DCAU fans unite! Justice League Doom (possible spoilers) out now!

GuilewasNK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
I picked it up (JLU Season 1) last night. Man, it's great to hear that opening theme again. :D

It really is amazing how much better the show looks on DVD compared with a cable broadcast.

I also want Batman Beyond Season 2 but I'll have to wait a bit on that.

---------------

I guess I'll try making this into a DCAU toon topic now and see how it goes...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GuilewasNK']I picked it up last night. Man, it's great to hear that opening theme again. :D

It really is amazing how much better the show looks on DVD compared with a cable broadcast.

I also want Batman Beyond Season 2 but I'll have to wait a bit on that.[/QUOTE]

yea i bought mine on Tuesday. They screwed up by stating this as Season 1 when it was supose to be season 1 and 2 on two diffrent releases. Also by putting hunters moon in between two episodes of the Camdius (sp?) arc kinda throw things off. Only two commentaries on the entire set. Nothing on the Camdius arc. It is said on the next release they will have something about the camdius arc. Still good to see some great episodes like Question Authority, Clash,
Divided we fall and Epiloge.

[quote name='ITDEFX']yea i bought mine on Tuesday. They screwed up by stating this as Season 1 when it was supose to be season 1 and 2 on two diffrent releases. Also by putting hunters moon in between two episodes of the Camdius (sp?) arc kinda throw things off. Only two commentaries on the entire set. Nothing on the Camdius arc. It is said on the next release they will have something about the camdius arc. Still good to see some great episodes like Question Authority, Clash,
Divided we fall and Epiloge.[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Cadmus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_Unlimited

Yeah, I just read something about that on Wiki. They said they wanted to have 26 episodes on the release just like the previous versions of Justice League. I wish more commentary would be added though. DCAU stuff is the only things in which I thoroughly enjoy listening to commentary from the creators. It's good stuff.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Hey, have you noticed that the text on the end credits is blurry at times? Or is it just my DVDs?[/QUOTE]

yep

and have you noticed in Divided we fall, when GL is hammering Lord Hawk Girl , there is this wierd audio/video sync problem?

[quote name='ITDEFX']yep

and have you noticed in Divided we fall, when GL is hammering Lord Hawk Girl , there is this wierd audio/video sync problem?[/quote]

I haven't gotten to that yet, but I'll look for it. I'm on The Doomsday Sanction right now.

I didn't know this was released. Sweet! I'm gonna use the Best Buy coupons I just received in the mail and buy it this weekend. :D

[quote name='daphatty']I didn't know this was released. Sweet! I'm gonna use the Best Buy coupons I just received in the mail and buy it this weekend. :D[/QUOTE]

omg.....its been on commericals on tv all last week where have you been?!?!?

[quote name='ITDEFX']omg.....its been on commericals on tv all last week where have you been?!?!?[/QUOTE]

Moving of course! My TV is in a storage unit at the moment. I won't be able to get "caught up" until Monday night when I get back to California.

[quote name='ITDEFX']The Question is the badass of the series...followed by Green Arrow.[/quote]

My favorite of the less prominent characters is Black Canary. Badass to the max. Green Arrow and Question are cool as hell too.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']My favorite of the less prominent characters in Black Canary. Badass to the max. Green Arrow and Question are cool as hell too.[/QUOTE]

hell no...... is Black Canary crazy enough to "try" to take out Luthor by herself?

[quote name='daphatty']Moving of course! My TV is in a storage unit at the moment. I won't be able to get "caught up" until Monday night when I get back to California.[/QUOTE]

oh yea me forgot..sorry... I forgot about the computer thread lol :p

I finally finished watching all of JLU Season 1. God I love this stuff.

What are your favorite episodes from Season 1?

It particular I like...

The Return
The Greatest Story Never Told
The Once and Future Thing
The Cat and the Canary (Black Canary rules!)
Clash (fucking awesome fight)
Question Authority
Epilogue

This is a bit misleading though because I enjoyed every single episode.

I suppose I should buy it to get Timm's New Frontier project more money. Are the episodes widescreen, btw?

[quote name='jmcc']I suppose I should buy it to get Timm's New Frontier project more money. Are the episodes widescreen, btw?[/quote]

Yes, Justice League Unlimited season 1 is widescreen.

