Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Transformers Toys - Deals & Discussion

Transformers Autobot Deception Beast Wars Optimus Prime Megatron Hasbro Takara SDCC Botcon

• Please log in to reply
5927 replies to this topic

#2761 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:52 AM

That's a great looking shockwave render. I really hope they come out with a fig that looks some where close to looking that good. The shockblast figure looks somewhere in the neighborhood of that minus his huge gun hand.

#2762 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

That Shockwave looks amazing, but of course, being a diehard G1 fan, hopefully they will reverse the arms so his blaster arm is his left not his right :lol:

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#2763 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:29 PM

i found a MP SKywarp at Walmart!!!!!!!!!!! I had the hardest time, trying to get his head to go into Jet Mode... it was crazy. There's still about 3 more at the Walmart in North Miami, back wall clearance shelf. The Skywarp that I bought was labled 25, rung up as 30, but the staff gave it to me for 25 (not 30).

edit: alo picked up hardhead for 15 dollars. Twas a good day indeed.

Edited by Thomas96, 13 February 2010 - 09:57 PM.

Posted Image

#2764 177adjen17

177adjen17

wishing i had Remy's toys

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:21 PM

found bludgeon @ WM :)

currently playing - :psp: : TDR; Fate/Stay UC; :ps3: : Naruto UNS3; Assassins Creed IV :drool:

Eiken.gif huh,u say something?ohaegyo.gif~Oh~Run~ :evil:~ :evil:~Run~Run~ :whee:

#2765 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:53 PM

Toyfair is tomorrow, but the TFCC has pics up in the member exclusive area. You didn't hear this from me, but they're also up on /toys... Again, I never told you this! :D

Most look pretty cool, though I don't like how the new Power Core Combiners 5 pack gestalts are essentially Energon Prime (1 transforming core, and 4 vehicle/limb drones), especially when Legends Devy is so damned nice and each fig there has all 3 modes. Oh well, I'll still buy em.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#2766 MrSneis

MrSneis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:27 AM

Wow Masterpiece skywarp like crazy at my local Wal-mart (Tempe AZ). I picked one up! They weren't stocked in the Transformers area, it was the "clearance" area.
Virtual Hydlide, Bad Dudes

#2767 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:33 AM

Damn it, no go at my ghetto Walmart on Skywarp. They had a huge endcap full of the things at $60, now they are nowhere to be found. Anyone got an extra to spare? Lemme know how much, if so, shipped to L.A. Thanks!

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#2768 Ziv_Zulander

Ziv_Zulander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:09 PM

Yay to Masterpiece Grimlock coming with the crown. Boo-urns to it being a TRU exclusive.

#2769 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:25 PM

Yay to Masterpiece Grimlock coming with the crown. Boo-urns to it being a TRU exclusive.

So its getting a US release finally?!?!

At least its not a Walmart exclusive... Then again, ToysRUs is just about as bad as them as far as distribution goes.

#2770 Ziv_Zulander

Ziv_Zulander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:26 PM

I'm more scared about the price than anything, Starscream was $50, Skywarp was $60, and Grimlock being more fancy will probably cost $70. For $70 I can get a Soul of Chogokin.

#2771 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:29 PM

I'm more scared about the price than anything, Starscream was $50, Skywarp was $60, and Grimlock being more fancy will probably cost $70. For $70 I can get a Soul of Chogokin.

That is true, as any Lego fan can tell you, TRU gouges the SHIT out of their prices.

#2772 Ziv_Zulander

Ziv_Zulander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:32 PM

If it's at the $60 price tag I can justify buying it. I spent $50 on Starscream and totally regret selling him, hell I even regret selling my DVD Masterpiece Prime.

#2773 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:40 PM

is it possible to get a masterpiece thundercracker from any where?
Posted Image

#2774 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:36 PM

So the only way to see the picture of Masterpiece Grimlock is to be a FT Club member? Damn, I want to see....hopefully he's released soon. And he's going to be TRU exclusive?

#2775 techstar25

techstar25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

So the only way to see the picture of Masterpiece Grimlock is to be a FT Club member? Damn, I want to see....hopefully he's released soon. And he's going to be TRU exclusive?

There are a bunch of links here:
http://transformersl...s-info-and.html
This is the page with the photo of Grimlock:
http://tformers.com/...13062/news.html
It looks like it will be the "King Grimlock" figure that is release here in the states:
http://www.toywizard...-king-grimlock/

#2776 177adjen17

177adjen17

wishing i had Remy's toys

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

new combiners:
aerialbots

combaticons

Transformers: Generations. This line is sort of like the Universe - part 3

wobble

vid

currently playing - :psp: : TDR; Fate/Stay UC; :ps3: : Naruto UNS3; Assassins Creed IV :drool:

Eiken.gif huh,u say something?ohaegyo.gif~Oh~Run~ :evil:~ :evil:~Run~Run~ :whee:

#2777 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:12 PM

Only fig I care for is mainly DRIFT and that's it from the new stuff.

#2778 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:19 PM

Most look pretty cool, though I don't like how the new Power Core Combiners 5 pack gestalts are essentially Energon Prime (1 transforming core, and 4 vehicle/limb drones), especially when Legends Devy is so damned nice and each fig there has all 3 modes. Oh well, I'll still buy em.

