What happened to the 1600 MS points thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Is there a good reason why the True.com 1600 points thread got deleted? I would like to know if it turned out to be a scam or something so I can avoid it and warn others....

?Why? Sounds like I missed some drama.

Also sounds like I should probably expect this thread to be deleted.

Before that happens, someone please PM me what happened.

I was actually just looking for this thread - I read about it the other day, but didn't want to jump on it until I talked to the Mrs. and explained the scam deal so she wouldn't flip out. [The story/ question that Cheapy skipped over in this week's CAGcast was about the last blow-up]

Once I explained it to her and got her blessing, I was going to sign up tonight. Now the thread is gone. And the neogaf link doesn't answer any questions.

I'd hate to pull a "me too," but could someone PM me if they know what's up and if this is still worth trying? Thanks!

I signed up for this deal on 10/8 and cancelled the true.com service today. I never received the email they were sending the points so I e-mailed them and they claimed to of sent the e-mail but I never received it (Inbox or Junk). Either way I should be getting the points, we'll see.....

i emailed xbox achiever, they said my points were shipped out and my email must have been gone to my spam box...i cancelled true today as well..hopefully i'll be getting my points soon..i'll let you guys know if anything :)..if i forget, anyone who is really curious, please, PM me and i'll let you know if i got the points or not! good luck everyone!

Bump. It was 100% legit and worked for me. I got my points just fine, and had no charges to my credit card. If anybody knows anything, and cannot post it here, please send me a PM too. (Though, I'm assuming only Mods know why it's gone?)

I got mine too, no problems, no CC charges. I was also looking for the thread today, and poof it was gone.

I signed up, have yet to get my shipped notice, but thena gain, its only been 10 days, and they said 10-14 days.

I got my points about a week ago.

Never got the confirmation e-mail for some reason but luckily their support staff is very helpful and did everything they could to help me.

so you all actually got an email confirming shipping? I've been waiting for one. its been 10 days since the email saying it would take 10-14 days.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Interesting. So so far, nobody has any idea why the original thread was deleted. Very very strange.[/quote]

Has anyome tried asking Shipwreck or someone about it...?

[quote name='thwjustin']I signed up, have yet to get my shipped notice, but thena gain, its only been 10 days, and they said 10-14 days.[/quote]
Same here. I started the thread over at GAF and it seems like no one over there has received anthing. Hopefully I'll get something before Lumines Live--I was banking on getting it for free : (

It doesnt seem like they were expecting the # of responses that they got. I got my points the week doom was released. The envelope was hand written and had a form letter hand signed inside. They probably had to order more points, open them out of the package to cut down on shipping costs, and hire more people to handle the volume. Someone got in over their head but it definately wasnt a scam.

[quote name='Baylro']It doesnt seem like they were expecting the # of responses that they got. I got my points the week doom was released. The envelope was hand written and had a form letter hand signed inside. They probably had to order more points, open them out of the package to cut down on shipping costs, and hire more people to handle the volume. Someone got in over their head but it definately wasnt a scam.[/quote]
That would actually make sense.

Got mine no problem ditto on the handwritten envelope, except mine had a typed letter, no cc charge either, I liked my points alot

To the people that have received their cards, when did you sign up for the true.com promotion? Thanks!

Anyone have any thoughts on this deal right now? I wondering if it should be considered dead, or on life support. I might give it a try tonight, but I fear that I have waited too long...

[quote name='Doom5']To the people that have received their cards, when did you sign up for the true.com promotion? Thanks![/quote]

I personally don't remember what exact day I signed up, but I do know it took exactly ten days after signing up to receive my card. Of course, this was pretty early into the previous thread, so they may be having trouble getting them out now, as somebody else mentioned.

I tried signing up a couple days ago, and I got my confirmation email saying that my points were going to be shipped. I canceled my True account right then and there. So, apparently, the deal is still on in some form.

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']got my points , and no CC charges!!![/quote]'

If you signed up last week this is a good sign for me because I signed up two weeks ago.

Hello ,

Your Xbox 360 Marketplace Points Card has been shipped Today, you can
expect to recieve it in the mail in just a few days.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email.

Cheers,
~The Xbox360Achiever.com Support Team
Got this today.
Once my card is in hand I'll let you all know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back