Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

drone8888

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Not sure if this is the MSRP.

Saw SF:AC, at Target for $19.

Later today, over at Best Buy, it was $29, so.......?

Not sure if this was posted, or adeal, for that matter, but there you go.

:)

Too bad the xbox controller is horrible for fighting games...

It sucks that PS2 fighting game ports are inferior to DC/Xbox ports though.

[quote name='Gosha']Too bad the xbox controller is horrible for fighting games...

It sucks that PS2 fighting game ports are inferior to DC/Xbox ports though.[/quote]

No serious fighting game fan uses the standard controller to play anyway. Xbox > PS2 for Live play. Woot.

[quote name='peteyrose'][quote name='Gosha']Too bad the xbox controller is horrible for fighting games...

It sucks that PS2 fighting game ports are inferior to DC/Xbox ports though.[/quote]

No serious fighting game fan uses the standard controller to play anyway. Xbox > PS2 for Live play. Woot.[/quote]

Not really considering they have yet to make a fighting game with lag. If SF:AC has no lag I will get an Xbox again

also I would rather play the game a year or even 6 months before someone who waits for the Xbox version

^Yea, I'd rather play the game earlier and then buy it later if it's better on one system or another.

[quote name='Masterkyo']drone8888

Are you sure Target have it for $20 ??[/quote]

yeah, are you sure because i just got it for $24.99 at fry's this evening. it would be a bummer to waste 5 dollars and a little gas since target is right next to me.

Which Target location was this? It's probably YMMV but who knows, could end up being nationwide like the La Pucelle Tactics deal. Although I highly doubt it's $20 everywhere since the game is barely a week old

[quote name='peteyrose']DOA: U has no lag.[/quote]

It has not been released yet and from what I read on Gamespot about the game there were hiccups

Also I am going to Target after school tomorrow and will see if this is YMMV. The other day it was 30

Probably in the wrong spot just like that guy and his post about Sudeki being 20 bucks at Wal-Mart...

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='peteyrose']DOA: U has no lag.[/quote]

It has not been released yet and from what I read on Gamespot about the game there were hiccups

Also I am going to Target after school tomorrow and will see if this is YMMV. The other day it was 30[/quote]

From what I played it was silky smooth.

[quote name='peteyrose'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='peteyrose']DOA: U has no lag.[/quote]

Also I am going to Target after school tomorrow and will see if this is YMMV. The other day it was 30[/quote]

From what I played it was silky smooth.[/quote]

I hope it is. I hate DOA, but it means that others may be able to follow in their footsteps.

for anyone who doesn't know already, Microsoft does NOT host any servers. You are paying $50 for xbox live and it's just a really expensive buddy list fyi..

the ps2 does the same thing for free..no online fighters yet but we'll see how it plays out with mk deception

[quote name='Gosha']Too bad the xbox controller is horrible for fighting games...

Kind of funny how everyone seems to love the ps2 controllers for fighting games this generation. I remember hating the ps1 controller compared to the superior saturn one. I mean, there is a reason the SFA controllers look like the satrun ones.

I rather wait for the XBox version with online play as well. But that's just me.

Did someone say DOA:U has no lag? I may just screw my budget if thats true. I didn't get much lag in Capcom vs SNK 2 half the nights, but the other halfs were iffy.

... and why are we getting into the controller debate again? Magicbox anyone? I use my PS1 controller to play on XBox live against other people. What we need is the saturn controller baby.

Or use our handy converters with the new Street Fighter Controller, which for all practical purposes is a Saturn controller.

And people always wondered why I chose a Saturn over a PS back in the day.

[quote name='pinoy530'][quote name='Gosha']Too bad the xbox controller is horrible for fighting games...

Kind of funny how everyone seems to love the ps2 controllers for fighting games this generation. I remember hating the ps1 controller compared to the superior saturn one. I mean, there is a reason the SFA controllers look like the satrun ones.[/quote]All I gotta say is X-ARCADE, MOTHERSHAQ-FUAAAAAAA

ps1 and ps2 sucks for fighting games and especially STREET fighter games.

WHY?

Its simple.

the direction pad is split up into 4 seperate peices so when u go for that uppercut or the harder moves that require a nice circlurlar motion its harder to execute.

The SNES controller was the perfect fighting controller.

And plus it was SOFT made out of rubber direction pad that was on a circular base to easily perform street fighter moves.

The xbox is even worse then the ps1/ps2 So just buy a Ps2 adapter so u can play Xbox games with your ps2 controller. (they are about 8-12bucks)

As for the whole lag issue, I've played a few dozen rounds of Capcom Vs. SNK 2, and even with the worst connections where our voices broke up with every word, the game played quite smoothly. My trust is with Capcom on this one. Now, Guilty Gear X2 game out today, let's see how that is...

[quote name='Ivanhoe']ps1 and ps2 sucks for fighting games and especially STREET fighter games.

WHY?

