The Latest From the Religion of Peace

PittsburghAfterDark

CAGiversary!
MOSCOW (Reuters) - A heavily armed gang seized up to 400 hostages at a Russian school near Chechnya (news - web sites) Wednesday and threatened to kill 50 children for any member of their group killed, a senior local official said.

Itar-Tass news agency said negotiations had begun with the gang of up to 17 men and women who stormed into the secondary school in Beslan in North Ossetia province during a morning ceremony to mark the first day of the new school year.

The assault bore the signs of a Chechen rebel operation and was the latest in a recent spate of deadly attacks in Russia which have killed more than 100 people. As dusk fell there were no signs of any end to the siege around the low brick building.

Link

So let's summarize the last week of people figting in the name of Islam or Islamic causes.

1. 2 Chechen women blow up 2 Russian airliners killing 90 people.
2. 1 Chechen woman blows herself up in Moscow outside the Metro killing 9 and wounding dozens.
3. In Iraq 2 French hostages taken to ostensibly protest France's seperating religious garb from state sponosred schools. This despite France surrendering before war began.

And last but not least we have number 4.

300-400 children, that's right, children, being taken hostage inside their school on the first day of the school year. Mines placed, explosives wired, threats made that 50 children will be killed for every member of the hostage takers killed or 20 killed for every hostage taker wounded. When will the world wake up and see these animals as nothing more than target practice for tanks, bombs and guns?

You cannot appease them. You cannot negotiate with them. They respect no law of any nation. They respect no international boundaries, treaties or any law.

Kill them all, every single last one of them.

I heard this on Fox News, they were hostage for 12 hours at the time. It took that long for us to get info?

Anyways it sickens me, but this is Russia, knowing them they will use that nerve gas like they did in the theater and kill even more people than the terrorist would have.

I don't understand you title through, Religion of Peace? I take it that's the site you got it from.

That's what the practitioners of Islam call their faith.

I saw this when I got up this morning and I was nearly sickened. This is beyond barbaric.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']You cannot appease them. You cannot negotiate with them. They respect no law of any nation. They respect no international boundaries, treaties or any law.

Kill them all, every single last one of them.[/quote]

negative5.jpg

That's just disturbing, PAD.
You can't judge everyone who practices a religion based upon the actions of a militant few.
Just because there were Catholics in the IRA doesn't mean that all Catholics are terrorists.
Why would you apply the same logic to Islam?

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']That's what the practitioners of Islam call their faith.

I saw this when I got up this morning and I was nearly sickened. This is beyond barbaric.[/quote]

Does that mean you want to kill all Muslims?

While I do appreciate you posting news stories like this (I really do, I'm not being sarcastic), and the fact that you stand behind your beliefs, things like 'Kill them all, every last one of them' need not be said here. I know this is the 'VS' forum, where political opinions are meant to be, but that is rude and unnecessary, regardless of your's or anyone's beliefs on the matter.

Edited for spelling and an incomplete sentence. Yes, I'm that anal.

I'm assuming PAD means 'religious terrorists' which the type of person who would do this certainly qualifies as. Although, maybe I missed it, the article doesn't specifically mention their religiosity; merely that they are possibly thought to be Chechen rebels.

These people are truly the lowest of the low, the worst of the worst--it's one thing to fight for your beliefs in a war or even rebel against leaders, but to threaten a bunch of schoolkids is cowardly and truly defines terrorism.

We all agree that we have to kill all the terrorists before they kill us, but with what he posted and what he said it seems he wants to kill all Muslims, which sadly doesn't shock me that he said it.

I rea an interesting article recently about how terrorists used to do crap like that to draw attention to a cause and basically get publicity (even though it would obivously be bad publicity).

However, now it seems that the terrorism itself is the end goal, making it even MORE senseless. Wish I could remember where that article was, it made a good point.

No, I don't want to kill every Muslim.

I wouldn't take one of these people prisoner though. I would summarily execute them in front of TV cameras though. They want to send a message fine, give them a return to sender.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']No, I don't want to kill every Muslim.

I wouldn't take one of these people prisoner though. I would summarily execute them in front of TV cameras though. They want to send a message fine, give them a return to sender.[/quote]

Spoken as a true Republican!

We all agree that we have to kill all the terrorists before they kill us

I think you presume to much.
I mean really, what's the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter other than your point of view?

Simple answers to complex problems often lead to more complex problems.

