Steel Battalion for $100 at gamestop/eb

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:32 PM

it is really too bad Capcom took out the sever for the expansion pack.

You've got to be kidding me! I just bought the expansion about 6 months ago but haven't gotten online yet since my original Xbox "incapable" and was waiting till I could find a new original Xbox.

:cry:

#32 fairtrade

fairtrade

Minor Circuit Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:22 PM

Can anyone verify the current GC price? I've seen that box set at 2 GCs and have a lot of credit to burn up. It was marked at $200 and I didn't ask for a price check.

#33 FrankieFiero

FrankieFiero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:36 PM

I still have mine sealed in a factory Capcom shipping box. One day i'm gonna pop that bitch open. Wish online didn't die though they should make it 360 compatible. I'm still looking for the guide though so if anyone has one for sale PM me.

This game will never make the 360 backcompat list - it would require M$ to make an adapter that would make XBox controllers 360 compatible. It's a shame too, I really like the game.

#34 ziria

ziria

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:47 PM

If anyone can find one for $100 at ebgames let me know, I'd like to get one, none in my area have it, they all laughed at me when I called :(

#35 bookishboy

bookishboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:06 PM

I think that you can still play this game online/Live.

Capcom shut down the servers for this, but that was only related to the "campaign" mode where players would fight battles in an ongoing simulated war which would be re-set every so often.

If you get Line of Contact, you should still be able to play head-to-head games online; they just won't be part of a larger developing meta-game.

#36 Indonesia

Indonesia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:19 PM

I still have mine sealed in a factory Capcom shipping box. One day i'm gonna pop that bitch open. Wish online didn't die though they should make it 360 compatible. I'm still looking for the guide though so if anyone has one for sale PM me.

same here. I have open mine yet.

#37 Serialkilla

Serialkilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:45 PM

I bought a used/complete one at EB right before Christmas for $40 after Edge discount. WELL worh it.

#38 bookishboy

bookishboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:09 PM

I'm planning on eventually picking up several original XBOX consoles and using System Link to hook them together so we (as a family) can play some of the cool games that support System Link gameplay. And, even if I eventually do this, I doubt there would ever be a chance to run across that many Steel Battalion setups...lol. :}~~~

I have 3 Steel Battalion + controller sets sacked away just for this purpose. 2 of them even have their original cardboard ammo box and all packaging :)

#39 lunchboxfett

lunchboxfett

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:18 PM

I bought a used/complete one at EB right before Christmas for $40 after Edge discount. WELL worh it.

I bet I know what store you bought it from. I passed on it when I saw it at 50.00. Just didn't know what I would do with it.

#40 fraggedbylaggers

fraggedbylaggers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:07 AM

I'm waiting until it drops to $50. I dont think its going anywhere for $100 at my GS.
Posted Image

#41 JunkyardGod

JunkyardGod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:18 AM

IIRC, they shut down the servers for the online game. That means, you are almost guaranteed to be playing with yourself.

I'd probably pick one up if I could get it for $50. I've never been a mech fan myself, especially if they are slow going. (And they are.)

what ever happened to XBconnect?

did that site finally shut down?
"I see you headless, with me carressing your neck."

#42 X-616

X-616

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:26 AM

I think that you can still play this game online/Live.

Capcom shut down the servers for this, but that was only related to the "campaign" mode where players would fight battles in an ongoing simulated war which would be re-set every so often.

If you get Line of Contact, you should still be able to play head-to-head games online; they just won't be part of a larger developing meta-game.

That is unfortunate to hear. I would have bought this game years ago if it weren't for the $200 price tag.

#43 jerm78

jerm78

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:07 PM

I bought it like 5 months ago for $80 used at EB. Cool game.

#44 fairtrade

fairtrade

Minor Circuit Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:10 PM

Confirmed that SB is $89.99 used at GameCrazy and amazingly still $199.99 new. I guess the used units at my local GC stores were considered 'open but new'. Meh.

#45 sheppyboy2000

sheppyboy2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:48 AM

If someone can snag a copy locally, let me know. I'd gladly pay the $100 plus shipping. nd for your trouble, I may chuck in a game or two.

#46 DefaultGen

DefaultGen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:28 AM

Wow, I'd pick that up if my store had it! (But I have $100s in EB-Credit :-( )

The only thing deterring me from buying that thing is it's shipping cost.