Site suggestion: Jump to menu at the top of each page

Scrubking

CAGiversary!
CheapyD,

Since we have been so graciously showered with new features lately do you think we could finally get a jump to menu box at the top of each page so that we don't have to scroll all the way down when we want to jump somewhere?

Yeah, I tried to do this myself but failed miserably.
I'll see if I can get defender or okb to make it happen.

p.s. I like the new signature...much less scary/depressing than the old one.

[quote name='CheapyD']
p.s. I like the new signature...much less scary/depressing than the old one.[/quote]

Thanks. Thought it was time for a change and decided on my moocow. :wink:

I don't find it to be THAT much a pain, but if Cheapy's game for putting up at the top... it's a definite plus

Now that you are a cow I might have to like you Scrubby.

Also I asked for a top menu jump too..If you want something done right you have to do it yourself.

[quote name='Scrubking']CheapyD,

Since we have been so graciously showered with new features lately do you think we could finally get a jump to menu box at the top of each page so that we don't have to scroll all the way down when we want to jump somewhere?[/quote]

Done.

Its set on the CHeapyGreen template for now but I will move it to the other orange one tomorrow. It took me 3 hours. No one over at phpbb has been able to do it...but I did. I am your GOD.

LMK if you have any problems.

its in the middle of the page on top...

SELECT FORUMS and the GO button

I may also do some work on it to convert into dhtml

Very nice, but I tried it and it didn't work for me.

I went to the green format, chose a forum, hit the hump button and nothing happened. I'm using opera 7.23, but the old jump to box works when I hit the [go] button.

Also, as a precaution, have you made sure that the new jump box doesn't interfere with the new pm notifaction? It looks to be in the same area as the pm notification.

Thanks for the hard work!

It does work in Opera and I have 7.23 as well..you do have to hit the GO button though...the only thing that does happen is that you cant (in opera) use the jumpbox twice in a row...then it doesnt work. I am pretty sure I know why but at the moment I have already wasted the night getting this far. I may look into that opera bug later. Under IE it seems to be perfect.

[quote name='m_d_amore']where? i dont see it is it a tab im missing or something[/quote]
Its only on the CheapAssGreen template right now (selectable in your PROFILE)
Thanks for the hard work defender!
=D>

My thoughts...

I think it would look better to the right of the "CheapAssGamer.com Forum Index -> [Forum title]" line. It's kinda sticks out *too* much currently. It's where I would imagine a logo being. Also, I can't speak for everyone else, but I never use it so having it at the top center of the page gives it a little more emphasis than I think is required.

Good work though on making it happen.

When I convert the form a dropdown menu to dhtml then I will move it around and make it look really nice. It can at that time be a button.

So what's the deal with the jump to menu?

The green format got one, but there is nothing for the orange format. What gives?

100 posts finally :D

Anyways I agree with Osh Kosh that the jump bar sticks out a bit. I think it would look better to the right or just below of the Green CheapAssGamer.com link at the top left. My $0.02...

bread's done
Back