Photo
- - - - -

Transformers Toys - Deals & Discussion

Transformers Autobot Deception Beast Wars Optimus Prime Megatron Hasbro Takara SDCC Botcon

• Please log in to reply
5610 replies to this topic

#2791 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:11 PM

$30 two days ago for me. Not many stores around have any left from that price drop.

Posted Image

#2792 Ziv_Zulander

Ziv_Zulander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:16 PM

There were quite a few for $15 at Wal Mart near me two days ago. Already got mine for $30 a week or two ago though :-(.

Anybody got a Masterpiece Starscream for sale?

#2793 n10zguy

n10zguy

Da Hawt Gay Geek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:44 PM

$15?? Can anyone confirm this?

Actually a friend of mine from the TFCC boards picked up 12 of them 2 days ago for $5 each at his local Wal-mart. Lucky bastard!

#2794 n10zguy

n10zguy

Da Hawt Gay Geek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:53 PM

Can anyone tell me what is special about the Masterpiece figures especially the skywarp one. I did not pick him up when I saw it, but if it is something special I would buy it for my son.

The MP figures are really only special to 2 types of people: Collectors and people who grew up with Transformers in the 80's. All of the MP series figures are older characters who have received a major overhaul to their figure mold to give them a better (in some cases a more cartoon/comic book accurate) look. Skywarp is special because he was one of the 3 Seekers which also included Starscream (released as a Masterpiece figure 3 years ago) and Thundercracker (only released as a Masterpiece figure in Japan). all 3 have the same basic mold with different color schemes.

#2795 177adjen17

177adjen17

wishing i had Remy's toys

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:04 PM

alternity starscream and skywarp

currently playing - :psp: : TDR; Fate/Stay UC; :ps3: : Naruto UNS3; Assassins Creed IV :drool:

Eiken.gif huh,u say something?ohaegyo.gif~Oh~Run~ :evil:~ :evil:~Run~Run~ :whee:

#2796 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:27 PM

I dont really see the logic there. Of the 3 original seekers, Hasbro only released Starscream and Skywarp in the Classics line. The only way for you to get Thundercracker would have been to get the Botcon exclusive or the Japanese Gentei exclusive. And considering the fact that MP Skywarp is now being discounted to $15 at a lot of Wal-marts (I found 30+ last night at 3 Wal-marts), coupled with the fact that MP Grimlock will be a TRU exclusive, I doubt Hasbro will be doing any more Masterpiece figures for a while.

I don't know how Hasbro does things but as a Thundercracker fan.... you know I'd just like to have an opportunity to purchase his masterpiece figure. I figure if there are three jets that you have, then why not release the third (in retail stores) so that people can have all three of the "seekers"
Posted Image

#2797 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:26 PM

alternity starscream and skywarp

Not really feeling the car mode but that robot mode is insane!

#2798 n10zguy

n10zguy

Da Hawt Gay Geek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:08 PM

I don't know how Hasbro does things but as a Thundercracker fan.... you know I'd just like to have an opportunity to purchase his masterpiece figure. I figure if there are three jets that you have, then why not release the third (in retail stores) so that people can have all three of the "seekers"

Because Hasbro isn't interested in collector's getting "all" of anything. If they were then we would have gotten Sunstorm in stead of Acid Storm in the Universe 2.0 line. I mean they released Ramjet in the Classics line and they will be releasing Thrust in the new Generations line, but still no sign of a Dirge. You still have to rely on the Japanese or Botcon exclusives for that one.

#2799 n10zguy

n10zguy

Da Hawt Gay Geek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:10 PM

Not really feeling the car mode but that robot mode is insane!

See I love that figure up and down and all around. Bot mode and Alt. I even pre-ordered extras to repaint into T-Cracker and Sunstorm.

#2800 equest943

equest943

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:32 PM

What the Fuck is up with that cheshire cat front? Orochi cars are ugly as hell, but I do agree that the robot modes look sick.

