CAGcast needs more guest appearances....

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I don't mind listening to the show every so often, but what I really want to hear is fellow CAG forum members to be guests on the show. It's a great way to know the community more and make making the CAGcast shows harder to make for Cheapy/Wombat.

...and stuff...

and to end on a good note, a picture of popcorn... cuz everyone luvs pop'corn!

Butter-microwave-in-red-bag.jpg

Eh...I don't know about that. Every other time I've heard them bring in anyone, it's really disrupted the chemistry, the conversational element that makes the CAGCast such an excellent counterpoint to podcasts like "1up Yours" and "The Hot Spot". I also tend to think even the 'best' CAG users would either try way too hard or totally freeze up if given a guest shot.

I really don't even want prerecorded Q&A segments. I prefer hearing Cheapy read the questions, not play them. He and Wombat make it interactive enough.

I still say there needs to be a third wrench... these guys bounce dialogue back and forth and tend to agree to easily... let's just say I want an Ebert Roper type of thing going or not... >_< at least some fluxist terminology!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I still say there needs to be a third wrench... these guys bounce dialogue back and forth and tend to agree to easily... let's just say I want an Ebert Roper type of thing going or not... >_< at least some fluxist terminology![/quote]

I read that as "third wench."

Which isn't a bad idea. Not a wench, per se, but a female countervoice. Not the wives (save them for special appearances), but just someone who can counter them and bring them back on target. Cheapy spends enough time reeling in Wombat when he goes off on tangents, so why not have someone else do it? Just something to add balance (and give it more of a "real" radio show feel) and act as a ground.

As far as having Cag'ers on - I'm not sure that is a great idea. I know some of us have been radio DJs so freezing and "on-air familarity" wouldn't be an issue, a rotating guest spot sounds like it would drag the show down too much. Maybe have just one person from cag in on a segment for 2 or 3 minutes, maybe for special deals or "deal of the week" spotlight.

I still like the third wench idea best...

Not a bad idea as long as it's not too often. Once every 10 shows or something. The few that have had guests have been decent, althougth the Joystiq guy seemed a little stiff. Maybe Cheapy aroused him.

You can usually just tell from posting here who would have enough personality to be decent guest.

Not a bad idea as long as it's not too often. Once every 10 shows or something. The few episodes that have had guests have been decent, althougth the Joystiq guy seemed a little stiff. Maybe Cheapy aroused him.

You can usually just tell from posting here who would have enough personality to be decent guest. That usually translates over to how they conduct themselves while talking as soon as any trepidation is out of the way.

Who the hell are we to deserve a slot on the show?

I wouldn't mind epobirs, only so I can rest assured that he does, in fact, sniffle a lot and have a lisp.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I don't mind listening to the show every so often, but what I really want to hear is fellow CAG forum members to be guests on the show. It's a great way to know the community more and make making the CAGcast shows harder to make for Cheapy/Wombat.

...and stuff...

and to end on a good note, a picture of popcorn... cuz everyone luvs pop'corn!

Butter-microwave-in-red-bag.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It sounds like a nice idea
10-15minutes maybe once a month.
Maybe for the cags who provide a lot of deals often (like the early weekly store ads)
Or maybe just randomly select active cags who volunteer to be on.

A "meet your fellow cags" segment would work.

Its not really about chemistry but more about learning about your fellow cag. (backround/likes/dislikes/hypewagon/currently playing/etc)
Could be boring as hell. But then again might be a fun change every so often

bread's done
Back