Its simple.

the direction pad is split up into 4 seperate peices so when u go for that uppercut or the harder moves that require a nice circlurlar motion its harder to execute.

And plus it was SOFT made out of rubber direction pad that was on a circular base to easily perform street fighter moves.

The xbox is even worse then the ps1/ps2 So just buy a Ps2 adapter so u can play Xbox games with your ps2 controller. (they are about 8-12bucks)[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'd use the new SF controller anyway.

[quote name='whitereflection'][quote name='Ivanhoe']ps1 and ps2 sucks for fighting games and especially STREET fighter games.

WHY?

Its simple.

The xbox is even worse then the ps1/ps2 So just buy a Ps2 adapter so u can play Xbox games with your ps2 controller. (they are about 8-12bucks)[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'd use the new SF controller anyway.[/quote]

How limited are the SF controllers going to be?

[quote name='Ivanhoe']

[/quote]

No it wasn't, the original Sega Saturn controller is the perfect fighting controller, even the limited edition street fighter controllers that they are releasing look like the Saturn ones.

In any case, I highly recommend the XArcade. I have one with the converters for Xbox, PS2 and Dreamcast, and its excellent for all the fighting games.

[quote name='rgam2000']
In any case, I highly recommend the XArcade. I have one with the converters for Xbox, PS2 and Dreamcast, and its excellent for all the fighting games.[/quote] I'll second that!

How's the adaptor for Xbox? I just got an Xbox, so I'll be getting the Xarcade adaptor for it real soon. I heard some random site say that it was somehow "incompatible" with Xbox LIVE, but I think they were just referring to using the headset. Any light you can shed on that?

I don't think it can be disputed that the best first party controller for fighters was the second model US Saturn pads. The PS1/PS2 pad is ok but not perfect, about the only games I've played on one that controlled perfectly were the Tekken series. The Xbox controller is just bad for fighting games.

Arcade sticks are fine but almost all of my friends have trouble actually using one, as there are no arcades around here. Although if i ever had an extra $100 to blow for an arcade stick I would certainly look into it.

[quote name='Mafia']I don't think it can be disputed that the best first party controller for fighters was the second model US Saturn pads. The PS1/PS2 pad is ok but not perfect, about the only games I've played on one that controlled perfectly were the Tekken series. The Xbox controller is just bad for fighting games.

Arcade sticks are fine but almost all of my friends have trouble actually using one, as there are no arcades around here. Although if i ever had an extra $100 to blow for an arcade stick I would certainly look into it.[/quote] I know what you mean, I have a sweet-ass arcade stick but my loser friends always ask to use a D-pad instead. Uneducated fools.

For me it depends on what's around, too. When I first got XvSF I was lost playing on a pad after about 6 months of sticks. Now I would probably suck in an arcade because there are none left in Connecticut (at least none that I would even bother going to).

Well, I'm headed back in a few moments.

When I get back, I'll let you know if it's just marked wrong.
It was in the Greatest Hits section, not even behind glass.

I'll scan the receipt, if they still have it.

:)

As far as gamepads... I actually really LIKE the X-Box controller S for fighting games... I dunno, it just feels comfortable to me. At the same time, though, I fucking hate arcade controllers.

All I can say is that everytime I played CVS2 on Live I was hitting the Start button on accident at least once per match, thus annoying the living hell out of me. If they moved Start and Back it wouldn't be quite as bad.

[quote name='drone8888']Well, I'm headed back in a few moments.

When I get back, I'll let you know if it's just marked wrong.
It was in the Greatest Hits section, not even behind glass.

I'll scan the receipt, if they still have it.

:)[/quote]

Games in that section are 29.99 and less

I'm a little late getting to this. But Streetfighter OWNS DOA anyday, even with lag. You cant even compare the two because 3rd Strikes fighting engine is so much more technical than DoA's mashing. DoA might have technology in graphics over 3s...but its just not a worthwhile fighting game to even get good at.

BTW, if you want a real arcade stick, DO NOT waste your money on an X-Arcade. Theres way too much lag on that stick. It just makes it even harder to play X-Box live. If you are actually a fighting game enthusiast, go get yourself a MasStick. www.massystems.com

[quote name='ChWMeiNThG']I'm a little late getting to this. But Streetfighter OWNS DOA anyday, even with lag. You cant even compare the two because 3rd Strikes fighting engine is so much more technical than DoA's mashing. DoA might have technology in graphics over 3s...but its just not a worthwhile fighting game to even get good at.

BTW, if you want a real arcade stick, DO NOT waste your money on an X-Arcade. Theres way too much lag on that stick. It just makes it even harder to play X-Box live. If you are actually a fighting game enthusiast, go get yourself a MasStick. www.massystems.com[/quote]

MasStick? More like AssStick! Ha ha haaaaaa!
I sense no lag whatsoever on my X-Arcade, so no-one should be scared off. They actually provide instructions for REDUCING responsiveness cause some people find it TOO sensitive. It's especially nice when you have multiple consoles, so you only have to buy a new adapter for $20 and WHAMMO, you've got 2 new X-arcade controllers for your new console.