#2801 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:24 AM

Because Hasbro isn't interested in collector's getting "all" of anything. If they were then we would have gotten Sunstorm in stead of Acid Storm in the Universe 2.0 line. I mean they released Ramjet in the Classics line and they will be releasing Thrust in the new Generations line, but still no sign of a Dirge. You still have to rely on the Japanese or Botcon exclusives for that one.

my friend is in Japan... if I wanted her to pick something up to me... where would I have her go?
Posted Image

#2802 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:29 AM

has there ever been a Dodge Charger Transformer?!!! I'd love to have one
Posted Image

#2803 weevles

weevles

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:44 AM

Yes, it was a police car from the first live action movie. I forget the name.

Edit: No, I take that back, it was a Saleen Mustang--name was Barricade.

#2804 n10zguy

n10zguy

Da Hawt Gay Geek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:01 AM

my friend is in Japan... if I wanted her to pick something up to me... where would I have her go?

Well anything that's currently out she can pick up at Toys R Us. For the harder stuff she should be able to pick up in any toy shop in Akihabara.

#2805 n10zguy

n10zguy

Da Hawt Gay Geek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:13 AM

The only models of Dodge used for Transformers were the Dodge Viper (Alternators Sidewipe/Sunstreaker/Dead End) and Dodge Ram SRT-10 (Alternators Optimus Prime/Nemesis Prime)

If you are referring to the latests models of Charger then your closest bet will be the ones modeled after the Ford Mustang (Altmernators Grimlock and Wheeljack). If you are referring to the older model of Chargers (i.e. General Lee) then your best bet would be Cybertron Downshift or it's repaint Wal-mart exclusive Movie Big Daddy.

#2806 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:49 PM

Yes, it was a police car from the first live action movie. I forget the name.

Edit: No, I take that back, it was a Saleen Mustang--name was Barricade.

thanks, when I first saw Barricade I kept thinking that was a charger.

Well anything that's currently out she can pick up at Toys R Us. For the harder stuff she should be able to pick up in any toy shop in Akihabara.

The only models of Dodge used for Transformers were the Dodge Viper (Alternators Sidewipe/Sunstreaker/Dead End) and Dodge Ram SRT-10 (Alternators Optimus Prime/Nemesis Prime)

If you are referring to the latests models of Charger then your closest bet will be the ones modeled after the Ford Mustang (Altmernators Grimlock and Wheeljack). If you are referring to the older model of Chargers (i.e. General Lee) then your best bet would be Cybertron Downshift or it's repaint Wal-mart exclusive Movie Big Daddy.

thanks
Posted Image

#2807 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:42 PM

Found Brawn, Lockdown, Ratchet, and Mindwipe at Target last night. Target is currently having a sale with Deluxes at 9.99 and Voyagers at 19.99. Just in time for the new guys.

Still batting zero at TRU, even though they just moved all their shelves. Of course their last exclusive -- the Fallen 3 pack -- there's bazillions of them and they're now on clearance (for 39.99). I hate TRU.

Local Wal-Marts have Supreme Devestator at 64.64 and no sign of Legends Devestator.

Brawn is pretty awesome!
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#2808 n10zguy

n10zguy

Da Hawt Gay Geek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:32 AM

Found Brawn, Lockdown, Ratchet, and Mindwipe at Target last night. Target is currently having a sale with Deluxes at 9.99 and Voyagers at 19.99. Just in time for the new guys.

Still batting zero at TRU, even though they just moved all their shelves. Of course their last exclusive -- the Fallen 3 pack -- there's bazillions of them and they're now on clearance (for 39.99). I hate TRU.

Local Wal-Marts have Supreme Devestator at 64.64 and no sign of Legends Devestator.

Brawn is pretty awesome!

