Here you go all CAG. Hope you all like it

http://www.play-asia...en-70-1i92.html
Posted Image

#2 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:59 AM

I like it. Looks like it comes with a d-pad enhancement too.
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#3 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:24 AM

Waiting for BB or CC price drop ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#4 squinky

squinky

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:25 PM

It's usually more than that? I picked it up for the same price at a Fred Meyer's when I was up in Oregon over the holidays.

Fun game, and while not as hard as some of the earlier G&Gs, still, expect to die alot.

#5 Rage Goblin

Rage Goblin

The Hardest of Core

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:06 PM

I bit. $20 is cheap enough for me, especially since I was ordering some other stuff from Play-Asia anyway.

Thanks, OP.

#6 rperez1025

rperez1025

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:12 PM

I like it. Looks like it comes with a d-pad enhancement too.

Does anyone know how well the d-pad enhancement works? I just got a psp yesterday and I'm not too fond of the d-pad on the unit (I won't even get into what I think of the analog nub).

#7 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:03 PM

If it is like the Tekken one then it does and admirable job of increasing the responsiveness of the d-pad. I can now pull off hadukens with ease on Street Fighter.
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#8 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:03 PM

Does anyone know how well the d-pad enhancement works? I just got a psp yesterday and I'm not too fond of the d-pad on the unit (I won't even get into what I think of the analog nub).

Anyone?

I've been waiting for UG&G to drop to 19.99 at Best Buy, but I could convince myself to get this instead if the D-pad thingy is helpful. I just don't see myself taping a quarter to my PSP.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#9 rebenns

rebenns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:17 PM

Anyone?

I've been waiting for UG&G to drop to 19.99 at Best Buy, but I could convince myself to get this instead if the D-pad thingy is helpful. I just don't see myself taping a quarter to my PSP.

The D-pad is VERY helpful. I bought a third party one from Play-asia, and while I do sometimes have to recenter it, it improves every game that utilizes the d-pad, and makes games with complex controller motions, such as SFA3Max, DSChaos Tower, and GG Judegement, MUCH less frustrating. The official Capcom d-pad is likely of an even better quality, and a hekk of a lot better than a taped quarter.

#10 rperez1025

rperez1025

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:26 PM

The D-pad is VERY helpful. I bought a third party one from Play-asia, and while I do sometimes have to recenter it, it improves every game that utilizes the d-pad, and makes games with complex controller motions, such as SFA3Max, DSChaos Tower, and GG Judegement, MUCH less frustrating. The official Capcom d-pad is likely of an even better quality, and a hekk of a lot better than a taped quarter.

Crap, that will probably make me bite the bullet and get one from Play-Asia. The only thing I'm worried about now is ordering the game and not getting the attachment.

Darn you CAG for making me spend, err save, more money!

#11 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:58 PM

The NTSC-U/C version is $20 @ eStarland.com. I think shipping is $4 though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:31 AM

Voids the warranty, but it's the ultimate solution. Can't see it either since it's internally applied:

http://ufighterx.com.../pspdpadfix.htm

#13 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:48 AM

is the same as the SFA3 preorder bonus? That one can't be removed and void yours your warranty.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#14 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:04 AM

Seriously, save your money and do the mod in my link.

You cut a piece in a plus shape out of an old NES cart sleeve (0.5mm thick) and hot glue it on the back of the d-pad rocker so it sits between the rocker and the rubber pad like a shim. It can be removed if you don't want it on there anymore.

It's a clean and simple process that shows no physical signs of the d-pad being modded, since all the improvements are done inside the handheld. The only thing this mod does is heighten the d-pad so the d-pad has more travel and diagonals register with less pressure. And all the materials needed should be in any average gamer's possesion already. You just need a razorblade, NES sleeve (or any material 0.5mm thick), set of precision screwdrivers (like for the kind of screws on a wristwatch caseback), scotch tape, and hot glue (since hot glue can be cleaned off easier than Super Glue if you decide you don't like the mod).