The producers never explained the reason for AMAZO's depature passed "Wake the dead"... had he come back, yea he could have posed a threat to Brainthor but a good fight between them should have lead to AMAZO's destruction.
Flash's Speed Force hit and run was truely amazing. Fans were amazed that he could do such thing, take out a god being like that. Would have been intresting if he would have actually died. Seeing Superman almost fufilling a dark destiny and having Batman stop wonder woman from interviening was a nice moment. Epiloge was a good episode to finish off the batman beyond series. Some tear jerking moments. Dispite what people said, that was a good episode.

[quote name='ITDEFX']The producers never explained the reason for AMAZO's depature passed "Wake the dead"... had he come back, yea he could have posed a threat to Brainthor but a good fight between them should have lead to AMAZO's destruction.
Flash's Speed Force hit and run was truely amazing. Fans were amazed that he could do such thing, take out a god being like that. Would have been intresting if he would have actually died. Seeing Superman almost fufilling a dark destiny and having Batman stop wonder woman from interviening was a nice moment. Epiloge was a good episode to finish off the batman beyond series. Some tear jerking moments. Dispite what people said, that was a good episode.[/quote]

Yeah. As a Batman Beyond fan, Epilogue was awesome.

The Captain Marvel/Superman stuff was unreal.

The Speed Force. Good Lord. When I saw that on TV my jaw just dropped. It was amazing seeing Flash take charge like that.

Well, since I finally got Batman Beyond Season 2, I figured I'd bump this and revamp the topic title. We'll see how this goes.

I feel like I should watch more of JLU and Batman Beyond in general. I wasn't into DC that much when JLU was airing and I never really accepted Batman Beyond originally cause I couldn't get past Bruce Wayne not being Batman. Having watched some more of JLU now, I think I may have to pick the DVD up sometime. The Greatest Story Never Told was absolutely hilarious and awesome. Plus, every clip I see of Flash just makes me love him more. And then there's Ollie...

[quote name='karsh']I feel like I should watch more of JLU and Batman Beyond in general. I wasn't into DC that much when JLU was airing and I never really accepted Batman Beyond originally cause I couldn't get past Bruce Wayne not being Batman. Having watched some more of JLU now, I think I may have to pick the DVD up sometime. The Greatest Story Never Told was absolutely hilarious and awesome. Plus, every clip I see of Flash just makes me love him more. And then there's Ollie...[/quote]

I only saw a few Batman Beyond episodes.

Then I saw Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. fucking fantastic movie. IMO it's the best animated movie out of the US not made by Disney.

Ever since I saw that movie I have been dying to see more Batman Beyond. I am going to start the second disc of Season 2 tonight.

I also agree 100% about The Greatest Story Never Told. I didn't know a thing about Booster Gold, but after the episode I really was impressed that they could get me so eager about that story. Just some kickass storytelling.

With the title change you should probably update the OP to indicate it's JLU Season 1 that you bought. (You have to infer that from the following posts.)

I don't think I've watched anything but JLU from the DCAU (DC Animated Universe?) Do the same people do all of it?

[quote name='wubb']With the title change you should probably update the OP to indicate it's JLU Season 1 that you bought. (You have to infer that from the following posts.)[/quote]

Done.

I didn't think anyone would bother reading the earlier posts. :lol:

[quote name='wubb']
I don't think I've watched anything but JLU from the DCAU (DC Animated Universe?) Do the same people do all of it?[/QUOTE]

Just in case you missed my update. (Posted at the same time :mrgreen: )

As far as I know they generally kept the same people on most of the DCAU shows. Bruce Timm (character design) is the constant through all of the shows. Glen Murakami and Paul Dini were major parts of most of the shows (writning/directing). I think Dini left before JLU. They switched the animation companies that they used after the first three seasons of Batman: TAS. This resulted in a more streamlined, angular design (which I think is in general a vast improvement).

Finally got my copy of Superman the Animated Series Volume 3. Except for Superman: Braniac Attacks (which was pretty much a turd), I am up to date in my DCAU collection.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Finally got my copy of Superman the Animated Series Volume 3. Except for Superman: Braniac Attacks (which was pretty much a turd), I am up to date in my DCAU collection.[/QUOTE]

yep same here, the reviews of SM:BA really pushed me away. I might buy it when its under 5 bucks :p

[quote name='ITDEFX']yep same here, the reviews of SM:BA really pushed me away. I might buy it when its under 5 bucks :p[/QUOTE]

They showed it on CN awhile ago... it sucked ass.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Walker

Damn, I didn't realize she died.[/QUOTE]

yea it was a big shocker in the music industry (not for the MTV generation). The guy who did the score to Starship Troopers also passed away a few months back.
Not to sound crewl, but some people think the great John Williams is next :(

[quote name='Roufuss']They showed it on CN awhile ago... it sucked ass.[/QUOTE]

you know I barely watch CN anymore since TT and JLU are gone :(

Heck I fell asleep during the reairing of the teen titans movie a few weeks ago, now I have to wait til Feb for the dvd since it was pushed back for some unknown reasons. oh well.

