Photo
- - - - -

CAG CONTEST: Best CAGcast Flash Movie Wins $100 - Congrats to Vidpower...winner!

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#91 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:22 AM

I was very impressed with many of the entries. It was hard to choose a winner, but it will be announced wednesday morning on CAGcast #58.

#92 jngx80

jngx80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:25 AM

The suspense is killing me. Unfortunately I won't be able to tune in to hear who won since I'll be on a business trip for the rest of the week. So congratulations to the winner.

However I would like to point out that I should get bonus points because I, unknowingly, subjected myself to cruel punishment in the process of creating my movie (after gathering my robocop screenshots I attempted to play the Robocop 3 SNES game). Anyone looking for a challenge, look no further than that game.

#93 VidPower

VidPower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:24 PM

Thank you so much CheapyD and Wombat for picking me as the winner. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.

I'd like to give some comments on the other entries as well.

bartex - Great animation on the talking mouths, and the "big ass chains" part was great.
loaded - Funny animation on the gun shooting and Wombat's eyes popping out when he sniffed the half and half.
plumenoir - Great fusion of various audio clips to create a funny conversation between CheapyD and Wombat.
wurz-7 - Holy cow! That was some of the best drawings I've ever seen. Are you an artist? If not, you should consider being one. Terrific job on the custom animation too. It feels just like playing the actual Gears of War game!
relentlessrolento - Very fun game. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and the music was top-notch.
degital - Seriously, I've watched your video at least 15 times already! I keep laughing every time I watch your video. It is just so so hilarious. The presentation is very professionally done as well.
inubu - Superb job on the editing of the pictures. Your photoshopping skills are top-notch.
rywateska - The intro is very well done, and the mouths are perfectly synched to the audio.
william h. macy - Hilarous pictures that go perfectly with the audio. And the credits are spiffy too.
jngx80 - Nice custom drawings and animation on the PaRappa part. And good job on the Top Gun part as well. Your ending animation with CheapyD and Wombat talking next to the mic was great too.

#94 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:49 PM

lol

Cag mountain was great!!!!!!!!

#95 inubu

inubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:33 PM

Thank you so much CheapyD and Wombat for picking me as the winner. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.

As soon as I saw yours I thought to myself, "How can I work a shopping cart smashing into a tower of Cocoa Krispies into my video?"

Great job. Very entertaining from start to finish.

#96 Droogs

Droogs

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:32 PM

my leg is in the winning entry...does that make me famous?

#97 pop311

pop311

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:41 PM

I loved inubu's. That should've won.

#98 PyroGamer

PyroGamer

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:10 AM

I like the Cagcast Mountain one the best, by far. It was simply amazing. I haven't laughed so hard in a while. Plus, it brought a bit of a tear to my eye.

Simply fantastic editing, wonderfully put together, and a great concept.

Too bad it didn't win. It was definitely the best.

#99 pop311

pop311

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:31 AM

I want a recount. CAGcast Mountain FTW!

#100 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:42 AM

They were all really really good. Like I mentioned on the show, it was really hard to pick a winner.

Of course now I am wondering if we can turn this into a weekly video podcast (on iTunes) from user submissions (CAGcast Video Remix) and perhaps give away a similar prize every month.

#101 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:53 AM

They were all really really good. Like I mentioned on the show, it was really hard to pick a winner.

Of course now I am wondering if we can turn this into a weekly video podcast (on iTunes) from user submissions (CAGcast Video Remix) and perhaps give away a similar prize every month.

I doubt you saw my posts in numerous other threads, but I'm willing to make a game for CAG featuring CAG almost every month. You just have to say "go" and I'll get hopping to it. Mostly will be arcade style stuff, but those are hard to not like.

#102 PlumeNoir

PlumeNoir

Ch'p is still a badass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:24 AM

Nice job and congrats, Vid! I know yours was my wife's favorite. (Man, the OTT forum would run wild with that.)

I'm glad I wasn't a judge, because there were so many good ones, but it was really cool to see everyone's different take on the vague "do something with the audio" theme.

There wasn't one that I watched and didn't think, "I wish I had thought of that!"

EDIT: Typos are bad. Forgetting to add "n't" to a word completely changes the context. I will do better to remember that.

Plume, your solution to everything is sex. [-(

#103 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:25 AM

yeah, great entries by everyone and amazingly all well polished as well.

#104 soccerstud652

soccerstud652

J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:06 PM

I almost crapped in my pants I laughed so hard...listening to the CAGbackmountain. Hillarious.
My eBay link.
I am PayPal verified and have 100% feedback since June 2004.

#105 PyroGamer

PyroGamer

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:38 PM

I almost crapped in my pants I laughed so hard...listening to the CAGbackmountain. Hillarious.

I still can't believe that didn't win. It's still litterally roll-on-ground hillarious even after seeing it months later for the tenth time.