360 JP Backward Compatibility/Region-Free List

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 aeroforce325

aeroforce325

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:42 AM

honestly i havent checked play-asia yet. even if i did i dont have a paypal account to pay with. nor a credit card at the moment.

and as for "I hate to break it to you but I BELIEVE "Magatama" is on that list because MS is going to bring it to the U.S. market exclusively as part of the download service. This is my suspicion at least. "

they didnt add Magatama just recently on the last update. it's practically been there since about 4th or 5th update to that list before the originals service was thought of. there's even a list on wikipedia that someone wrote up which seems to be for multi-regional testing purposes of each game on the list which indicates which region console a particular game works with via backward compatibility updates. how well it can be trusted i dont know.

besides that i really dont know what you been smoking, but the backward compatibility lists intention was to tell gamers which games were now compatible and playable with xbox 360. as in actual physical copies of games....it's not a list telling us what games will be made downloadable via the Xbox originals service. yeah microsoft may just be using the games on that list now to add to the originals service, but only because these games were already made to work with xbox 360 via custom emulators made for each individual game before the Xbox originals service was even conceived.

also think of this. emulators can allow other region games to run on different region hardware. an emulator isnt region specific. making a game run on it can either be easy or difficult. the backward compatibility team at microsoft may not have intended to make magatama backward with U.S. 360 systems, but must have found it easy to bypass region coding and let it stay on the list.

#32 aeroforce325

aeroforce325

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:48 AM

I bought the Asian version of "Magatama" on Play-Asia new for $10. Is it not there anymore? It has been up there for a while.

i checked recently and apparantly you got the last copy. it's listed as out of stock and out of print.

#33 thakingrocka

thakingrocka

El Profesor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:56 AM

you could send off an email to the BC team to ask them about magatama. since they put it on the list, they should be able to answer questions on it.

#34 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:59 AM

i checked recently and apparantly you got the last copy. it's listed as out of stock and out of print.

I bought it a LONG time ago.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#35 aeroforce325

aeroforce325

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

you could send off an email to the BC team to ask them about magatama. since they put it on the list, they should be able to answer questions on it.

i tried that before and all i got was an automated response thanking me for my comments on the updates. i even tried calling the support number and the representative checked on it and couldnt give me a clear cut answer as to whether or not it worked. even after i guess he asked someone else when he put me on hold for about 15 minutes. so yeah one would figure that you could get a clear answer to this question without someone having to manually test and confirm that it will work.

i could try e-mailing the BC team again and i might get a better response out of it, but i'm kinda doubting it, cause even when i make a e-mail requesting certain games be added to the list i still get an automated response along the same lines as the above.

it's an up in the air type of deal, but i'm gonna e-mail them directly after ending this post which will be....now. i'll post back my results soon as i'm guessing i'll get an automated response.

#36 aeroforce325

aeroforce325

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:12 PM

i thought as much would happen though they sent me the automated response for thanking me about my comments about the backward compatibility instead of thanking for my interest in the updates, which i had gotten before as well as this one.

From:"Remote Mailer Fourteen" <rmail14@microsoft.com> To:"Eric" <spider5242@yahoo.com>Date:Tue, 4 Mar 2008 09:02:48 -0800Subject:Xbox 360 Backward Compatibility#message6347169640269420158990686223623031227705 { overflow:auto; visibility:hidden }

Thanks for sending us your comments on Xbox 360 backward compatibility. We've just received your email. While we may not have time to directly respond to your email - we value your input and appreciate your taking the time to send us your thoughts.

If you haven’t already done so, please read the backwards compatibility FAQ at http://www.xbox.com/games/backwardscompatibilityfaq.htm which contains answers to many commonly asked questions.

Sincerely -
Xbox

#37 aeroforce325

aeroforce325

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

hey. figured i'd just check back in this thread. thakingrocka said he was gonna go through the latest BC list entries, which really isnt necessary. i'm just looking for Magatama and Guilty Gear Isuka specifically. ever since my last post i been constantly checking ebay for Magatama or Guilty Gear Isuka. Guilty Gear showed up for xbox this time and a seller apparantly wants $34.99 total for it. i'm not sure if the game can be had for cheaper anywhere else, but web searches for importing sites have basically beaten me back, by either not having xbox or xbox 360 products or simply having weak selections. some also didnt have the games at all, though i did see Magatama at one site. www.toysnjoys.com. they want the full price of the game as though it were just released. meh to them.

so it's been rough going as of late. i'll keep looking and who knows....if i cant Guilty Gear Isuka cheaper anywhere i may just cave and buy it from ebay for $35.99. Magatama seems to be the only tough one to find at a decent price.

#38 thakingrocka

thakingrocka

El Profesor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:16 AM

neither magatama, nor isuka is particularly good.

i played isuka for ps2, and while i like it better than similar games like smash, it's just not as much fun as gg proper.

magatama is rather lackluster. i was expecting more from it, but the combat just isn't that gratifying.

i know these words may not do much to deter you, but i just don't want you to go crazy hunting these things down only to find them to be disappointing. brace yourself.

btw, i forgot to take magatama to my friend's recently. sorry about that.

#39 aeroforce325

aeroforce325

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:26 PM

eh it's cool. as for the games being lackluster. i've played some rather lackluster games before. i already played Culdcept Saga. i find it annoying at points, but i do play it. i've even gone and gotten Magic The Gathering Battlegrounds from the original xbox and i like that as well even though i havent beaten it, cause i'm stuck at a particular battle...i'm sure i have others that people consider lackluster, but i dont mind playing them.

i have spotted magatama at play-asia recently, though they got it priced at a less than desirable price....even for a out of print game and it's used. $49.90. Guilty Gear Isuka on ebay hasnt changed from it's $34.99 total.

#40 thakingrocka

thakingrocka

El Profesor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:34 AM

sorry about the crazy wait. magatama is region-locked. i have the asia edition, and my friend tried it on his american system only to be greeted with the region mismatch message.