead and Starscream so it was an expensive day for me. :)

#4729 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

I used mine on Legos, but I did manage to find Voyager Bulkhead and Starscream so it was an expensive day for me. :)

Hopefully some of that expense was for the boy's BDay :D:D

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#4730 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

It's insane that the newest waves are still next to impossible to find (at least around me). I picked up Legion Commander Ironhide and Voyager Bulkhead the one and only time I saw them. Haven't seen a damned thing other than Wave 1 Prime figs and tons of DotM since...

#4731 Watchman

Watchman

BC2 Medic/God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:22 PM

20% off at TRU isn't much at all--in fact I noticed my local TRU increased their price of the Voyagers from $19.99 to $26.99, which I have to say in the words of Jem: "truly outrageous"--and not in a good way.
So if I take that 20%, basically I'm getting a little more than $5 off, bringing them back down to the price everyone else is charging, $20. Add CA tax in my case, and that's putting $2.50 back on in the end. No dice.

On the upside, I did find both my Targets here restocked with the new waves--Arcees, Hot Shots, Ratchets and Knockouts abound, in addition to all the new minis (though I despise that Mirage: red, AND a sports car? Please no thank you.); best of all, I scored Bulkhead for the aforementioned $20.

I do have to say though that I really like Hot Shot, even if he's a repaint, because his color scheme is so...Tracks-like, which I love. Plus I dig the little touch they did with his face visor/goggles--really makes his face stand out.
"Ohh! Kitty got wet!" --Nathan Drake, Uncharted 2

#4732 Watchman

Watchman

BC2 Medic/God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

Oh also, I forgot to mention I spotted this stocked in my Target yesterday:
Posted Image

Whoops! Guess Hasbro didn't get the memo the new movie's been pushed back to 2013. Good luck turning a profit this quarter guys!
"Ohh! Kitty got wet!" --Nathan Drake, Uncharted 2

#4733 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:38 AM

Whoops! Guess Hasbro didn't get the memo the new movie's been pushed back to 2013. Good luck turning a profit this quarter guys!

Hasbro gave stores the option to return the product. A lot of Wal-Marts did, Target and K-Mart decided to keep it. Stores have had this product on-hand for weeks before the announcement of the movie getting pushed back, so it wasn't like Hasbro knew and shipped stores the product anyways. They got screwed over just as much as the stores did.

From what I've heard, it is selling pretty well across the board because people are picking it up thinking it is rare and scalpers are scalping it. For your Target to have that much product either means they just stocked it (which means they are behind on their resets) or Joe stuff just doesn't in your area. In my area, people were buying the stuff by the cart on the 28th.

Waves 2 and beyond have been pushed back to 2013 though.

They'll turn a profit from Avengers figures though -- those 6" figures are selling so fast Wal-Mart cannot keep them in-stock for more than a day at the most, as people just buy the entire cases.

#4734 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:17 AM

I got vehicon, hotshot and knockout and the small starscream the other day. How much are the deluxes
at target they were Like $12 at Walmart.
Smile

#4735 demonchylde

demonchylde

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:58 PM

Hopefully some of that expense was for the boy's BDay :D:D

Nah, screw the kid. :D

Joking. We already picked up a ton of stuff for his 4th birthday and gave it to him too. He's already managed to destroy 100% of the Lego models I built from his new stuff, and my wife gave away the Playskool Heros Transformers I bought for him to another kid. Those looked pretty cool and he was excited, until I showed him the "scary" (his words) TF Prime show. Oh well.

There's still time to convert him. His older sister seems to dig TF as much as Lego, so I did good there. :)

While I'm on the topic of Playskool Heroes, WTF is the deal with the Optimus Prime firehouse??? That make sense to anyone else?

#4736 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:58 AM

I got to get to some stores tomorrow and try to pick up a Vehicon. People were talking about troop building Vehicon... I ended up buying two Arcees, because I wanted see if one could ride the other... didn't happen... but they look awesome together as twins. gave one two guns and the other two blades.

Edited by Thomas96, 10 June 2012 - 05:08 AM.

Posted Image

#4737 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:28 AM

Oh also, I forgot to mention I spotted this stocked in my Target yesterday:
Posted Image

Only good figures in the set are Red Ninja, Zartan, and the GI Joe Trooper... Cobra Commander and Cobra Trooper lack good leg/foot articulation :( The vehicle pilots suck too.

I'm trying to get my hands on one more tan-cloak GI Joe Trooper still, but after that I'm done until the SDCC exclusives. Hasbro dropped the ball this year for GI Joe collectors, it sucks. Can't say I liked most of the movie waves, but there were a few figures I would have liked to purchase... but eh, more money for Marvel figures.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#4738 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:58 AM

I found a Vehicon at Walmart.
Posted Image

#4739 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

After weeks of fruitless searching I found two vehicons this morning at Walmart. They are up for trade. I am looking for lego minifigures - specifically any series 1 - 3, Marvel and DC figures

#4740 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

^^^^

LOL, you search weeks and finally find them....just to trade them. There is some sad Transformer collector who is mad at you right now :D

Future case (forgot which wave..4?) is going to have 2 Vehicons in it, the window to move that for a profit is shrinking.