Why I hate Gamefly

danito

Banned
A little over a month ago I asked my dad to mail back my game for me, but he accidentally mailed back the wrong game. So now Gamefly has my Trauma Center and is basically telling me that I most likely won't get it back. And it doesn't stop there. Whenever I message them, I get the same fucking reply telling me that although they'll make an effort to get my game back to me, nothings promised. I offered to even pay shipping fees for it! My question is, where the fuck does it go if I don't get it back? I mean seriously, either some worker keeps it for himself, or they start using it as a rental copy of their own. The moral of the story is, fuck gamefly. The only reason I stay with them is because of the cheap used games. It's like an abusive relationship. But seriously, does anyone know of any way I can get this resolved? I know it's my fault that the wrong game was sent back, but I really want it back damnit... And this ends my rant.

You should always make sure you're sending them back the right game. Back when I used to rent games and movies I would always make sure I had the right thing in the case before I returned them.

So now we can mail back any other game we get froj Gamefly. WOW and neato. So I just need to buy ten cheap games with no boxes and rent ten rare games then return the cheapgame I brought instead.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']So now we can mail back any other game we get froj Gamefly. WOW and neato. So I just need to buy ten cheap games with no boxes and rent ten rare games then return the cheapgame I brought instead.[/QUOTE]

MAYBE THE DOG FODO ROTTED YER BRAIN!??!

I don't get what Gamefly has done wrong here. You sent the wrong game in and they said they'll look for it, but can't guarantee that they'll find it if/when they get it.

In all likelihood, you'll have to wait until the next person receives your game and tells gamefly they got it by mistake inside of . Then Gamefly will flag it and hold it for you to exchange back with them.

They may not be able to stop the exhange machines to a grinding halt to find your mistake, but it'll get spat out soon...maybe a few weeks, depending on the popularity of the game you rented.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't get what Gamefly has done wrong here. You sent the wrong game in and they said they'll look for it, but can't guarantee that they'll find it if/when they get it.[/quote]

Yeah, and considering the amount of junk that Gamefly has, it'd be pretty hard to find it.

[quote name='danito'] I know it's my fault that the wrong game was sent back, but I really want it back damnit... And this ends my rant.[/QUOTE]

OP fixed for you.

OP, if you wanted to be a total nobber you could rent Trauma Centre from them and then claim you never received it. Presto-chango you get your game back.

This is blatant stealing but what the hell do I care what you do.:shame:

[quote name='Kaijufan']You should always make sure you're sending them back the right game. Back when I used to rent games and movies I would always make sure I had the right thing in the case before I returned them.[/QUOTE]

When I send back games. I check like 500 times to make sure its the right game. I go crazy when I have to mail a game back.

Gamefly is good if everything works out fine, but when there are return problems Gamefly is retarded. They sent me 2 games on my que, but they send me the wrong games..the Sleeves were right but the Discs inside were wrong. I filed a "wrong game sent" and gladly sent them both back. A few days later my account was cancelled, since I already had 1 game lost in the mail ..they considered the 2 I sent back as "wrong game sent" as LOST??? WTF.. I didnt bother, their service got worse by the day anyway.

I doubt you'll get it back. You're gonna have to chalk this up as a lesson learned the hard way. At least Trauma Center ain't hard to find and the holidays are coming up :D

They have a whole department that specializes in returning games when things like this happen. What I'm mostly pissed about is that I'm not getting a direct answer from them about it. They say it's not their 'department' but isn't it their job to look into the problem? Anyways, I don't understand why everyones telling me I'm at fault when I already admitted that in my first post...

bread's done
Back