Photo
- - - - -

Transformers Toys - Deals & Discussion

Transformers Autobot Deception Beast Wars Optimus Prime Megatron Hasbro Takara SDCC Botcon

• Please log in to reply
5809 replies to this topic

#31 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2006 - 07:36 PM

Has anyone gotten theirs yet? When I ordered mine, it was for a preorder and now TRU emailed me saying they're not sure when they'll get any in...

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#32 cleaver

cleaver

You have 0 friends

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:09 PM

Same here, did anyone's ship?
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#33 OpTiMaL

OpTiMaL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:46 PM

Anyone received theirs yet?

#34 Michaellvortega

Michaellvortega

Halo 3 is coming........

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:17 AM

Did this canceled? You cant even look at it on the website. Some guy on Ebay says he has them and is selling them for $75 but has no pics.
DISCLAIMER:These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Posted Image

#35 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:02 PM

Damn, I want this SOOOOO bad. I just got 2 of the Optimus Prime 20th anniversary super deluxe talking figures for $60 apiece.

I also got the 20th anniversary Starscream, Hot Rod, and Mirage figures, but they are totally different from the originals.

Now I notice Jetfire and Grimlock on the back of that box for Soundwave (along with Mirage). When did those release???

Has anyone picked up this figure? I haven't seen it at any TRU's and I've been checking them out almost daily the last 2 weeks because of their big clearance on games.

#36 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:24 PM

nothing yet. Not sure what went wrong here.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#37 coltyhuxx

coltyhuxx

NoOtherValDudeCanTouchMe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:00 PM

God damn it if I don't get this one I am 0/3 out of my last three attempts to score cool shit on CAG!

God... it's me <points finger upward> are you listening!??!

#38 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:16 AM

Speaking of awesome Transformers, have you guys seen these?

http://www.tfw2005.c...splay.php?f=109

Part of a semi new line that are homages to the G1 sculpt... I got lucky and found a Grimlock tonight (out of 35 or so figures on the pegs) and the thing is AMAZING, just take a look at it in the link above.

I also really liked (but didn't buy) Starscream and Bumblebee as well. Grimlock was one of those figures I've wanted for a long time, and now I got i've true Grimlock that's an awesome homage to the original.

Now if Soundwave ever came out, all I'd really need left is Blaster...

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#39 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:19 AM

Yes, those are awesome. I got Optimus and I want to get the Optimus vs Megatron pack as well as Grimlock and Starscream.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#40 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:22 AM

Yes, those are awesome. I got Optimus and I want to get the Optimus vs Megatron pack as well as Grimlock.

Yea, I definitely want that Optimus vs Megatron pack too.

Grimlock is definitely awesome, I had to search racks upon racks and finally found the only one there. I debated it for a minute, and I was like "Well, what the Fuck, it's Grimlock, I may never see another one".

It's sad to think that Wave 3 is just two repaints (Cliffjumper and a robot who I forget who is a Starscream repaint) because this line has infinite possibilities. Just the fact they finally made a G2 Megatron, a Bumblebee, and a Grimlock is awesome.

I usually don't get many TF toys, all I really have so far is -

Unicron
Sealed 20th Anniversary Prime
Sealed G1 Re-release Prime
Sealed G1 Re-release Starscream
Cybertron Starscream
Sealed G1 Re-release Hot Rod

And then some random misc. toys, like an alternator and some cybertron stuff. I think I've also got Scourge somewhere in a box in my garage (that one was badass).

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#41 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:35 AM

Grimlock is definitely awesome, I had to search racks upon racks and finally found the only one there. I debated it for a minute, and I was like "Well, what the Fuck, it's Grimlock, I may never see another one".

It's sad to think that Wave 3 is just two repaints (Cliffjumper and a robot who I forget who is a Starscream repaint) because this line has infinite possibilities. Just the fact they finally made a G2 Megatron, a Bumblebee, and a Grimlock is awesome.

I usually don't get many TF toys, all I really have so far is -

Unicron
Sealed 20th Anniversary Prime
Sealed G1 Re-release Prime
Sealed G1 Re-release Starscream
Cybertron Starscream
Sealed G1 Re-release Hot Rod

And then some random misc. toys, like an alternator and some cybertron stuff. I think I've also got Scourge somewhere in a box in my garage (that one was badass).

