DVDBYTE.com any feedback on this site? I may have been taken...

donut

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
Hello -
Took advantage of a Season 1-3 set for $99 that normally sells for $150. The site offered free shipping, but I paid an extra $7.00 for priority. Ordered the 11th, shipped the 15th...wrote e-mail this morning requesting status.
Reply was just give it more time and be "patient", but no tracking number.
Called 860.777.2202 but only a mechanical answering attendant with the option to leave a voice mail, which I did.

Alas, any comments or experiences +/- with this site? Alas, I failed to research before ordering.

Well dude, more than likely these are all bootlegs. they have a ton of stuff that is.

Always buy from a trustworthy company, from the looks of it, this one is not.

[quote name='projecteightysix']Well dude, more than likely these are all bootlegs. they have a ton of stuff that is.

Always buy from a trustworthy company, from the looks of it, this one is not.[/quote]

Damn, well I want to be smarter in the future.
How do you know/tell these are bootlegs and what makes them unreputable?

Well, most of these are "complete series" or, however many seasons have been released already. That's one sign, also
friendsdvd.jpg

any time there is foreign writing, that is almost ALWAYS a bootleg.

Also there are numerous spelling errors on the site "pc hardward", which is a sure way to figure if they're legit or not.

What you could do, is just type in what the product is in somewhere like amazon or any other huge respectable store, and see if it comes up, if it doesn't, most of the time it's not real.

Now, you may still get your stuff, some bootleg dealers are actually legit in giving you your product, but just don't hold your hopes if its taken this long.

[quote name='projecteightysix']
http://www.dvdbyte.com/images/friendsdvd.jpg[/quote]
Woah.

Collected Edition! I've been waited for that to come out.

40 Disc + 2 CD. 40 DVD's, I suppose.

And their slogan... "DVD Byte - Great taste for hours." :whistle2:#

WHOIS info on DVDByte...couldn't find them on Resellerratings or Bizrate:

Domain Name: DVDBYTE.COM
Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS5.IH-SECURE.COM
Name Server: NS6.IH-SECURE.COM
Updated Date: 24-jan-2007
Creation Date: 18-mar-2005
Expiration Date: 18-mar-2007

About 2 years the site's been registered, but no contact info. Hmm.

Good luck, hope everything turns out well. But they definitely sound like an oversees company and hopefully you ordered a Region 1 DVD.

[quote name='donut']Damn, well I want to be smarter in the future.
How do you know/tell these are bootlegs and what makes them unreputable?[/quote]

Also, you can either ask me or my brethren at DVDTalk.

We have a store section and I'm sure one of our 15,000 member has intel on DVDByte.

[quote name='speedy1961']Also, you can either ask me or my brethren at DVDTalk.

We have a store section and I'm sure one of our 15,000 member has intel on DVDByte.[/quote]

Awesome signature, i love that

I have made several transactions with dvdbyte, I have been more than satisfied with each transaction. I even had to exchange 1 collection for another because I got one for Christmas and I had no trouble at all! I received all my purchases within a timely manner and I found their online customer service quick and help-full. In their defense I just made another purchase with them and I'm sure I will be happy. :D
Jeanette

[quote name='Jeanette Warner']I have made several transactions with dvdbyte, I have been more than satisfied with each transaction. I even had to exchange 1 collection for another because I got one for Christmas and I had no trouble at all! I received all my purchases within a timely manner and I found their online customer service quick and help-full. In their defense I just made another purchase with them and I'm sure I will be happy. :D
Jeanette[/quote]
That was a very help-full comment you made. Plus you just joined the site and this is your first post. No way you work for them!

[quote name='Jeanette Warner']I have made several transactions with dvdbyte, I have been more than satisfied with each transaction. I even had to exchange 1 collection for another because I got one for Christmas and I had no trouble at all! I received all my purchases within a timely manner and I found their online customer service quick and help-full. In their defense I just made another purchase with them and I'm sure I will be happy. :D
Jeanette[/quote]If anyone believes that, you're obviously an idiot.

After browsing around.. all those DVDs are obviously bootlegs. I've seen a lot of these on ebays..too, all pretending or advertised to be region 1 but infact region 0, all came from China, mostly all DVD5 (4.7Gb) only and some may have bad subtitles or the cover art may have bad "engrish".

Donut: You may want to call your credit company immediately and cancel/dispute the item.

WOW! Idiot? That seems a little strong! I logged onto this site after I googled DVDBYTE, I was logging on to place an order. I saw someone in CAG had some questions about DVDBYTE and I thought I could help. I hope I gave "donut" a different outlook to consider. I do not and never have worked for them. With all that said, I really appreciate all the positive feedback everyone gave me. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Now I'm reminded why I should not go out of my way and waste my time trying to help someone on sites like this where it's obvious you really don't care.:cry:
Thanks again for the hospitality.
Jeanette

[quote name='Jeanette Warner']WOW! Idiot? That seems a little strong! I logged onto this site after I googled DVDBYTE, I was logging on to place an order. I saw someone in CAG had some questions about DVDBYTE and I thought I could help. I hope I gave "donut" a different outlook to consider. I do not and never have worked for them. With all that said, I really appreciate all the positive feedback everyone gave me. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Now I'm reminded why I should not go out of my way and waste my time trying to help someone on sites like this where it's obvious you really don't care.:cry:
Jeanette[/quote]

I believe you. Thanks for your input; thats what this site is for.