Yes, that's like saying that all Native Americans should've been wiped out for raids against American colonies hundreds of years ago while defending their homeland.

The difference between a "terrorist" and a "freedom fighter" is very simple. A terrorist attacks non-military targets in an attempt more at psychological warfare than any real physical warfare. A freedom fighter attacks military targets in an attempt to defeat them or convince them to leave. This means a Palestinian who fires a missile at an Israeli patrol in the West Bank is a freedom fighter, while one who boards a bus in Jerusalem and carries out a suicide bombing there is a terrorist. People attacking our military in Iraq are not carrying out terrorist actions (although the same people may carry out terrorist actions as well), but those kidnapping people and beheading them are. Make sense?

[quote name='JSweeney']We all agree that we have to kill all the terrorists before they kill us

I think you presume to much.
I mean really, what's the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter other that your point of view?

Simple answers to complex problems often lead to more complex problems.[/quote]

Oh my god...

I now know why people hate democrats with thinking like that we are screwed.

It's already been explained to you so I will ask what are the terrorist trying to get freedom of?

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']That's what the practitioners of Islam call their faith.[/quote]

Can somebody please ban him already.

This is nothing short of pure racism.

You really are nothing but an overreacting heel hound aren't you?

Saying practitioners of Islam call their religion "The Religion of Peace" is not racism, it's accurate. That IS what they refer to their faith as.

So tell me, how is it racist? Go ahead, I can't wait for your MENSA worthy response.

[quote name='elprincipe']The difference between a "terrorist" and a "freedom fighter" is very simple. A terrorist attacks non-military targets in an attempt more at psychological warfare than any real physical warfare. A freedom fighter attacks military targets in an attempt to defeat them or convince them to leave. This means a Palestinian who fires a missile at an Israeli patrol in the West Bank is a freedom fighter, while one who boards a bus in Jerusalem and carries out a suicide bombing there is a terrorist. People attacking our military in Iraq are not carrying out terrorist actions (although the same people may carry out terrorist actions as well), but those kidnapping people and beheading them are. Make sense?[/quote]

Very good summary.

Not to mention, anyone who would bust into a school and threaten to kill a bunch of children needs a bullet in the head ANYWAY, regardless of 'why' they're doing it.

[quote name='Quackzilla'][quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']That's what the practitioners of Islam call their faith.[/quote]

This is nothing short of pure racism.[/quote]

Not quite. Islam has been called the "Religion of Peace" for a long time now, and not by detractors. Oh, and on top of that, Islam is not a race, it's a religion. But I'm sure you'll deny that just like you always do. And then you'll call me names or send me insulting PMs, just like you always do. And then you'll look more the fool for it...just like you always do.

You have a serious problem dealing with people whose opinions differ from yours. You really need to chill out.

Freedom fighters would attack Russia'a army. Terrorists attack little babies and women, it's pretty simple.

[quote name='David85']Freedom fighters would attack Russia'a army. Terrorists attack little babies and women, it's pretty simple.[/quote]

:notworth: Bingo.

The Chechen's are fighting for political causes, not Islamic clauses.

And do you think those three links counter your overall bigoted attitude towards the majority of the people on the planet? (the French, Muslims, democrats, liberals, etc.)

This is your second topic like this.

[quote name='Quackzilla']
And PsyClerk, I sent you insulting PMs because I hate you.
You were spamming after my posts with your crap, so I hold a grudge against you for all eternity.
I don't insult you over differing opinions, you just acted like a jackass and I hate you.[/quote]

That's not very tolerant or accepting. Why don't you have understanding, peace, love, and harmony toward those of different opinions? We should hold the hands of terrorists, but you 'hate' someone you've never met, on a virtually anonymous message board, 'for all eternity'? That's sad.

So here's the argument:

1. Some Muslims did Very Bad Things
2. People who do Very Bad Things should be killed
3. Therefore, all Muslims should be killed.

Does anybody else see some kind of flaw in this argument?

No, those three links show that "Religion of Peace" and "Islam" are synonymous amongst the believers and you are a complete dunce.

Let's see the total sum of hmmm 80 million French, 1 billion Muslims, 100 million liberals/Democrats.... total... 1.18 billion.... world population 6 billion..... wow, you're really far from a majority there. Oh wait... you have a ROOM TEMPERATURE IQ!

