Photo
- - - - -

DCAU fans unite! Justice League Doom (possible spoilers) out now!

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#121 Jedi1979

Jedi1979

Mobster Kitties!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:41 AM

the preview does say "inspired by the best selling graphic novel of all time" right after it says all new original movie...so you are getting all worked up for no reason
Posted Image

#122 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:44 AM

the preview does say "inspired by the best selling graphic novel of all time" right after it says all new original movie...so you are getting all worked up for no reason

yea settle down you two... it's just an animated movie. 70 mins of DC fun and that's it... then back to your gears of war.

#123 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:13 PM

I am a fucking idiot.

Yes. Yes you are. I have wasted enough time talking comic book to you....fine you want to be right about this...go fucking ahead.

I will quit the internet right after you do. (honestly who still says this?)

i c wut u did thar

#124 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:01 PM

With all those shaq-fu's I thought Steel might show up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#125 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:03 PM

Now that's a movie Soodmeg would surely adore.

#126 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2007 - 03:43 PM

I know it isn't part of DCAU, but the season premiere of The Batman is on Kids WB now and they have George Newbern back as Superman and Clancy Brown back as Lex!

Posted Image

#127 Theduck

Theduck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2007 - 03:55 PM

I know it isn't part of DCAU, but the season premiere of The Batan is on Kids WB now and they have George Newbern back as Superman and Clancy Brown back as Lex!

Took me 5 mins to figure out what you meant by Batan. oh lols.
Posted Image

#128 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2007 - 03:59 PM

Took me 5 mins to figure out what you meant by Batan. oh lols.

:rofl:

I'll correct that. :lol:

Posted Image

#129 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2007 - 12:43 PM

I know it isn't part of DCAU, but the season premiere of The Batman is on Kids WB now and they have George Newbern back as Superman and Clancy Brown back as Lex!

I fucking missed the premiere :( Had to go pick up my grandmother at my brothers house and take her for birthday lunch. Didn't have time to reset the vcr :(

Tell me what happened in details!!!! PLEASE!!

#130 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2007 - 01:40 PM

I fucking missed the premiere :( Had to go pick up my grandmother at my brothers house and take her for birthday lunch. Didn't have time to reset the vcr :(

Tell me what happened in details!!!! PLEASE!!

Spoiler

Posted Image

#131 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2007 - 02:14 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#132 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2007 - 03:08 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Superman sounded slightly different at first to me, but it was barely noticeable. Lex sounded just like his old self.

Posted Image

#133 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:40 PM

Caught that when I woke up yesterday. Not as good as World's Finest, but decent. Much like Doomsday, I was kinda thrown off by the character designs they did for Lois, Jimmy & Lex. Superman pretty much looks the same, except a little younger(and no cheekbones like in Doomsday).

BTW, what happened to the Teen Titans movie? There's a clip for the "Golden Age" Justice League movie in a ad for Superman Doomsday on a couple of sites. But haven't heard anything on the Teen Titans movie.

#134 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:47 PM

Caught that when I woke up yesterday. Not as good as World's Finest, but decent. Much like Doomsday, I was kinda thrown off by the character designs they did for Lois, Jimmy & Lex. Superman pretty much looks the same, except a little younger(and no cheekbones like in Doomsday).

BTW, what happened to the Teen Titans movie? There's a clip for the "Golden Age" Justice League movie in a ad for Superman Doomsday on a couple of sites. But haven't heard anything on the Teen Titans movie.

The Teen Titans movie is the last of the three movie releases. I don't even know if they have gotten into production with that yet since New Frontier isn't out yet.

Posted Image

#135 Zen Davis

Zen Davis

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:51 PM

I liked the movie a lot but I think the Doomsday title was quite, quite misleading. If it had been called something akin to "The Death and Life of Superman", I wouldn't feel a little deceived but overall I did like the movie a lot.

#136 Jewelz23

Jewelz23

one spec @ a time.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:54 PM

I used to watch Batman Beyond...pretty good show.

And as far as the Superman: Doomsday movie is concerned...I am going to buy that on in demand soon...I read the comics...all of them (I feel ancient now)

#137 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:58 PM

I liked the movie a lot but I think the Doomsday title was quite, quite misleading. If it had been called something akin to "The Death and Life of Superman", I wouldn't feel a little deceived but overall I did like the movie a lot.

true, it should have been "Superman: Resurrection"

but still I was a great movie.

