Best/Cheapest HDMI Cable for PS3?

AI03

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, just looking for a good HDMI Cable for my PS3...

Also, are there any other cables I need with my PS3?

Thanks!!!

why did you even post this? a simple search for ps3 hdmi would have netted adequate results.

anyhow i have purchased an hdmi cable from monoprice and I as will everybody else vouch for their quality and promptness.

[quote name='AI03']Hey guys, just looking for a good HDMI Cable for my PS3...

Also, are there any other cables I need with my PS3?

Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

Buy.com has some for 24.99 i think after googlecheckout.

Monoprice is definately the place to get cables. I just purchased an optical cable for my 360 - $7 shipped. Arrived in 2 days. Works like a charm.

Perhaps it's a fluke but just received on Friday an HDMI cable from monoprice for our PS3
Item #2282
It doesn't work, no picture at all...
Will be contacted them tomorrow, hopefully just fluke!

[quote name='donut']Perhaps it's a flook, but just received on Friday an HDMI cable from monoprice for our PS3
Item #2282
It doesn't work, no picture at all...
Will be contacted them tomorrow, hopefully just flook![/QUOTE]
do you get audio? do you have it setup for hdmi?
i doubt its the cable.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']it's his PS3, he has to hold the power button while he starts it. Then it will work.[/quote]

Ok, no audio, TV set to hdmi (already was), ....
hold down what??? the ps button on the controller? already tried that...
the ps3 is a switch and cannot be held down.

TV is a new Sony Bravia XBR

It really appears to be the cable.

Problem solved, called Sony TV then PS3 help (fast, thorough and polite) needed to reset the default settings in the PS3 from the original cable. Sorry for the mistake and thank you for the suggestions.

.....and we still can't believe a frickin adaptor is required to use a ps2 memory card...

oh wow! watching that silly bonus movie...now must use the CC $40 off and get the HD for the 360!

Can anyone who's site savvy w/MP post some direct links to cables for the 360 and PS3? I've got a 1080p sony HDTV, if that matters

These cables optimize the output to their full potential, I gather.. right? Why can't these companies (Sony/M$) just include these fucking things in the boxes. the least they can do for gouging us on the systems.

As, the good old days of $199 consoles. I remember the NES(i think..) and SNES both debuting at that price.. GC too. PS2 was $299 and I believe XBOX was the same...

[quote name='AZPunisher']Can anyone who's site savvy w/MP post some direct links to cables for the 360 and PS3? I've got a 1080p sony HDTV, if that matters

These cables optimize the output to their full potential, I gather.. right? Why can't these companies (Sony/M$) just include these fucking things in the boxes. the least they can do for gouging us on the systems.

As, the good old days of $199 consoles. I remember the NES(i think..) and SNES both debuting at that price.. GC too. PS2 was $299 and I believe XBOX was the same...[/quote]HDMI cable for PS3, $3.80 + shipping: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024004&p_id=2889&seq=1&format=2&style=

The 360 connections are proprietary, so you'll have to look elsewhere for those.

Those are better than SONY cables? or it makes no difference

Got a link for Wii cables, too? Maybe I can combine shipping

thx for the response

[quote name='AZPunisher']Those are better than SONY cables? or it makes no difference

thx for the response[/quote]Wii, like the 360, uses its own cable design that Monoprice doesn't carry.

I suspect Monoprice's cables to actually be of a higher quality than Sony's, not that it matters with an HDMI cable as long as it transmits the signal, you're perfect.

[quote name='AZPunisher']Fantastic. Thanks again!

Now if I can just find Resistance for cheap... :) :) :)[/quote]

buy.com with google checkout - $43 shipped

[quote name='AZPunisher']Those are better than SONY cables? or it makes no difference

thx for the response[/quote] HDMI carries digital signals. As long as the connectors are making good secure contact, it will be perfect.

bread's done
Back