UGH! I hate you! I have all the new movie waves EXCEPT the 4 deluxes. I cant find them anywheres. 8(

#2809 Nathan_Sama

Nathan_Sama

I'm backwards compatable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:47 AM

Saw around 11 Masterpiece Skywarps at the Walmart in Summersville, WV.
They all rang up $30 though, I was hoping they would be $15

#2810 Watchman

Watchman

BC2 Medic/God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:45 PM

I am no fan of the RotF or any movie toy for that matter (because I just hate the films and what they did to the franchise), but I picked up the Bludgeon on sale at Target for $20. Seriously, what a badass look he has with the skull chestplate and face. The whole thing just screams "this is how you make a robot samurai".

That, and it's a real improvement over the original Pretender version (though I find it awesome someone in the design department stuck true to the original idea of his disguise), which I feel was the single most idiotic line the U.S. ever got.

I just wish SoCal TRU's actually carried the newer Animated line. Still have Jazz and Blitzwings sitting on their shelves if any at all... I want an Arcee!
"Ohh! Kitty got wet!" --Nathan Drake, Uncharted 2

#2811 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:01 AM

I found a couple of the Cybertronian Ratchets at one TRU (out of three so far) but somebody snatched the Arcee's already.

Lucked out last night and found a Masterpiece Skywarp behind a bunch of the big sets that are usually on the bottom shelves. Scanned for $15 so I bought it and then came back this morning to price adjust the one I bought this past Friday for $30. They're still $30 at the other Walmarts. I also picked up the Nest Bumblebee/Soundwave two-pack for $10 and an Onslaught for $11...again only one store had these prices. One drop I did notice at all the Walmarts I visited was the big $100 Devastator dropping to $65.

Also picked up a new Silverbolt at the local Goodwill as they got some left over clearance from Walmart...that place is worth a stop if you have one nearby.

Posted Image

#2812 fujishig

fujishig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:09 PM

The new Nest figures are pretty cool, though the Target "sale" really just brings them down to the pricepoint they should be, IMHO. I can't believe they jacked up the regular prices so much.

I like that Mindwipe (voyager) and skystalker (basic, which are not on sale) can "combine" in jet mode, which isn't even mentioned on the box or instructions. Also, that they took Lockdown from the Animated series, but still made him go after movie ratchet, with the ability to take his gun. I'm just sad that the new waves are much harder to find because of all the pegwarming early movie waves and recolors. I even picked up the new Voyager Ironhide because they redid all of his weapons, after passing on all versions of him after the first movie release.

#2813 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:35 PM

The new Nest figures are pretty cool, though the Target "sale" really just brings them down to the pricepoint they should be, IMHO. I can't believe they jacked up the regular prices so much.

I like that Mindwipe (voyager) and skystalker (basic, which are not on sale) can "combine" in jet mode, which isn't even mentioned on the box or instructions. Also, that they took Lockdown from the Animated series, but still made him go after movie ratchet, with the ability to take his gun. I'm just sad that the new waves are much harder to find because of all the pegwarming early movie waves and recolors. I even picked up the new Voyager Ironhide because they redid all of his weapons, after passing on all versions of him after the first movie release.

Yeah, I always hate this time of year. Shelfwarmers + overstock + inventory maintenance = clusterfuck for finding figs
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#2814 Ziv_Zulander

Ziv_Zulander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:38 AM

Now that deluxes are $12.46 at my local Wal-Mart it really just gets easier and easier to pass on things. I'm glad I didn't buy everything I saw for ROTF like I did with the first movie, I sold a ton of stuff at a decent loss. I will say that Mindwipe/Skystalker and Seaspray are pretty neat looking and might end up on my shelf.

#2815 Inferno-X

Inferno-X

DON'T TOUCH ME!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:49 PM

I have been reading threads on various TF forums of ebay scalpers walking out of TRU with BAGS full of Arcees. This really really irritates me. Don't give these people money if you can't find her. There will be a Japanese version of her soon that you can buy for about the same price of Ebay, maybe even less in some cases. It is what I've done. Here is a link for her at Big Bad Toy Store, $28.