Have you seen any pics to wave 3 yet?

I also got just a few. Sealed G1 re-release Prime (japanese I think) and the 20th anniversary prime from last year or so. I love the alternator series. I got Grimlock, Optimus Prime (red dodge ram) and Nemesis Prime (black dodge Ram *Thanks Ma12kez :D)

Posted Image
(Grimlock as a 2005 Mustang)

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#42 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:40 AM

Not yet, and I've only heard of those two figures being the only one in the wave. Apparently, at Botcon 2006 alot of ideas were tossed around and they mentioned figures they'd like to do (Jazz was one of them) but with the movie coming out, it seems Hasbro is just going to focus on that.

That Nemesis Prime is awesome by the way... it's an SDCC exclusive apparently so it's a bit pricey for me ;)

I never even knew they made an Optimus Prime alternator... is it still easy to be found? I always see stacks of alternators at my Wal-Mart's but it's always the really early figures.

I've got Smokescreen and kind of lost interest in the line.

Posted Image

#43 oxidative

oxidative

last chance to evacuate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:43 AM

The OP alt isn't too hard to find if you keep you eyes peeled. They move quickly but not instantly from the shelves. You'll find it in the newer fishbowl packaging. It's a bright red truck so it's hard to miss ;)

#44 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:46 AM

The OP alt isn't too hard to find if you keep you eyes peeled. They move quickly but not instantly from the shelves. You'll find it in the newer fishbowl packaging. It's a bright red truck so it's hard to miss ;)

Pics of the new packaging? Like I said, all I ever see is tons of old school packaging. I bought Smokescreen but never opened him, to be honest I wasn't really that impressed with him and never did get around to returning it.

Looking through the list they definitely got alot better as they went on... Dead End, Shockblast, Wheeljack, Jazz, Optimus Prime... those ones look awesome.

Posted Image

#45 oxidative

oxidative

last chance to evacuate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:49 AM

Pics of the new packaging? Like I said, all I ever see is tons of old school packaging. I bought Smokescreen but never opened him, to be honest I wasn't really that impressed with him and never did get around to returning it.

Looking through the list they definitely got alot better as they went on... Dead End, Shockblast, Wheeljack, Jazz, Optimus Prime... those ones look awesome.

Mirage is out there also. It's a Ford GT and pretty kick ass.

Sample pic of new packaging:

Posted Image

On this coast, Target, Walmart, K-mart, TRU and Fred Meyer are your best bet for Transformers. I'm not sure what the case is for Florida.

#46 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:50 AM

Hey that is pretty bad ass... alot better than Smokescreen, I'll tell you that much ;)

It seems the line got pretty awesome as time went on.

Is Mirage / Grimlock / Wheeljack / Shockblast still in stores, or did I miss the boat? I see most of them came out in 2005...

Posted Image

#47 oxidative

oxidative

last chance to evacuate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:53 AM

Hey that is pretty bad ass... alot better than Smokescreen, I'll tell you that much ;)

It seems the line got pretty awesome as time went on.

Is Mirage / Grimlock / Wheeljack / Shockblast still in stores, or did I miss the boat? I see most of them came out in 2005...

You missed that boat. Shockblast is pretty awesome in my opinion.

Here is a site that will give you an idea of what's available currently. Alternators are on to "Assortment 2" (newer packaging), so check that out:

http://www.tfarchive...tech.php#alter2

#48 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:56 AM

You missed that boat. Shockblast is pretty awesome in my opinion.

Here is a site that will give you an idea of what's available currently. Alternators are on to "Assortment 2" (newer packaging), so check that out:

http://www.tfarchive...tech.php#alter2

Ah, no biggie, at least I still have a shot at OP.

Thanks a ton!

Between this Grimlock I bought tonight, this Optimus Prime, and if they ever bring out this Soundwave, I'll be doing pretty good for TF figures.

Posted Image

#49 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:10 AM

That Nemesis Prime is awesome by the way... it's an SDCC exclusive apparently so it's a bit pricey for me ;)

I never even knew they made an Optimus Prime alternator... is it still easy to be found? I always see stacks of alternators at my Wal-Mart's but it's always the really early figures.

