Tales of Legendia - $24.99 used at Gamestop / EB

all i have to say that it still isn't worth that much....really disappointed after playing Tales of Symphonia

Damn, I wish I would have knew this before I left for the mall today, I've been waiting for a price drop. >_<

Anyway, thanks for posting, Roufuss!

Hmm, I loved Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Phantasia. I also played the original Tales of Destiny on PSX, and this looks like it shares more in common with that. Is Legendia really worth the money?

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Hmm, I loved Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Phantasia. I also played the original Tales of Destiny on PSX, and this looks like it shares more in common with that. Is Legendia really worth the money?[/QUOTE]
well the Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Phantasia people made Tales of the Abyss, I would get that instead.

I also loved Symphonia, and was eager to play Legendia pre-release. Though I refrained from purchasing it upon release due to the numerous average reviews. I was able to play through it a few weeks ago, and I'm glad I didn't purchase it, at least at it's original price.

The combat is definitely a step backward from Symphonia, and not nearly as fun. The same goes for pretty much the entire game (meaning storyline, voice acting, etc.). I would really only recommend the game to diehard Tales fans, and even then I would say wait until you're able to find it for $20 new.

30 new is still not cheap enough for me...19.99 is the magic price. Is it pretty hard to come by this game or something? I heard it wasn't too good...

Legendia's combat isn't that good, but the characters are top notch. I seem to be one of the few people who really liked the game, but I think a lot of people who bash it never played it. I was genuinely interested in the characters and what happened. Plot itself was decent, graphics were good except in-battle was kinda iffy, awesome music. I totally reccommend it, but again I seem to be in the minority.

But if you don't have this or Abyss, definetely get Abyss first, no question.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Legendia's combat isn't that good, but the characters are top notch. I seem to be one of the few people who really liked the game, but I think a lot of people who bash it never played it. I was genuinely interested in the characters and what happened. Plot itself was decent, graphics were good except in-battle was kinda iffy, awesome music. I totally reccommend it, but again I seem to be in the minority.

But if you don't have this or Abyss, definetely get Abyss first, no question.[/QUOTE]

True, I love the Tales series, but I prefer the combat of Symphonia or Abyss.

I bought this game when it came out expecting it would be at least half as good as Tales of Symphonia. I did not like it at all, it was very cliche, and the combat was mind-numbingly boring. May be worth it if you don't play many RPGs, but if you have alot of RPG experience ( and prefer turnbased with good storylines), you may want to steer clear of this one.

[quote name='Paris_Hilton_Groupie']I bought this game when it came out expecting it would be at least half as good as Tales of Symphonia. I did not like it at all, it was very cliche, and the combat was mind-numbingly boring. May be worth it if you don't play many RPGs, but if you have alot of RPG experience ( and prefer turnbased with good storylines), you may want to steer clear of this one.[/quote]

I have played many RPGs throughout the past years and I happen to like Tales of Legendia. Sure it doesn't have the greatest combat system of all time but it sure does have some fantastic characters.

I've been waiting for this one for ages as well... I've still got my 10% off GI coupon, bringing it down to $20, so I'll probably try to grab it, provided I can find a mint, used copy.... thanks OP :)

Still waiting for a Shadow Hearts: FTNW deal...

bread's done
Back