New Hampshire thread

360CoreGaMer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Hey,

I know there has to be some people from NH on this board, where are some good places to check out for video games?

a great place to find some retro gaming systems, but not for prices is a little place called Game Spin located in somersworth NH.

I live near Keene, and we don't have too much here. There is an EB and GS in Keene as well as one place that sells used games. Their prices are really high, but every once in a great while they will have a something good.

TBW

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']I live near Keene, and we don't have too much here. There is an EB and GS in Keene as well as one place that sells used games. Their prices are really high, but every once in a great while they will have a something good.

TBW[/quote]

Thats close to me than, I think Manch Vegas

Well im brand new here but i live in seabrook.Been getting classic games in the wild on the cheap ...besides that BB/gamestop...even walmart for nds games.

TRU in salem has texas hold em poker and bust a move DS for 19.99 ... i think both are hard to find.And i picked up a copy of s gunstar heroes GBA there for under 10 bucks.

Anyone know where to get a wii in NH particularly around Portsmouth or Somersworth?

I'm leaving for a few days, but send me a PM please so I can have someone check for me.

[quote name='zer0-cool']Dude i have not seen a wii anywhere at all.[/QUOTE]

Hehe ... when they had that re-launch in late January my family split between the Best Buy and Circuit City in Nashua (love that convenient setup!) - my wife and older son missed out on the CC, but my younger son and I got #24 of 28 systems !

[quote name='txa1265']Hehe ... when they had that re-launch in late January my family split between the Best Buy and Circuit City in Nashua (love that convenient setup!) - my wife and older son missed out on the CC, but my younger son and I got #24 of 28 systems ![/quote]
Wow, you live really close to me. I go to that Best Buy all the time. I got my Wii at the Target in Pheasant Lane Mall on launch day. Were you at that Circuit City for the clearance a long while back? I might have actually seen you there. I remember talking to somebody about hearing about the clearance online. Then I gave him the list of games on clearance. Was dat you1?!?!1?!?!

[quote name='360CoreGaMer']Hey,

I know there has to be some people from NH on this board, where are some good places to check out for video games?

a great place to find some retro gaming systems, but not for prices is a little place called Game Spin located in somersworth NH.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been in Game Spin since they first started going. They must be doing good business if they're still open with that Gamestop open a few miles away.

What happened to the other NH thread? And I gotta say, it's pretty awsome seeing more NH CAGs.

I'm in Rochester by the way.

[quote name='d00k']Wow, you live really close to me. I go to that Best Buy all the time. I got my Wii at the Target in Pheasant Lane Mall on launch day. Were you at that Circuit City for the clearance a long while back? I might have actually seen you there. I remember talking to somebody about hearing about the clearance online. Then I gave him the list of games on clearance. Was dat you1?!?!1?!?![/QUOTE]

Not likely - because I work down in Marlborough, MA, so my Best Buy of choice is at Solomon Pond (~5 mins away) and Circuit City either Searstown or Natick.

Mike

Im close to Concord, and there is nothing there but a Best Buy, Circuit City, and an EB. so its pretty much standard prices all the time, i wish the North East would get some sort of region only gaming store.

[quote name='Fancyketchup25']Im close to Concord, and there is nothing there but a Best Buy, Circuit City, and an EB. so its pretty much standard prices all the time, i wish the North East would get some sort of region only gaming store.[/quote]

I would settle for any of the chains that are elsewhere in the country...like Gamecrazy, Gamerush or Rhino (which is gone now).

I have to get all my gaming fix at GS. One is good in Keene and the other one sucks ass. I can't even stand to wander through the store....the entire staff is completely useless. End of rant on this.

TBW

Not really a video game deal, but the Movie Scene in Nashua is selling a ton of really new movies for about $10 bucks. I just grabbed Smokin' Aces there the other day. They're selling fast though.

I heard through the grape vine that Gamespin in Somersworth moved to like Kittery or something. Do any of you guys know if this is true or not?

