Shopping While Intoxicated - Xbox Live Marketplace

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
If you are an Xbox 360 owner, have you ever purchased XBLM content under the influence, and later regretted it?

Tell us your stories!

hey, i found Time Pilot to be fun:) i know if i didnt get deals on these points i wouldnt buy alot of the stuff on there but when you get them cheap enough i dont have any regrets...

Only thing i worry about is when the new Xbox comes out...what will happen to all our games we paid for:roll: , hopefully it carries over as well as the Achievement points.

Hell yes. I bought Bejeweled, Crystal Quest and Frogger on three separate occasions after pounding about 6 or 7 Twisted Teas. I'm hardcore biatch!!! I kind of don't regret Crystal Quest though since I am near the Top 100 on the leaderboards by sheer luck even though I don't like the game at all.

:(

cheapy sent me this link earlier because he knows of my awful investment.

i came home intoxicated and thought a pittsburg steelers theme would be sweet. it wasn't. i don't even like the steelers

Yes, I bought Outpost Koloki X while drunk and thought I wanted to play it...I played 10 minutes before falling asleep and haven't played since

yeah i bought gauntlet drunk, stupid stupid purchase....

and i just bought UMK3 on the XBLA about an hour ago with my roommate, we were both high and wanted to play the VS. after 6 rounds we said fuck it, heh.

Basically everything I buy off Marketplace seems like a waste. I have some points left from when I first bought my 360 so I just use them slowly. I will never buy a Marketplace card again unless something amazing comes out on it. I just can't keep throwing money on stuff that is free on the computer and I can't even resell stuff bought from marketplace.

Damn, I just posted about this in the 360 forum BEFORE I saw this thread.

I bought Lumines over the weekend while under the influence of both friends and alcohol. "LOOK AT THAT SHIT, buy it up man!"

However, overall I have been pretty restrained as far as buying crap I don't want. I know the day may come where the PS3 or Wii becomes more appealing to me, so putting money towards Marketplace points would basically become throwing money in the garbage. Less money I've spent on XBLA, less guilt if I decide to sell the system later.

I bought both Mutant Storm Reloaded AND DOOM (true.com free points promo ftw) while drunk and I love 'em both. I bought Enchanted Arms while completely sober and I've played it all of 3 hours.

no I pretty much know all the XBLA game suck and are not worth the money .. even tho im drunk on xbox live all the time

I'd really like to shake the hands of the person who can go through several prompts to complete an xblm transactions, while under the influence.

guess we could always ask major nelson if they could put in a new prompt for xblm marketplace transactions "Are you drunk?" before the transaction can finish

[quote name='AshesofWake']yeah i bought gauntlet drunk, stupid stupid purchase....quote]

I did the same thing, bad purchase, lol.

Never bought anything while drunk on Arcade. Though with the only point card I purchased, I got SF HF and the bonus PGR3 packs. Looking back SF was atotal fucking waste. I still stick with my Anniversary Collection copy. Probably the next I'll get is the pool game, only because it comes with the 12 month kit (BB bucks ftw!). Been wanting it for a while, but I'm not paying 15 bucks for it.

[quote name='terribledeli']Dead Rising Theme 6 - I don't know why I even bought this one. I didn't even like Jessie.[/QUOTE]

You're preaching to the choir, man. I like Jessie and Dead Rising, which is why I got it, but they made her theme a freaking postage stamp in the middle of your screen. wtf? Should have put a little more research into that.

I also got Doom because of how great it was back in the day, but I still haven't even played further than the original shareware release.

There needs to be a 3 day waiting period of Live content like with handguns. Give you a chance to back out of it.

Just wanted to bring this one back. I just got Assault Heroes. So far, I'm liking it, but I'm still under the influence. Sober report to follow.

I've never been intoxicated.

But I did by Dead or Alive Xtreme 2... it makes me wonder.

Am I even human?

And the only Xboxlive games i've purchased (and acctually regretted) is Uno and Geometry Wars. I dont play either that much. Dont have that much fun with them either.

On New Years Eve at like 3am be and friend bought UNO. I still like it but only thing I ever bought on there.

Last week I had a few too many drinks and when I got home I wanted to watch a flick so I DL one from the MP and I haven't watched it yet:whistle2:?

OH man...twice...bought Crystal Quest while buzzed....it's an ok game, not great. Recently bought Mutant Storm...at least that one's cool....

Never drunk, but for both the XBLA and VC I've bought quite a few games when I got both systems. :(

I bought alot of stuff out of excitement. That counts as a form of intoxication??

bread's done
Back