Clinton in the Hospital

Ikohn4ever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I am not sure if people now this but former President Clinton will be having or have already had, quadrople bypass surgery. I know there is a big rift between Dems and Repubs, but I think everyone can atleast hope for a quick recovery for him.

Michael Savage, "Hell was full so expect a full recovery."

I have no love for Bill Clinton but God apparently isn't ready to cast judgement for him gassing and burning women and children in Waco he swore on a Bible to protect and defend yet.

Oh brother... The cult had tons of weapons and set the place on fire themselves.

This is why religion/cult (they are the same thing) is terrible for this planet.

But if Clinton dies that should raise Kerry's poll ratings.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I have no love for Bill Clinton but God apparently isn't ready to cast judgement for him gassing and burning women and children in Waco he swore on a Bible to protect and defend yet.[/quote]

Is there a video or something of Clinton personaly setting women & children on fire? Last I thought it was the law enforcement the was in Waco...

BTW what's the death toll in Iraq? Just our troops, how many?

[quote name='Quackzilla']Why must you haters be insulting a good man while he is in the hospital?[/quote]

Good? What exactly is your definition of "good"?

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']That's perfectly civil. The man murdered American citizens. You want me to sing shaq'fuing Kumbaya for the murdering bastard?[/quote]

Let me get this straight. We shouldn't have gone after the Branch Davidians (who actually possessed illegal stockpiles of weapons) but we were right to invade Iraq?

You lost me there.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']That's perfectly civil. The man murdered American citizens. You want me to sing shaq'fuing Kumbaya for the murdering bastard?[/quote]

And Bush didn't murder 1000 soldiers in Iraq?

Shaq-fu off.

("Miami Herald," June 23, 2004)

Bill Clinton, whose book My Life hit stores on Tuesday, discusses former Attorney General Janet Reno's role in two controversial raids -- at David Koresh's Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas, where more than 80 died, and the home of Elián González's Miami relatives.

Clinton says Reno ''wanted my OK'' before approving the April 19, 1993, FBI Waco raid. He favored a blockade. ``She countered that the FBI was tired of waiting; that the standoff was costing the government a million dollars a week and tying up law-enforcement resources needed elsewhere. . .and that the possibilities of child sexual abuse and mass suicide were real, because Koresh was crazy. . . .''

``. . . Finally, I told her that if she thought it was the right thing to do, she could go ahead.''

The raid, he writes, went ''terribly wrong.'' Reno ``took full responsibility. As the first woman to hold the attorney general's post, she thought it was important not to pass the buck. By the time I finally talked to the press about Waco, Reno was being praised and I was being criticized for letting her take the fall.''

The final decision was never made because of illegal weapons. The fear was sexual abuse? Mass Suicide? Better to kill them all?

Not only that the Clinton Administration illegally comandeered active duty military hardware for use in a civilian operation in unequivocal violation of the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878.

0 Stat. L., 145

June 18, 1878

CHAP. 263 - An act making appropriations for the support of the Army for the fiscal year ending June thirtieth, eighteen hundred and seventy-nine, and for other purposes.

SEC. 15. From and after the passage of this act it shall not be lawful to employ any part of the Army of the United States, as a posse comitatus, or otherwise, for the purpose of executing the laws, except in such cases and under such circumstances as such employment of said force may be expressly authorized by the Constitution or by act of Congress; and no money appropriated by this act shall be used to pay any of the expenses incurred in the employment of any troops in violation of this section And any person willfully violating the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction thereof shall be punished by fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars or imprisonment not exceeding two years or by both such fine and imprisonment.

10 U.S.C. (United States Code) 375

Sec. 375. Restriction on direct participation by military personnel:

The Secretary of Defense shall prescribe such regulations as may be necessary to ensure that any activity (including the provision of any equipment or facility or the assignment or detail of any personnel) under this chapter does not include or permit direct participation by a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps in a search, seizure, arrest, or other similar activity unless participation in such activity by such member is otherwise authorized by law.

18 U.S.C. 1385

Sec. 1385. Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus

Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

Gen Wesley Clark (Yes, THAT Wesley Clark.) not only played a hidden role in the military-style assault on the Branch Davidians, but easily could have refused to participate in what was a clear violation of the Posse Comitatus Act that bars use of the U.S. military for civilian law-enforcement activities.

Between August 1992 and April 1994, Clark was commander of the 1st Cavalry Division of the Army's III Corps at Fort Hood, Texas. According to a report by the U.S. Department of the Treasury, the list of military personnel and equipment used at Waco included: 15 active-duty military personnel, 13 Texas National Guard personnel, nine Bradley fighting vehicles, five combat-engineer vehicles, one tank-retrieval vehicle and two M1A1 Abrams tanks. Additionally, Fort Hood reportedly was used for much of the training for the bloody attack on the Davidians and their children.

Based on the fact that military equipment from Fort Hood was used in the siege and that training was provided there it is clear the commanding officer of the 1st Cavalry had direct knowledge of the attack and, more likely than not, was involved in the tactical planning.

Clark had to have knowledge about the plan because there is no way anyone could have gotten combat vehicles off that base without his OK. The M1A1 Abrams armor is classified 'Secret,' and maybe even 'Top Secret,' and if it was deployed as muscle for something like Waco there would have been National Firearms Act weapons issues.

Each of these M1A1 Abrams vehicles is armed with a 120 millimeter cannon, a 50-caliber machine gun and two 30-caliber machine guns, which are all very heavily controlled items, requiring controls much like a chain of legal custody. It is of critical importance that such vehicles could not have been moved for use at Waco without Clark's knowledge.

So what if the general was aware that his military equipment was being used against American civilians, and so what if he even participated in the planning? Wasn't he just following orders from above?

To follow that order is to follow a blatantly illegal order of a kind every West Point officer knows is a violation of the Posse Comitatus Act. Clark's obligation was to say, 'No, I'm not going to do it. Sure the Bradley vehicle could have been operated by a civilian, but that's unlikely. This military equipment is very specialized and would be virtually useless in the hands of untrained operators. But just using military equipment against civilians is running way afoul of Posse Comitatus.

Here's the bottom line, Clark and his second in command got the communication from then-governor of Texas Ann Richards, who wanted help with Waco. At that point Clark or [Gen. Peter J.] Schoomaker should have asked themselves, 'Religious community? Civilians, they want our tanks?' and hung up the phone.

These things could not have been done without oversight from a President. No General, Attorney General, governor or even the Secretary of Defense could carry enough clout to make a General break the law like this. Only Clinton bears responsiblity for the murder of these civilians. He's the only one that could have overriden every military and civillian control in this matter.

bread's done
Back