Street Fighter II Turbo Rainbow Edition

sti_prodrive

CAG Veteran
Hello everyone?

Im new here but been in the background looking aroudn this site, must say its really good & the results from ppl is great.

I wanted to ask about the game
Street Fighter II Turbo Rainbow Edition

I have been looking for this game for a very long time now ! i can not find it anywhere ! not even a full proper working Emulator :bomb: its really geting to me.. i have looked everywhere & there has been no result in the game !

Im trying 2 find it on PS or PSP or PC but ive had no luck !

Someone said to me i need 2 buy a arcade if i want Street Fighter II Turbo Rainbow Edition which i dont mind one bit in buying one but where from ??? i dont know where 2 go or look !

Any help from anyone, advice or name & number of shop place maybe ?

Im from the UK

hope to hear from you all !

Why is it called Turbo Rainbow? That sounds like a gay bar.

(Sorry...I dont know anything about the Street Fighter series)

Originally posted by Wikipedia:

After Street Fighter II': Champion Edition, many modified bootlegged versions of the game were released by certain distributors, the best known of which was Street Fighter II: Rainbow Edition, so called because of the rainbow colors of its title screen. Many arcades (even large corporate owned ones) embraced these bootlegs. The bootlegs were widely distributed until Capcom released its reply to these games at the very end of 1992: Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting (called simply Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting on the Arcades outside Japan).
Among the notable features of the bootleg versions were:
  • The added ability for players to change characters partway through a match.
  • The ability for characters to perform special moves in the air as if they were on the ground.
  • Simplification of certain special moves (i.e., no charge for charged moves).
  • Faster game pace.
  • Adding new moves to certain characters (such as Chun-Li's fireball), some of which were incorporated into Turbo.
  • Frame bug moves (i.e., Guile's standing frame freeze, which can segue into throwing characters infinitely from anywhere onscreen)
Basically a very fun version of the game, you can do like 10 Sonic Booms in a row because there is no charging in the game. Fast and furious. FYI, it isn't available on PS2 or PSP or any other console. Its a "hacked" game.

so what the hell do i do ??????????

:cry:

I want this game really badly ! where can i play this game then? on the XBOX - PS2 - GBA - SNES - PC ?

Which one is it gona be ?

[quote name='sti_prodrive']so what the hell do i do ??????????

I want this game really badly ! where can i play this game then? on the XBOX - PS2 - GBA - SNES - PC ?

Which one is it gona be ?[/QUOTE]

None of them goddammit. It's a fucking arcade bootleg. As in, an illegal version of the game made by some guys that aren't Capcom.

[quote name='sti_prodrive']so what the hell do i do ??????????

Which one is it gona be ?[/QUOTE]

it's gonna be www.google.com

so in other words i need to buy the actual ARCADE for me 2 paly this game right ??

Also wat is a bootleg ? also wat is a testron number & what will that number help me find or do ?

Regards...

p.s this is all new stuff to me ppl so i dont mean 2 act silly or ask silly Q's to ppl who are on this site on a daily basis like me ! im new ere guys ! give me a chace will ya

[quote name='sti_prodrive']so in other words i need to buy the actual ARCADE for me 2 paly this game right ??

Also wat is a bootleg ? also wat is a testron number & what will that number help me find or do ?

Regards...

p.s this is all new stuff to me ppl so i dont mean 2 act silly or ask silly Q's to ppl who are on this site on a daily basis like me ! im new ere guys ! give me a chace will ya[/QUOTE]

You don't need to be on this site daily to know what a bootleg is. You also don't need to be here daily to not repeatedly ask stupid questions that have already been answered repeatedly. Last of all, how old are you??

I've played Rainbow Edition at a hotel. It's pretty cool. Blanka can throw hadoukens when he's doing his electric charge move.

[quote name='2poor']I've played Rainbow Edition at a hotel. It's pretty cool. Blanka can throw hadoukens when he's doing his electric charge move.[/QUOTE]

For some reason that sounded hilarious to me and I LOLed.

bloody hell.. i can c der are some real stuck up A**holes in this place.. wats the harm in asking Q on here ? + if u cant be bothered to answer da Q then dont rely 2 my post its simple as !

Every1 learns somthing new everyday so dont go on like your somthing special & how you know it ALL !

N e way...

by the looks for da reply's ive had for this thread looks like to me i might end up buying a full arcade ;)

Cheers peeps

[quote name='sti_prodrive']bloody hell.. i can c der are some real stuck up A**holes in this place.. wats the harm in asking Q on here ? + if u cant be bothered to answer da Q then dont rely 2 my post its simple as !

Every1 learns somthing new everyday so dont go on like your somthing special & how you know it ALL !

N e way...

by the looks for da reply's ive had for this thread looks like to me i might end up buying a full arcade ;)

Cheers peeps[/QUOTE]
I have answered you on how you can get a copy of the game.

[quote name='sti_prodrive']bloody hell.. i can c der are some real stuck up A**holes in this place.. wats the harm in asking Q on here ? + if u cant be bothered to answer da Q then dont rely 2 my post its simple as !

N e way...

Cheers peeps[/QUOTE]

Queen's English, motherfucker. Do you speak it?

Anyway, open your eyes, reread the posts in this thread and you'll see your questions were answered already.

Rainbow edition is both bootleg (an illegal/unreleased by Capcom version) and hacked (illegally reprogrammed by someone outside of Capcom).

If you want to play it, you will need (1) an emulator, such as MAME, and (2) the rom. Do NOT ask where you can find the rom.

There. You have everything you need now; your next post in this thread should involve a "thank you" and a cessation of your being a shitneck, because this post has all the information you need to get Rainbow Edition running on your computer. The only problem in getting from this page to your brain lies in your reading comprehension.

I've found the proper ROM for the game.. but i cant seem to find the Emulator.. there's just soo many different types ive tested afew out & still no luck mate !

[quote name='sti_prodrive']I've found the proper ROM for the game.. but i cant seem to find the Emulator.. there's just soo many different types ive tested afew out & still no luck mate ![/QUOTE]
Probably because you have no idea of what you're doing. I have a copy of SF2 Rainbow that runs fine on my MAME.

It would take more effort than I care to expend, to detail on how to get it to run.

Thanks pouce AKA mykevermin !

like i said b4 this is all new stuff to me so with all respect u need 2 chill da F out mate.. u never know whos s*it u might end up steping into

n e way..

PEACE !

[quote name='sti_prodrive']Thanks pouce AKA mykevermin ![/quote]

I hope this means it's running now.

like i said b4 this is all new stuff to me so with all respect u need 2 chill da F out mate.. u never know whos s*it u might end up steping into

n e way..

PEACE !

Yes, Zewone. The grammar seems to suggest that the OP wants to be a fucking chav, so, erm, you better watch out for the British White Trash!

Personally there is so many versions of the orginal Street Fighter game. I would pass on this one but then again if your going to be buying all these games alined in a room somewhere.

Go for it.

I have this ROM which I play on my XBOX. I believe I use FBA-XXX to play it, one of the neat things is that if you press the start button your character changes randomly to someone else. There's several hacks available for it which I have about 10, it was interesting for about 20 minutes.

Cherrio!

bread's done
Back