[quote name='d00k']I didn't even know we had a Gamespin...[/QUOTE]

It's just some local game shop affiliated with The Video Game Exchange in Plaistaue(spelling?). They only good thing they offered was old school stuff, but the prices weren't too good.

its plaistow and they ARE over priced and where is the movie scene in nashua? anyone around able to find mario tennis not at gs or eb

Video Game Exchange is neat to go in and look, but the prices are awful. You're better off going to the pawn shop across from Walmart, they actually have some good games there on occassion. I got MGS2 Substance and MGS3 Subsistence there for $16 total, pawn shops kick ass (and I've gotten other stuff there too, just too lazy to make the effort to list).

[quote name='Animal7390']where is the movie scene in nashua?[/quote]

I'm actually not entirely sure...

...now that I think about it, I'm not even sure it was in Nashua...

im from brattleboro vermont next to the border of nh and there is a great gs in hinsdale nh right next to the vermont border this id the biggest gamestop ive ever been to and the staff is half bad either

[quote name='Animal7390']the closest one to nashua is in milford and i go there all the time[/quote]

To the left of the building, is there a small parking lot and then a Toadstool bookstore?

[quote name='troll_tracka']im from brattleboro vermont next to the border of nh and there is a great gs in hinsdale nh right next to the vermont border this id the biggest gamestop ive ever been to and the staff is half bad either[/quote]

I've been to this store, its huge. By far, the largest GS that I have ever been in. The staff has always seemed kind of meh to me, but its better than some of the other incompetent idiots I've seen around.

TBW

Anyone here ever been to one of the Cash Exchange stores? I keep seeing thier annoying commercial, and everytime I do I wonder if they have any good game deals.

I live in Concord so I got some decent big box retailers, dunno of any low key ones though...back up north (Twin Mountain/ Bretton Woods) we have only a Wal-Mart that's an hour away :/.

If anybody needs/wants a Wii, RUN to the TRU in Salem, NH. They had like 15 left 30 minutes ago. They were picked clean of all the b2g1 Wii games though.

hey guys, I'm in Hanover. I do most of my game shopping in West Lebanon at GS, BB, and WM. I'm currently looking for Rock Band, it's not available anywhere in West Leb, except at K-Mart for PS3. Suckkks

In case anyone needs the Rock Band bundle for 360, I confirmed by phone that the Wal-Mart in Plymouth and Claremont have more than 1 each. I'm going to pick one up after work.

Plymouth had 5+, Claremont only had 1 or 2 and is closer, so I'm going to call and confirm one more time before I leave.

Claremont ended up having about 10 360 RB bundles last night. 9 after I left :D

It's weird that there's so many there but absolutely none in all of West Leb. 4 stores all sold out.

Does anybody know of a good TV repair place within reasonable distance of Brookline? I've got weird sploches on my HDtv and I was told by a relative to try and get it degaussed.

I don't know if tv repair places normally do this, but is there any chance at all they'd send someone to my house? It's going to be a bitch trying to safely put this this in my car...

[quote name='Zurich']hey guys, I'm in Hanover. I do most of my game shopping in West Lebanon at GS, BB, and WM. I'm currently looking for Rock Band, it's not available anywhere in West Leb, except at K-Mart for PS3. Suckkks[/quote]

Sweet, I used to live out in Hanover up until 2002. All we had back then was the KMart and a BJ's in West Leb. Good to see they're expanding.

I live in Rindge, so I tend to go to Keene or Nashua for my games. It's about 35 minutes to Keene and about 75 minutes to Nashua.

[quote name='Animal7390']where did you get your tv and how old is it?[/quote]

I ordered it from Phillip's online. I got it used (yeah stupid, I know), so I have no idea how old it is.

Keene gamer here, though I'm from Derry.

The amount of locations available in Manchester is decent, though it's all gamestops by now. Keene isn't quite as good, with a target, a circuit city, and 2 gamestops.

I'm going to give the one in Hindsdale a try soon though, after hearing about it on here.

[quote name='L0RDTemplar']Keene gamer here, though I'm from Derry.

The amount of locations available in Manchester is decent, though it's all gamestops by now. Keene isn't quite as good, with a target, a circuit city, and 2 gamestops.

I'm going to give the one in Hindsdale a try soon though, after hearing about it on here.[/quote]

Well, glad to hear there's something at least. I'll be going to FPU next year, so I'll be in Keene a lot.

bread's done
Back