I see it now.
:roll:

[quote name='Quackzilla']And PsyClerk, I sent you insulting PMs because I hate you.
You were spamming after my posts with your crap, so I hold a grudge against you for all eternity.
I don't insult you over differing opinions, you just acted like a jackass and I hate you.[/quote]

This is my point. This is a relatively anonymous internet forum, how can anyone get so worked up over it as to claim they hate another anonymous user? Maybe it's Kyle's shit-eating grin.

"Do you think it's the hat?"
"No."
"No? A lot of people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people, just the sight of it."

And yes, you do insult others for having a different opinion. You resort to name calling and flat out denial should someone present a different perspective. I was just pointing it out.

BTW, if you have such an aversion to smartasses, I am amazed you've lasted on CAG as long as you have.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']No, those three links show that "Religion of Peace" and "Islam" are synonymous amongst the believers and you are a complete dunce.

Let's see the total sum of hmmm 80 million French, 1 billion Muslims, 100 million liberals/Democrats.... total... 1.18 billion.... world population 6 billion..... wow, you're really far from a majority there. Oh wait... you have a ROOM TEMPERATURE IQ!

I see it now.
:roll:[/quote]

It seems to me PAD that you don't even read the stories you post or the answers you get. Nowhere in the story does it say the Chechens are Muslim. These are rebels who are doing incredible horrible things to try and get the Russians off their backs.
Quackzilla called your arguement racist because you were calling all Muslims terrorists. He was not argueing the point about Muslims calling their religion the religion of peace.

[quote name='Quackzilla']The Chechen's are fighting for political causes, not Islamic clauses.

And do you think those three links counter your overall bigoted attitude towards the majority of the people on the planet? (the French, Muslims, democrats, liberals, etc.)

This is your second topic like this.

You forgot gays in the list. :p

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark'][quote name='David85']Freedom fighters would attack Russia'a army. Terrorists attack little babies and women, it's pretty simple.[/quote]

:notworth: Bingo.[/quote]

He's bowing to a gay, everyone make this down.

David, I don't know where you think I don't like gay people. I love gay people. One of my best friends in college was as an out of the closet gay as you could find anywhere. One of my favorite relatives was (He passed away.) a gay man who was amongst the most intelligent people I've ever met and was a 50's beatnik in the Village in NYC.

I've known many more gay or bisexual people in my lifetime I don't fear them or have issues with their sexuality. I'm not worried about being hit on by gay men. Hell, I don't dress well enough for that ever to happen....

Don't mistake my desire to limit recognition of gay relationships to civil unions as opposed to giving it the title of marriage as prejudice It's not, it's just a boundary with me that I firmly believe in.

If you're right, you're right and in this case... you were right.

Ok first and foremost, thank you PsyClerk for telling it like it is about Quackzilla. I've been growing increasingly tired of his comments/childish arguments lately.

David 85- I replied in another thread that you had posted in about something very similar to this. Just because someone doesn't support gay marriage doesn't mean that they hate gays. I

'm not sure why you feel this way but you were previously equating the entire republican party with hating gays which is kind of what your doing to PAD right now. Its kind of like saying that the NAACP hates white people, or better yet, that the GLBT (gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender) club at my school hates me because I'm straight. I, personally, am a right leaning moderate, you couldn't call me an outright republican but I do identify with that party. That having been said, I'm all for gay marriage.

I'm not sure if your just trying to play the repressed minority group card or what but when you make comments like "he's bowing down to a gay, everyone make this down" it only makes you look childish.

Do you people even look at the Republican party's platform? I don't think they can scream "We hate gays!" any loader so maybe you need to turn up the hearing aids?

[quote name='elprincipe']The difference between a "terrorist" and a "freedom fighter" is very simple. A terrorist attacks non-military targets in an attempt more at psychological warfare than any real physical warfare. A freedom fighter attacks military targets in an attempt to defeat them or convince them to leave. This means a Palestinian who fires a missile at an Israeli patrol in the West Bank is a freedom fighter, while one who boards a bus in Jerusalem and carries out a suicide bombing there is a terrorist. People attacking our military in Iraq are not carrying out terrorist actions (although the same people may carry out terrorist actions as well), but those kidnapping people and beheading them are. Make sense?[/quote]

So then, do you view the participants of the Boston Tea Party as terrorists?