[quote name='Jeanette Warner']WOW! Idiot? That seems a little strong! I logged onto this site after I googled DVDBYTE, I was logging on to place an order. I saw someone in CAG had some questions about DVDBYTE and I thought I could help. I hope I gave "donut" a different outlook to consider. I do not and never have worked for them. With all that said, I really appreciate all the positive feedback everyone gave me. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Now I'm reminded why I should not go out of my way and waste my time trying to help someone on sites like this where it's obvious you really don't care.:cry:
Jeanette[/quote]I gotta say, people really did pick you apart fast and I don't think it was necessary. However, although what you said of them may be true, they may have great customer service and might get you what you ordered, what you're ordering is more than very likely a bootleg.
[quote name='dvdbyte faq']Will the DVD's work on my DVD player?
The DVD's are region free which means they will play on all DVD players. Please note that we offer PAL format DVD box set and some of USA DVD player only plays NTSC format. Please make sure you read the DVD description carefully before ordering. We[/quote]
Region Free (or Region 0) is almost always a bootleg.

I gotta say though, that Transformers set is one of the nicest bootlegs I've ever seen. I don't think i could pay what they're asking, but I'd be in for $20.

[quote name='speedy1961']Also, you can either ask me or my brethren at DVDTalk.

We have a store section and I'm sure one of our 15,000 member has intel on DVDByte.[/quote]

Another good place to always check for TV show DVDs is tvshowsondvd.com (not to buy from, just to get information). If a show has been released, there's a very good chance they have some info for it.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I gotta say, people really did pick you apart fast and I don't think it was necessary. However, although what you said of them may be true, they may have great customer service and might get you what you ordered, what you're ordering is more than very likely a bootleg.

Region Free (or Region 0) is almost always a bootleg.

I gotta say though, that Transformers set is one of the nicest bootlegs I've ever seen. I don't think i could pay what they're asking, but I'd be in for $20.[/quote]

but you can sell it for $800+ Dollars!!!!!

I became so angry about DVDbyte when I read these postings that I took the time to register just so I can share my opinion. This "company" is SHADY. Do not ever order from them!!! If you have recently, attempt to get your money back ASAP. We ordered the complete X Files set and had problems right away. The box it came in was broken and I had to spend a lot of time getting a replacement. After watching the seasons for several months, it became apparent that several episodes were missing and in the wrong order. I kept a list of episodes and contacted the customer services person who gave me an address to send them to for replacement. I did that over a month ago and have not received any correspondence from them since. They won't answer my emails either. I plan on finding a way to get my money back or my DVDs. I don't give up easily. Pass it on to anyone you know and maybe they'll go out of business or at least lose some money...NEVER BUY FROM THIS SITE!!!!!!!!:bomb:

Ordered an $89.99 DVD set from this DVDbyte place because I could not find it anywhere else. They e-mailed me a day later saying the DVD set would come with no art work. Sounds like a bootleg to me, so I asked them to cancel my order.

They never shipped, never refunded, no response to e-mails, and the phone number on their web site is invalid...

[SIZE=10pt]------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 17056

Date Ordered: Monday 25 August, 2014

The comments for your order are:

Thank you for your order. This set is currently out of print, we did contact
our supplier and they are able to ship a set without any art work. The
content is the same, and package is same, but there is no art work for the
dvd.

Please kindly let us know if you are interested. We will issue a full refund
if you no longer want this set.

regards.

Jim[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered an $89.99 DVD set from this DVDbyte place because I could not find it anywhere else. They e-mailed me a day later saying the DVD set would come with no art work. Sounds like a bootleg to me, so I asked them to cancel my order.

They never shipped, never refunded, no response to e-mails, and the phone number on their web site is invalid...

------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 17056

Date Ordered: Monday 25 August, 2014

The comments for your order are: Dear Eric:

Thank you for your order. This set is currently out of print, we did contact
our supplier and they are able to ship a set without any art work. The
content is the same, and package is same, but there is no art work for the
dvd.

Please kindly let us know if you are interested. We will issue a full refund
if you no longer want this set.

regards.

Jim
Why the fuck are you necroing a thread in the deal section that is 6 years that isnt a deal with a response that isnt a deal?

Why the fuck are you necroing a thread in the deal section that is 6 years that isnt a deal with a response that isnt a deal?
Yeah, rather than raising it from the dead it should be stickied. I got a couple of good chuckles out of this thread.

bread's done
Back