Massachusetts' Cheap Ass Gamers Topic!

• Please log in to reply
741 replies to this topic

#691 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:02 PM

This thread is pretty deserted at this point, but where are people planning to go for Black Friday?

#692 jimijumper

jimijumper

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:06 AM

This thread is pretty deserted at this point, but where are people planning to go for Black Friday?

I'm going to Amazon.com...

#693 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:00 AM

I'm going to Amazon.com...

I was sort of expecting that for a response...I'm pretty much the same. If the B&M sales are good I'll probably head to Braintree, which now has a Target, Kmart, Best Buy, Staples, multiple Gamestops, South Shore Plaza, etc.

#694 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:16 PM

Seems like theres not too many CAG's from MA. Anyone from Central MA or is it mostly out by Boston and eastern MA?

#695 Antic

Antic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:51 PM

I'm a Western MA resident.

#696 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

Seems like theres not too many CAG's from MA. Anyone from Central MA or is it mostly out by Boston and eastern MA?

I live in the south shore area, so mostly eastern boston but work up north in the woburn/reading area.

#697 dickybeans

dickybeans

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

I live in the south shore area, so mostly eastern boston but work up north in the woburn/reading area.

ahh - my direct competition! I work in the wakefield/reading area.

good luck, sir!

#698 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:22 PM

seems like I have central MA all to myself :mrgreen:

#699 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:28 PM

Damn you two, Burlington/Woburn/Stoneham here!

#700 EXStrike

EXStrike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:20 AM

From Boston but go to school in Worcester

#701 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:47 AM

Oh so you all come out of the woodwork now :).

I'm in Canton and generally shop around Braintree, Dedham, Brockton, Framingham, and Watertown areas...

BTW there will soon be 4 Gamestops in Braintree...ridiculous ain't it?

#702 Wagg

Wagg

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

I live in the Metrowest area (Natick/Framingham).

Still waiting for a used videogame sale to pop up at Newburry Comics. They have them every once in a while.

#703 torment

torment

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

from the north shore area right on the NH border Newburyport, Salisbury, Haverhill, Salem area

#704 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:44 PM

Looking for boston area CAGs to help me out - Our school is running a bus down there next weekend and dropping us off at the aquarium. I'm trying to get to fenway for the game that day and was just curious as to how much a cab would be. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#705 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:06 PM

Looking for boston area CAGs to help me out - Our school is running a bus down there next weekend and dropping us off at the aquarium. I'm trying to get to fenway for the game that day and was just curious as to how much a cab would be. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It'll likely cost about $20. It also depends on traffic/route.

Have you considered taking the T (subway)? It's super easy since you are being dropped off at the Aquarium. The Blue Line is right there, and you get to Government Center stop. Transfer over to the Green Line (no extra cost) and hop on the C or B and get off at Kenmore Station. If it's a Sox game, just follow the hordes of people all heading the same way. That is actually a better way to experience it. Total cost = $2 one way. You can also buy an all day pass for $9 and travel all you want.

http://www.mbta.com/...s/trip_planner/

Plug in Aquarium Station as the start, and Kenmore Station as the end -- along with the time.

#706 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:32 PM

I'm from Dorchester, work in Boston.

Love this town.

#707 Techman16

Techman16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

Ma BUMP

#708 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:28 PM

Hopefully the Bruins close things out tomorrow...

#709 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

Hopefully the Bruins close things out tomorrow...

Tell me about it. I really really thought they were at least going to tie it up there at the end yesterday with how strong they were playing in the last few minutes. Alas.

#710 fraggedbylaggers

fraggedbylaggers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

I got a seemingly brand new "refurb" 80 gig PS3 at Microcenter for $116 including tax!
Posted Image

#711 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

I got a seemingly brand new "refurb" 80 gig PS3 at Microcenter for $116 including tax!

Nice deal...I thought it would have sold out by now. I recently scored two like-new Xbox 360 arcades at that same Microcenter for $30 each.

#712 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:02 AM

Nice deal...I thought it would have sold out by now. I recently scored two like-new Xbox 360 arcades at that same Microcenter for $30 each.

....wait they had refurbed Xbox 360s for $30?!

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#713 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

....wait they had refurbed Xbox 360s for $30?!

Yes. I was just browsing the site a few weeks back and saw 2 arcades on clearance. Got in-store pickup and was told they were basically customer returns returned from MSFT. They are like new and were made in 09 and 10, so I'm not as worried about the RROD.

Also got an i7 960 for $200, which is a pretty good price considering I then sold my two year old i7 920 for $185 net.

#714 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

Damn sweet!!!

I haven't checked the microcenter site in months, now I have to fix that.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#715 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

It might be a one time thing. There are a couple other goodies in that store that I'm waiting for an inevitable markdown on...

#716 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

The thing is that Microcenter used to do weekly gaming deals but they've stopped it for several months now. They went into effect Friday mornings and usually there were games and accessories on clearance if you checked thier website. I scored a 360 LCD screen for $2, marked down from $200.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#717 mrmagoo1974

mrmagoo1974

I'm a C A G and I'm PROUD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

Massachusetts kind of jumped out at me as i was browsing the titles of the threads, I would just like to take a couple mins to say I hope and PRAY none of our fellow CAG'S were affected by those tornado's the other day. God Bless You.

#718 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

The thing is that Microcenter used to do weekly gaming deals but they've stopped it for several months now. They went into effect Friday mornings and usually there were games and accessories on clearance if you checked thier website. I scored a 360 LCD screen for $2, marked down from $200.

Huh. I know microcenter used to have really good deals when the game section launched, but the inventory sorta blows.

There are also a lot of SD'ers that check out the Microcenter, so I'll only head up there if I need a Trader Joes order anyways or if I can reserve an item.

#719 fraggedbylaggers

fraggedbylaggers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:12 PM

Massachusetts kind of jumped out at me as i was browsing the titles of the threads, I would just like to take a couple mins to say I hope and PRAY none of our fellow CAG'S were affected by those tornado's the other day. God Bless You.

Thanks, it was pretty scary in Boston but nothing really bad happened there. It was much worse in other parts of the state.
Posted Image

#720 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:22 AM

Congrats to the Bruins for an amazing post season....every round was epic (Yes even Philly) and it is very well deserved. So any of you going to the parade?