One thing that's nicer than the Energon Prime combiners is that they don't have the dorky "hands" and "feet", which also happen to be dorky looking "weapons". Besides cluttering up the vehicles, they were a pain.

These look nice without them. So long as they're also a little more stable than the Energon combiners, I'm happy.

Thanks for the pics, Jen!

And yeah, Drift does look very nice.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#2779 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:26 PM

One thing that's nicer than the Energon Prime combiners is that they don't have the dorky "hands" and "feet", which also happen to be dorky looking "weapons". Besides cluttering up the vehicles, they were a pain.

These look nice without them. So long as they're also a little more stable than the Energon combiners, I'm happy.

Thanks for the pics, Jen!

And yeah, Drift does look very nice.

I'm talking Energon Prime, how his power up mode was just his drones attaching to his limbs. The Energon Combiner teams were actually pretty good imho, though I agree with your assessment of the "hands" and "feet". Bruticus did a decent job (the hellicopter weapons in particular were pretty good hands), but Devestator and Superion pretty craptastic hands and feet.

All told, decent Toy Fair this year. Gonna be another expensive year...
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers

#2780 Thedrknss48

Thedrknss48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:03 AM

is it possible to get a masterpiece thundercracker from any where?

There is no word on an MP Thundercracker, but I'm still hoping they'll release him. Maybe he'll be the Wal-Mart exclusive? Two MPs in one year would be phenomenal, but would also be death of our wallets!

I'd prefer a US release because Hasbro usually makes them more G1 accurate with the stripes on the wings. They'd probably fix that banana nipples issue that the Takara version had.

#2781 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:40 AM

new combiners:
aerialbots

combaticons

Transformers: Generations. This line is sort of like the Universe - part 3

wobble

vid

Thanks for the post, the Thrust figure is pretty good. I think I would pick that up if I saw it on the shelf. And while I appreciate the new combiners how is it that the original G1 combiner sets still look so much cooler? I dunno maybe I'm just old.

The Darkmount figure from the link someone posted also looks great. I didn't read the comic books growing up but I don't care I don't know who the character is. The mold from the little picture makes it look like a really nice fig.

#2782 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:08 PM

And while I appreciate the new combiners how is it that the original G1 combiner sets still look so much cooler? I dunno maybe I'm just old.

That makes 2 of us. I don't get it. If Beast Wars and Car Robots/RID could get combiners right, why can't they now?

The Darkmount figure from the link someone posted also looks great. I didn't read the comic books growing up but I don't care I don't know who the character is. The mold from the little picture makes it look like a really nice fig.

From the Marvel UK comics anyway, not that I read any of the TF comics.

#2783 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:19 PM

More pics of War For Cybertron figures:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also, some of what's already posted a few posts up and a little more:
http://www.superhero...formers/?page=1

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#2784 DjHero_X

DjHero_X

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:27 PM

I saw somewhere on here that Leo Prime was like 4.86.. Anyone know want store it was?

#2785 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:35 PM

I saw somewhere on here that Leo Prime was like 4.86.. Anyone know want store it was?

Target, although all the stores around me are still at $9.98, so YMMV.

My local Target also has clearanced the remaining animated figures.

Posted Image

#2786 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:21 AM

There is no word on an MP Thundercracker, but I'm still hoping they'll release him. Maybe he'll be the Wal-Mart exclusive? Two MPs in one year would be phenomenal, but would also be death of our wallets!

I'd prefer a US release because Hasbro usually makes them more G1 accurate with the stripes on the wings. They'd probably fix that banana nipples issue that the Takara version had.

thanks! I was under the impression that he was released and I had missed it. If they released the other two then they have to release the 3rd...so that people can have the set. I definitely want to add Thundercracker to my collection.
Posted Image

#2787 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:02 PM

More pics of War For Cybertron figures:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also, some of what's already posted a few posts up and a little more:
http://www.superhero...formers/?page=1

Gotta love Hasbro's paintshop department.

#2788 n10zguy

n10zguy

Da Hawt Gay Geek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:15 PM

If they released the other two then they have to release the 3rd...so that people can have the set.

I dont really see the logic there. Of the 3 original seekers, Hasbro only released Starscream and Skywarp in the Classics line. The only way for you to get Thundercracker would have been to get the Botcon exclusive or the Japanese Gentei exclusive. And considering the fact that MP Skywarp is now being discounted to $15 at a lot of Wal-marts (I found 30+ last night at 3 Wal-marts), coupled with the fact that MP Grimlock will be a TRU exclusive, I doubt Hasbro will be doing any more Masterpiece figures for a while.

#2789 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:00 PM

Can anyone tell me what is special about the Masterpiece figures especially the skywarp one. I did not pick him up when I saw it, but if it is something special I would buy it for my son.
Smile

#2790 MrSneis

MrSneis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:48 PM

I dont really see the logic there. Of the 3 original seekers, Hasbro only released Starscream and Skywarp in the Classics line. The only way for you to get Thundercracker would have been to get the Botcon exclusive or the Japanese Gentei exclusive. And considering the fact that MP Skywarp is now being discounted to $15 at a lot of Wal-marts (I found 30+ last night at 3 Wal-marts), coupled with the fact that MP Grimlock will be a TRU exclusive, I doubt Hasbro will be doing any more Masterpiece figures for a while.

$15?? Can anyone confirm this?
Virtual Hydlide, Bad Dudes