[quote name='BustaUppa'][quote name='rgam2000']
In any case, I highly recommend the XArcade. I have one with the converters for Xbox, PS2 and Dreamcast, and its excellent for all the fighting games.[/quote] I'll second that!

How's the adaptor for Xbox? I just got an Xbox, so I'll be getting the Xarcade adaptor for it real soon. I heard some random site say that it was somehow "incompatible" with Xbox LIVE, but I think they were just referring to using the headset. Any light you can shed on that?[/quote]

Xarcade is a terrible stick, terrible. I feel sorry for anyone that bought one thinking it is good, when there are far superior sticks for the same price.

[quote name='BustaUppa'][quote name='ChWMeiNThG']I'm a little late getting to this. But Streetfighter OWNS DOA anyday, even with lag. You cant even compare the two because 3rd Strikes fighting engine is so much more technical than DoA's mashing. DoA might have technology in graphics over 3s...but its just not a worthwhile fighting game to even get good at.

BTW, if you want a real arcade stick, DO NOT waste your money on an X-Arcade. Theres way too much lag on that stick. It just makes it even harder to play X-Box live. If you are actually a fighting game enthusiast, go get yourself a MasStick. www.massystems.com[/quote]

I sense no lag whatsoever on my X-Arcade, so no-one should be scared off. They actually provide instructions for REDUCING responsiveness cause some people find it TOO sensitive. It's especially nice when you have multiple consoles, so you only have to buy a new adapter for $20 and WHAMMO, you've got 2 new X-arcade controllers for your new console.[/quote]

You must not play fighting games very competitively. Everyone in the the whole fighting game scene knows X-Arcades for being piles of shit. I had one, with a DC and X-Box converter. Both lagged ass, and timing is essential in games like 3rd strike, CvS2, and MvC2. X-Arcade's stupid instructions say that you can move the microswitches more inward to make it more sensitive and the throw shorter. That has nothing to do with the lag that it makes because it has to go through their converters. Who cares if its a dual stick, unless you and your friends are all small people, its uncomfortable to play on that shit. Anyays, you probrably havent used a MasStick with a 360 stick on it with convex comp. buttons. You probrably dont even know what I'm talking about, newbie.

People, if you're serious about fighting games, don't buy an X-Arcade. Get at least a custom stick directly for the system that the fighting game is on, or just goto the arcade.

[quote name='peteyrose']DOA: U has no lag.[/quote]

Its amazing how you know this considering that It hasn't been released yet.

Can you see into the future and tell me when you are going to get a life?

And how in the world does this relate to SF: AE ?

For all we know the xbox version will have lag, if thats what you were getting at. Who cares, buy it now or don't.

[quote name='Rig']People use the regular controllers for fighting games?!?[/quote]

I play Capcom vs SNK2 all the time with my Gamecube Controller!

[quote name='ChWMeiNThG'][quote name='BustaUppa'][quote name='ChWMeiNThG']I'm a little late getting to this. But Streetfighter OWNS DOA anyday, even with lag. You cant even compare the two because 3rd Strikes fighting engine is so much more technical than DoA's mashing. DoA might have technology in graphics over 3s...but its just not a worthwhile fighting game to even get good at.

I sense no lag whatsoever on my X-Arcade, so no-one should be scared off. They actually provide instructions for REDUCING responsiveness cause some people find it TOO sensitive. It's especially nice when you have multiple consoles, so you only have to buy a new adapter for $20 and WHAMMO, you've got 2 new X-arcade controllers for your new console.[/quote]

You must not play fighting games very competitively. Everyone in the the whole fighting game scene knows X-Arcades for being piles of shit. I had one, with a DC and X-Box converter. Both lagged ass, and timing is essential in games like 3rd strike, CvS2, and MvC2. X-Arcade's stupid instructions say that you can move the microswitches more inward to make it more sensitive and the throw shorter. That has nothing to do with the lag that it makes because it has to go through their converters. Who cares if its a dual stick, unless you and your friends are all small people, its uncomfortable to play on that shit. Anyays, you probrably havent used a MasStick with a 360 stick on it with convex comp. buttons. You probrably dont even know what I'm talking about, newbie.

People, if you're serious about fighting games, don't buy an X-Arcade. Get at least a custom stick directly for the system that the fighting game is on, or just goto the arcade.[/quote]

And thus, the eternal struggle of "newbie" vs "elitist hard-on" rages on...

Game pads arn't for fighting games, joysticks are.

Don't EVER get an X-Arcade, rediculous. I bought a Hori Real Arcade Pro last month for $60 (during vacation in Asia), it is simply the best joystick there is out there, it's pretty much exactly the same as the Japanese cabinet's joysticks. Uses a Sanwa stick.

For SF:AC, get the Xbox one, for Xbox Live action.

bread's done
Back