#138 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:08 PM

I never read the comics so I guess that is why I am indifferent to the situation. It would have been great if there was more time devoted to Superman and Doomsday just beating the hell out of each other, but I think what we got was pretty good. I still don't think it topped the Superman vs. Captain Marvel fight in JLU, but there was still serious ass-whoopin going on.

Posted Image

#139 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:04 PM

I never read the comics so I guess that is why I am indifferent to the situation.

Do yourself a favor and read the comic it's based on. Doomsday does a lot more destruction in the comic than he does in the movie. Kills 3-4 superheroes in gory fashion(from the Justice Society? Don't remember what group they were in) before making his way to Metropolis. In the comic, it's not revealed until he fights Superman what he really looks like. Up until then, he was were a black suit with goggles. Unlike the movie, the comic ends with Superman dying.

#140 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:13 PM

Do yourself a favor and read the comic it's based on. Doomsday does a lot more destruction in the comic than he does in the movie. Kills 3-4 superheroes in gory fashion(from the Justice Society? Don't remember what group they were in) before making his way to Metropolis. In the comic, it's not revealed until he fights Superman what he really looks like. Up until then, he was were a black suit with goggles. Unlike the movie, the comic ends with Superman dying.

I think the DVD I got from Wal-Mart has a bonus disc with the comic.

Part of the reason I drifted from American comics is that there is just much to try to keep up with. Retcons, retconned retcons, continuity problems...I was drawn to manga because when a story ends, it ends.

I was really into Marvel Comics from around 92-94. I used to pick up X-Men and Wolverine for the most part with the odd She-Hulk, Spiderman, Venom and others. Eventually though it just became to confusing to keep up with it all. I really didn't pay much attention to DC comics. I did get Kingdom Come from Relentless Rolento here on CAG and I really liked it.

That being said, I have tried picking up some comics earlier this year (She-Hulk mainly) and I can see I might try more.

Posted Image

#141 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:21 PM

i rented it in hd on xbl and i enjoyed it.. thought it was pretty good

1080i is for douchebags

#142 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:50 PM

I ordered Superman Doomsday, along with Justice League Unlimited Season 2 last week from Amazon and they still haven't shipped it.
Posted Image

#143 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:48 PM

DCAU music fan....we finally get some music love...but not on cd though :-\

http://www.dynamicmusicpartners.com/

#144 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:47 PM

Posted Image

Did get all the R1 Released Superman Doomsday Exclusive

looks Like Target is the hardest to get!

WHAT THE Fuck?!?!?!?

*sigh*

oh well, to each his own... I am planning to get the DVD and HDDVD versions of Transformers so thats good enough for me.

SD DVD for now, HDDVD disc when I get an HD DVD player and HDTV :)

#145 DV8

DV8

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:30 PM

DCAU music fan....we finally get some music love...but not on cd though :-\

http://www.dynamicmusicpartners.com/

Sucks that they're only samples too :(. Hopefully they'll get enough hits though to warrant a release. Both my BB cds got jacked, great music for the entire DCAU though.

#146 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:48 AM

Sucks that they're only samples too :(. Hopefully they'll get enough hits though to warrant a release. Both my BB cds got jacked, great music for the entire DCAU though.

I *might* have an extra Batman Beyond Return of the Joker CD *sealed* (I think) somewhere that I bought from the Tower Records closing in December.

If I find it, just pay me for shipping.

#147 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:52 AM

Thought I'd pass along that the Toon Disney channel is airing Superman TAS & Batman TAS now. They're airing back to back weekdays at 7 pm eastern.

#148 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:14 AM

Batman: Gotham Knight Preview!

I am REALLY looking forward to this.

Posted Image

#149 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:30 AM

What the hell!?

Batman's gone anime?!

I was hoping for a whole Mask of the Phantasm type Batman movie, with all the OG Bruce Timm animation.

Dont get me wrong, it looks nice and all...but....It just doesnt fit in my opinion, it looks all wrong, its not the same batman i knew from the DCAU...its Batmanime.

#150 Liquid 2

Liquid 2

Dutch Dreams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:33 AM

Can't say that I like the style. At all.