[Canada] LotR: Battle for Middle Earth II - $20, NHL 07 - $25, Ridge Racer 6 - $10

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Compusmart has 'em both at those prices. However, I heard people are runnign into issues getting them online and the store locations are closing down and/or too far from many locations. Just print out the page and price match at Best Buy or Future Shop who have it for $50 - $60.

LotR: BfMEII (360)
http://www.compusmart.com/Product/Default.aspx?SupplierPartNo=401918

NHL 07 (360)
http://www.compusmart.com/Product/Default.aspx?SupplierPartNo=401928

Edit: New game, RR6 for $10
Ridge Racer 6 (360)
http://www.compusmart.com/Product/Default.aspx?SupplierPartNo=202006

Source:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4515661&posted=1#post4515661

CompuSmart took down the pages. You can try using these screenshots I took if you'd like:

Just went into Offline Mode and took screenshots for those who want to print out and attempt a price match:

Well I just came from futureshop and the price match worked wonderfully. I got LOTR BFME2 for $17.99 and Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for $23.59. I actually saved the compusmart lotr webpage in pdf format since I needed to transfer it to another computer for printing, I know I still have the file and will post a link to it when I get back home.

PS - FS also had many copies of WoW Burning Crusade CE edition. So I snatched one up as well. As much as I hate WoW, I can't pass up the chance to make some money on ebay.

Ok here is the pdf (used the firefox print command to get this so this is what the page looks like when its printed, just in pdf form):
http://rapidshare.com/files/12316032/CompuSmart.com_-_Product_Information_-_Lord_of_the_Rings_Batt...pdf.html

About the multiples it might vary store to store but the employees at my BBV in Fredericton said they are allowed to take two copies of the same game but no more.

NHL 2007, it's 24.99 after instant rebate. So if I bring this ad to future shop or best buy, will they still give me it for 24.99 + 10% off like they promise on their website?

[quote name='GuardianFlash']NHL 2007, it's 24.99 after instant rebate. So if I bring this ad to future shop or best buy, will they still give me it for 24.99 + 10% off like they promise on their website?[/quote]

They should. Instant rebate is just another word for discount.

Apparently Walmart doesnt. They wouldn't give it to me. And futureshop didnt have it in stock, any other suggestions?

[quote name='magiic']Apparently Walmart doesnt. They wouldn't give it to me. And futureshop didnt have it in stock, any other suggestions?[/quote]

Best Buy, Zellers, Toys R Us.

There is no best buy that I know of on the island. I'll see if I can get a ride down to Toys 'R' Us sometime maybe they'll do it.

[quote name='Firestorm']They should. Instant rebate is just another word for discount.[/quote]

That's what I thought till I was denied at 3 different futureshops and 2 best buys.....a couple didn't even believe the company existed and refused to check. Wal-mart did not price match either. If you can get it done you are lucky. For some reason futureshops and best buys are even refusing to call anymore and stating they have to have a physical flyer....this is also the info I got at wal-mart.

[quote name='supergrover99']That's what I thought till I was denied at 3 different futureshops and 2 best buys.....a couple didn't even believe the company existed and refused to check. Wal-mart did not price match either. If you can get it done you are lucky. For some reason futureshops and best buys are even refusing to call anymore and stating they have to have a physical flyer....this is also the info I got at wal-mart.[/quote]

laaaaaaaayme

that sucks.

[quote name='magiic']There is no best buy that I know of on the island. I'll see if I can get a ride down to Toys 'R' Us sometime maybe they'll do it.[/quote]

I find the toys r us one of the worst for price matching. It is probably the manager but, they need a physical flyer and only call to confirm stock not the price. I once got an item price matched and then a 20 min lecture about how it was a collector's item and how I was getting such a deal.....meanwhile it was just a regular toy. If you are going to try toys r us...pray you get a friendly manager and I wouldnt' even attempt it without some sort of flyer or print out.

[quote name='supergrover99']That's what I thought till I was denied at 3 different futureshops and 2 best buys.....a couple didn't even believe the company existed and refused to check. Wal-mart did not price match either. If you can get it done you are lucky. For some reason futureshops and best buys are even refusing to call anymore and stating they have to have a physical flyer....this is also the info I got at wal-mart.[/quote]

I guess anyone can create ads these days. People can use photoshop and create some fake ad that would look like real.

[quote name='supergrover99']I find the toys r us one of the worst for price matching. It is probably the manager but, they need a physical flyer and only call to confirm stock not the price. I once got an item price matched and then a 20 min lecture about how it was a collector's item and how I was getting such a deal.....meanwhile it was just a regular toy. If you are going to try toys r us...pray you get a friendly manager and I wouldnt' even attempt it without some sort of flyer or print out.[/quote]

That's rediculous.
The people at my FutureShop once even price-matched for DVDPacific (online-American Company).

bread's done
Back