I've got Smokescreen and kind of lost interest in the line.

Those Alternators are freaking AWESOME. If you have a Fry's near you Roufuss, that's your best bet. They actually have a TON of Transformers, from the 20th anniversary Optimus Prime to the "Classics" and the Alternators. They had them all on sale a couple of weeks before Christmas. I've also seen them at various Targets. Toys R Us is not a good place to check, unless it is a ghetto store.

I still have about 90% of the original G1 figures released in the US. Unfortunately, somewhere along the line I got all the empty boxes tossed out tragically, along with most of the papers/documents/techspecs. And I used to keep them all meticulously. Don't know what happened to them, but my dad threw out all the empty boxes for my Transformers, Robotech, Godaikins, Japanese robots, GI Joe, etc.

One of these days I'm just going to buy a complete collection of the Japanese re-release figures they put out a few years back. It sucks that we can't get a decent Megatron in the US due to the close resemblance to a gun. The original is an amazing replica of the Walter P38. Glad I still have mine.

#50 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:27 AM

Do the tru stores carry the soundwave or was it just available online? Is their place that I still can get it?

#51 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:33 AM

I saw a ton of the Optimus Prime Dodge Ram right before X-Mas so I'm sure it wont be too hard to find if you keep an eye out. Nemesis Prime was a repaint of Optimus:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Here's a better Grimlock Pic as well:

Posted Image

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#52 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:30 AM

Ramjet is going to be released as a repainted Starscream. His head is different. But he look 90% the same.

#53 Ziv_Zulander

Ziv_Zulander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:49 AM

90% is being kind of harsh. Especially when you compare the two...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Damn good remold if you ask me :-)

I encourage everybody to support the Classics line as much as you can, we've still got Devastator, Cliffjumper, Ramjet, and the second wave of mini-cons to look forward to.

#54 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:09 PM

Looks like Target will be having a Classics Exclusive:

Posted Image

Ultra Magnus vs Skywarp

Found at this eBay auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=120072551627 seller is in Hong Kong but I don't know if they even have Target's there or if they do it will most likely come here too. Keep an eye out.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#55 Ziv_Zulander

Ziv_Zulander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:53 PM

Since the TFs are made in China, places like Hong Kong and Singapore are always quick to get them before the US and Japan does. The "release" date for the set is March, but stuff is known to come out early.

#56 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:11 AM

I read Dave's Transformer Page -- he does reviews of Transformers -- and this double pack doesn't sound so hot. Here's the link to his page and here's the link to this review. Summary: Megatron's OK and Prime is awful. I won't be buying it.

I buy most of the new Transformers, but I don't want to buy everything, so if something is awful I just don't bother. So far, I've been really happy with the new Classic line and the Alternators.

Roufuss, definitely try to find Mirage. Awesomeness all around. Alternators Optimus Prime is okay, but not the best. The bumpers keep falling off mine.

You might get lucky at Target -- I picked up Meister on clearance for $14. They're also clearancing the 6 inch Titaniums. Of these, Scourge, Jetfire, and Thundercracker are worthwhile (Optimus Prime and Megatron are awful).
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#57 Ziv_Zulander

Ziv_Zulander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:24 AM

Yeah, the Ops x Megs pack isn't so hot, especially when you compare it to the other figures in that line. Optimus got the good robot mode and Megatron got the good alt mode.

Someone should start a TF Toy topic in the OT forum.

#58 cag1000

cag1000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:25 AM

I'll be grabbing the magnus skywarp Target exclusive.

Everyone should keep this thread going on new releases and news. I'm here more than the forums at www.tfw2005.com

#59 coltyhuxx

coltyhuxx

NoOtherValDudeCanTouchMe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:56 PM

Uh, aren't these supposed to be in our hands by now? What went wrong?

#60 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:18 PM

Uh, aren't these supposed to be in our hands by now? What went wrong?

Toys R Us is a shitty company that should never be given an exclusive.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Transformers, Autobot, Deception, Beast Wars, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Hasbro, Takara, SDCC, Botcon