Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins (English language Version) for 20 bones

It's usually more than that? I picked it up for the same price at a Fred Meyer's when I was up in Oregon over the holidays.

Fun game, and while not as hard as some of the earlier G&Gs, still, expect to die alot.

[quote name='Purkeynator']I like it. Looks like it comes with a d-pad enhancement too.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know how well the d-pad enhancement works? I just got a psp yesterday and I'm not too fond of the d-pad on the unit (I won't even get into what I think of the analog nub).

If it is like the Tekken one then it does and admirable job of increasing the responsiveness of the d-pad. I can now pull off hadukens with ease on Street Fighter.

[quote name='rperez1025']Does anyone know how well the d-pad enhancement works? I just got a psp yesterday and I'm not too fond of the d-pad on the unit (I won't even get into what I think of the analog nub).[/quote]

Anyone?

I've been waiting for UG&G to drop to 19.99 at Best Buy, but I could convince myself to get this instead if the D-pad thingy is helpful. I just don't see myself taping a quarter to my PSP.

[quote name='blandstalker']Anyone?

I've been waiting for UG&G to drop to 19.99 at Best Buy, but I could convince myself to get this instead if the D-pad thingy is helpful. I just don't see myself taping a quarter to my PSP.[/QUOTE]

The D-pad is VERY helpful. I bought a third party one from Play-asia, and while I do sometimes have to recenter it, it improves every game that utilizes the d-pad, and makes games with complex controller motions, such as SFA3Max, DSChaos Tower, and GG Judegement, MUCH less frustrating. The official Capcom d-pad is likely of an even better quality, and a hekk of a lot better than a taped quarter.

[quote name='rebenns']The D-pad is VERY helpful. I bought a third party one from Play-asia, and while I do sometimes have to recenter it, it improves every game that utilizes the d-pad, and makes games with complex controller motions, such as SFA3Max, DSChaos Tower, and GG Judegement, MUCH less frustrating. The official Capcom d-pad is likely of an even better quality, and a hekk of a lot better than a taped quarter.[/QUOTE]

Crap, that will probably make me bite the bullet and get one from Play-Asia. The only thing I'm worried about now is ordering the game and not getting the attachment.

Darn you CAG for making me spend, err save, more money!

Seriously, save your money and do the mod in my link.

You cut a piece in a plus shape out of an old NES cart sleeve (0.5mm thick) and hot glue it on the back of the d-pad rocker so it sits between the rocker and the rubber pad like a shim. It can be removed if you don't want it on there anymore.

It's a clean and simple process that shows no physical signs of the d-pad being modded, since all the improvements are done inside the handheld. The only thing this mod does is heighten the d-pad so the d-pad has more travel and diagonals register with less pressure. And all the materials needed should be in any average gamer's possesion already. You just need a razorblade, NES sleeve (or any material 0.5mm thick), set of precision screwdrivers (like for the kind of screws on a wristwatch caseback), scotch tape, and hot glue (since hot glue can be cleaned off easier than Super Glue if you decide you don't like the mod).

bread's done
Back