[quote name='ITDEFX']yep same here, the reviews of SM:BA really pushed me away. I might buy it when its under 5 bucks :p[/quote]

The worst thing about Braniac Attacks was that Superman, Lex and Brainiac all had different voice actors. Luthor was made to be a buffoon instead of the slick genius he was in previous DCAU stuff. I'll get it on the cheap if only to round out my collection.

[quote name='LarryGe']Batman Beyond is My FAVORITE tv show ever[/quote]

It really is an amazing show IMO.

So is anyone else watching The Batman or Legion of Super-Heroes?

Legion is actually really good, imo, and this new season of The Batman that has introduced Robin is really awesome as well... I really loved the episode where Gotham City turned into zombies, and it has this awesome twist at the end.

[quote name='Roufuss']So is anyone else watching The Batman or Legion of Super-Heroes?

Legion is actually really good, imo, and this new season of The Batman that has introduced Robin is really awesome as well... I really loved the episode where Gotham City turned into zombies, and it has this awesome twist at the end.[/quote]

I've only seen a little bit of Legion. It is better than I thought it would be.

The Batman has been growing on me. The new Robin is pretty well done IMO.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I've only seen a little bit of Legion. It is better than I thought it would be.

The Batman has been growing on me. The new Robin is pretty well done IMO.[/QUOTE]

I like the whole dynamic in The Batman where Batgirl assumed she was his sidekick, and now Robin is the official one... the chemistry between the two is well done.

The Batman started out as a pretty formulalic show but it has really grown these last few seasons.

Legion is incredibly well done and functions like an expanded Teen Titans. Adding a young Superman to it works alot better than anyone thought.

[quote name='Roufuss']I like the whole dynamic in The Batman where Batgirl assumed she was his sidekick, and now Robin is the official one... the chemistry between the two is well done.

The Batman started out as a pretty formulalic show but it has really grown these last few seasons.

Legion is incredibly well done and functions like an expanded Teen Titans. Adding a young Superman to it works alot better than anyone thought.[/quote]

The thing I didn't like about The Batman was the way most of the villains were portrayed (Penguin having ninja skilss and all). I guess I was spoiled by BTAS.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The thing I didn't like about The Batman was the way most of the villains were portrayed (Penguin having ninja skilss and all). I guess I was spoiled by BTAS.[/QUOTE]

Later episodes I've seen with The Penguin involves him mostly using his birds as well as his intelligence to get the better of Batman.

I like how they reimagined most of the villains though... Killer Croc was no longer an idiot, for instance.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Batman vs. Dracula was damn good. Actually, I have the first two seasons of The Batman on DVD and the Batman vs. Dracula in DVD.[/QUOTE]

Really? I saw it once........it bored the hell out of me to the point where I just hit stop on my dvd player and ejected it before I could finish it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Really? I saw it once........it bored the hell out of me to the point where I just hit stop on my dvd player and ejected it before I could finish it.[/quote]

I liked it more than the TV series. I guess it is because they didn't sugar coat the violence/blood as much as I thought they would.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']JLU Season 2 coming out March 20th people! The final volume of JLU awesomeness.

In honor of the event, I give you a vid I found of the fan favorite fanservice episode "Grudge Match".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8syn41e5Ew

Buy the volume when it comes out people! Also, the final set of Batman Beyond is due out the same day.[/QUOTE]

YUP

JLU could have lasted another season.

ooooooooooooo

Shayera in a dress............. :drool:

Pan02.jpg

btw, GuilewasNK do you collect JLU figures!??!!?

Now that is awesome. :applause:

Her character became one of my favorites after Starcrossed. She ended up being one of the more complex characters. She and GL were more interesting to follow than Batman and Wonder Woman imo. I guess that is because Bats and WW kind of skirted around their feelings, but Shayera and John wore their emotions on their sleeves.

I haven't collected any figures yet. I have seen some at a comic shop about 50 miles away though.

bread's done
Back