http://www.bigbadtoy...028&mode=retail
Posted Image

#2816 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:56 AM

I have been reading threads on various TF forums of ebay scalpers walking out of TRU with BAGS full of Arcees. This really really irritates me. Don't give these people money if you can't find her. There will be a Japanese version of her soon that you can buy for about the same price of Ebay, maybe even less in some cases. It is what I've done. Here is a link for her at Big Bad Toy Store, $28.

http://www.bigbadtoy...028&mode=retail

Scalpers really do ruin any kind of toy collecting. There's 2 scalpers that regularly "shop" at my store and I've gone to great lengths to grief them. I'll take the toys I know they're going after and move them to the electronics desk. The reason I have time to do that is because they ALWAYS have returns to make first. What really bugs me is when those returns are clearanced way down. We absolutely will not place any clearance from them back out on the floor the same day because we were finding them just re-buying it right away.

#2817 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:08 AM

I have been reading threads on various TF forums of ebay scalpers walking out of TRU with BAGS full of Arcees. This really really irritates me. Don't give these people money if you can't find her. There will be a Japanese version of her soon that you can buy for about the same price of Ebay, maybe even less in some cases.

This irritates me, but it is also Hasbro's and TRU's fault. Arcee was going to be a high demand item, and yet neither one of them is treating it as such.

I have been in my local TRUs more times than I care to count. I always see the same things: The same four animated figures hanging lonely on a couple of pegs (Freeway Jazz and Electrostatic Soundwave, of course). Dozens of the Hoist/Mixmaster exclusive, dozens of the Nemesis 3 pack.

Arcee is not available on the TRU website.

Compare this to Target. When they have an exclusive, it appears on an endcap in quantity. Target doesn't hold on to them for very long, but if you go within a month, you'll find one. They then clearance anything that doesn't sell (unlike the TRU Universe Ultras which are still 29.99)

Now, I know that TRU does not want 100 Arcees pegwarming, but the way they have treated this, it was an invitation to scalpers. Their spotty, uneven distribution coupled with a total lack of putting product out on shelves invited scalpers to cash in.

How this helps everyday Transformer collectors or TRU shoppers is something I sure don't know. I'll pay BBTS or I'll simply wait. In either case, TRU doesn't get my money. Also, eventually I'll get really tired and resentful of TRU, which drives most of my business to Target, which is the opposite point of a store exclusive.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#2818 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:14 AM

This irritates me, but it is also Hasbro's and TRU's fault. Arcee was going to be a high demand item, and yet neither one of them is treating it as such.

I have been in my local TRUs more times than I care to count. I always see the same things: The same four animated figures hanging lonely on a couple of pegs (Freeway Jazz and Electrostatic Soundwave, of course). Dozens of the Hoist/Mixmaster exclusive, dozens of the Nemesis 3 pack.

Arcee is not available on the TRU website.

Compare this to Target. When they have an exclusive, it appears on an endcap in quantity. Target doesn't hold on to them for very long, but if you go within a month, you'll find one. They then clearance anything that doesn't sell (unlike the TRU Universe Ultras which are still 29.99)

Now, I know that TRU does not want 100 Arcees pegwarming, but the way they have treated this, it was an invitation to scalpers. Their spotty, uneven distribution coupled with a total lack of putting product out on shelves invited scalpers to cash in.

How this helps everyday Transformer collectors or TRU shoppers is something I sure don't know. I'll pay BBTS or I'll simply wait. In either case, TRU doesn't get my money. Also, eventually I'll get really tired and resentful of TRU, which drives most of my business to Target, which is the opposite point of a store exclusive.

That's a pretty fair assessment, can't wait to see what kind of debacle Masterpiece Grimlock will end up being...

#2819 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:00 PM

Stay out of my TRU! :D
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#2820 Watchman

Watchman

BC2 Medic/God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:31 PM

Stay out of my TRU! :D

Maybe we're ALL at the same TRU, because that's pretty much the breakdown on my store too.

And yet, here I go again to check once more.
"Ohh! Kitty got wet!" --Nathan Drake, Uncharted 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Transformers, Autobot, Deception, Beast Wars, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Hasbro, Takara, SDCC, Botcon