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='elprincipe']The difference between a "terrorist" and a "freedom fighter" is very simple. A terrorist attacks non-military targets in an attempt more at psychological warfare than any real physical warfare. A freedom fighter attacks military targets in an attempt to defeat them or convince them to leave. This means a Palestinian who fires a missile at an Israeli patrol in the West Bank is a freedom fighter, while one who boards a bus in Jerusalem and carries out a suicide bombing there is a terrorist. People attacking our military in Iraq are not carrying out terrorist actions (although the same people may carry out terrorist actions as well), but those kidnapping people and beheading them are. Make sense?[/quote]

So then, do you view the participants of the Boston Tea Party as terrorists?[/quote]

More as vandals really. How many people did they kill or even injure? I do see your point though.

The one thing you have to understand about the platforms, they mean very little.

Basically the people on the platform committees of both parties are people that "came through" financially or organizationally in the primaries in key states. If they don't know what role to put you in they stuff you on the platfrom committee. It's like being a political runner up.

The platform committees of both major parties are idealogues of their respective political wing. I could post the 41 page document of the Democratic platform parse it to sound like it was written by Rush Limbaugh or Karl Marx.

I understand that gay rights are a key issue for you David but they aren't the ONLY issue affecting you or this country. First and foremost if you aren't physically safe no debate in the world matters. So the Republicans don't approve of civil unions or gay marriage BFD. If marriage is so horrible that it ends in 50% divorice why would you want to do it anyways. You want to pay half your earnings to you gay spouse?

I want to do it because it's my fucking right. My marriage would last unlike hetro joke marriage.

The number one issue for me is being safe, but I don't want to live in a Extreme Catholic only country. What's the point of saving the USA from terrorist when Bush will just wreck it?

[quote name='David85']I want to do it because it's my shaq-fuing right. My marriage would last unlike hetro joke marriage.

The number one issue for me is being safe, but I don't want to live in a Extreme Catholic only country. What's the point of saving the USA from terrorist when Bush will just wreck it?[/quote]

I do think gays should be able to marry if they want, although personally I place absolutely no value on marriage in America.

[quote name='ZarathosNY'][quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']No, those three links show that "Religion of Peace" and "Islam" are synonymous amongst the believers and you are a complete dunce.

I see it now.
:roll:[/quote]

It seems to me PAD that you don't even read the stories you post or the answers you get. Nowhere in the story does it say the Chechens are Muslim. These are rebels who are doing incredible horrible things to try and get the Russians off their backs.
Quackzilla called your arguement racist because you were calling all Muslims terrorists. He was not argueing the point about Muslims calling their religion the religion of peace.[/quote]

Precisely.

So, terrorists are "them," but we have reached a consensus that terrorists target civilians to gain a psychological advantage. Could someone please explain how we have killed four times the number of civilians that were killed in the terrorist attacks of 9/11 in our attacks on military targets in Iraq?

Here are my numbers and sources:
11793 civilian deaths in Iraq caused by military intervention
http://www.iraqbodycount.net/
2819 deaths due to the WTC attacks of 9/11
http://www.newyorkmetro.com/news/articles/wtc/1year/numbers.htm
11793 / 2819 = 4.1833983682156793189074139765874

[quote name='Quackzilla'][quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']That's what the practitioners of Islam call their faith.[/quote]

This is nothing short of pure racism.[/quote]

Damn straight. This crosses the line from "zealous GWB/Republican Party supporter" to "outright racist and bigot".

There's plenty of message boards out there where this kind of stuff will be welcomed. CAG shouldn't be one of them.

And thanks, PAD, for the comments about my 'room temperature IQ'.

I measure temperature on the kelvin scale.

You think my IQ is 298, and thats very flattering. but in reality my IQ is only 277.

[quote name='Quackzilla']And thanks, PAD, for the comments about my 'room temperature IQ'.

I measure temperature on the kelvin scale.

You think my IQ is 298, and thats very flattering. but in reality my IQ is only 277.[/quote]
In the short time that I've been posting, I've noticed that PAD really enjoys derailing threads that are not in line with his thinking. I respect arguments that find holes in my own arguments, but I'm not too sure how much knowledge there is to be gained from arguments like Quackzilla's "room temperature IQ" or my post that I "[didn't] know shit about." That may cut it if you write for a show on Fox News, but I'm here for an actual debate not just entertainment. I guess it's a matter of opinion in the end, but I would personally like to know why my arguments suck so that I may improve them. I would like to issue a challenge to PAD: Bring it on! You may be familiar with that one. :wink:

bread's done
Back