Photo
- - - - -

The Target Clearance Thread Part VII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1306 replies to this topic

#91 hopeunknown

hopeunknown

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:57 PM

are dcpis the numbers on the red tags before was/now?

if so...
gunpey - 207-02-0220
sonic advance 3 - 207-04-0638

where do you search for these? on target's website?

#92 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:58 PM

Went to Target this morning hoping the ipod hi-fi's were marked down again but no dice. I'm thinking about biting at the current price since I have a 10% off certificate if I use the Target Visa. Hmmmm....

But I did manage to snag a $7.48 We <3 Katamari, $9.98 Starfox Assault, a $3.74 Battalion Wars and, after just buying one yesterday at $7.48, a $3.74 Killer 7. I'll just return the one I bought yesterday with my recept I guess. Oh and the Tony Hawk Project 8 with skate decks were marked down to $22.xx something now.

th_w03j81.gif  mza_7292321025846149538.100x100-75.jpg

#93 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:58 PM

DCPI #'s for anything people have purchased would be helpful to try and find out inventory at other stores.

The $4.98 Conker I bought I think came up as a generic Xbox game.

207160866 XBOX SFT M $4.98

Not sure what a "DCPI#" is, I took the number that came up on the receipt.

#94 icruise

icruise

CAG Since Atari 2600

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:01 PM

Went to Target this morning hoping the ipod hi-fi's were marked down again but no dice. I'm thinking about biting at the current price since I have a 10% off certificate if I use the Target Visa. Hmmmm....

It's still a good deal. Is it possible that these will never go any lower than 50% off?

#95 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:05 PM

It's still a good deal. Is it possible that these will never go any lower than 50% off?

That's what I'm wondering. I've read the stories of people who say stuff sometimes hits the 50% mark and that's it. I'm getting worried that these may disappear soon anyway as there was a Target employee creeping around and followed me back to where the hi'fi's were after I ran one under a price scanner. He was intently checking that red clearance price tag on 'em. :-x

th_w03j81.gif  mza_7292321025846149538.100x100-75.jpg

#96 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:22 PM

The $4.98 Conker I bought I think came up as a generic Xbox game.

207160866 XBOX SFT M $4.98

Not sure what a "DCPI#" is, I took the number that came up on the receipt.

DCPI #'s are Target's SKU. And if they're slapping the generic Xbox SFT M tags on there, or changing the UPC's for generic DCPI's, then it'll make finding some of this tougher.

#97 bobomallone

bobomallone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:41 PM

Not sure if this has been mensioned already but I was at target last night and saw 12 month Xbox live with the headset, 200 points etc for $41 on clearence! Would have picked one up but i just renewed mine when they had the deals last month
I did what I did, and I doos what I doos

#98 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:10 PM

Not sure if this has been mensioned already but I was at target last night and saw 12 month Xbox live with the headset, 200 points etc for $41 on clearence! Would have picked one up but i just renewed mine when they had the deals last month

That's a good deal...
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#99 Billservo

Billservo

Joined the Dark Side

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:16 PM

But I did manage to snag a $7.48 We <3 Katamari, $9.98 Starfox Assault, a $3.74 Battalion Wars and, after just buying one yesterday at $7.48, a $3.74 Killer 7. I'll just return the one I bought yesterday with my recept I guess. Oh and the Tony Hawk Project 8 with skate decks were marked down to $22.xx something now.

I just checked my Targets and had the run the DCPIs of the Katamari and Killer 7 I got. Around Phoenix they're still going for $7.48 each. I found one last Gunpey, also at $7.48. I was hoping to be able to score all of them for the $3 mark but they'll probably all be gone before that. Still at $7.48 for the two titles I got I'm still happy.

One thing to note is that just from yesterday to today things are quickly disappearing. The Zelda boxes did not survive past the $19.98 mark.
Posted Image

#100 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:21 PM

Oh and the Tony Hawk Project 8 with skate decks were marked down to $22.xx something now.

That's pretty big news as no one thought it would drop past $40-something. I'll have to grab one if my store dropped them as well.

#101 Dezlen

Dezlen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:46 PM

Richmond, VA

Dark Mesiah of Might and Magic (PC) clearanced at 34.98

Still way too high for that game, but once it hits the $10-12 sweet spot, I'll pick it up.

#102 scsg75

scsg75

Completely Exhausted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:51 PM

warioware touched was down to $17.48...great price for that game.

#103 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:52 PM

I dont know that much about skateboarding but it is somthing I wanna atleast make an attempt at, is the deck and game worth it for 22? Also, how much do you think it would be to get the rest of the stuff for it?

#104 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:05 PM

That's pretty big news as no one thought it would drop past $40-something. I'll have to grab one if my store dropped them as well.

I'd totally buy one, but it would take up too much space to be worth it, especially since I have no interest in skateboarding.

#105 biggyfries

biggyfries

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:10 PM

the zelda sword/shield set got marked down to $10.04 this morning, so i grabbed one. it appears that the 13.98 games were marked to 9.98 (luigi's mansion, spongebob). also, saw :ds: zoo keeper for 7.48.

#106 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:30 PM

I picked up at my local Target today Ultimate Spiderman for Xbox clearanced out for $4.98. I also saw True Crime: New York for Xbox clearanced out at the same price but didn't buy. I don't remember seeing anyone mention these 2 titles in this thread...if they did, sorry.

#107 sabo

sabo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:37 PM

man this sucks, i want baten kaitos cuz there are a couple sitting at this target near me but i don't have a gamecube/wii, it's funny how many titles i have lying around that i don't even have systems for. oh well if it goes down a lil more from 13.98 ill probably grab it... To anyone that has played it all the way through here is it a good game??

#108 Mojimbo

Mojimbo

Ashes to Ashes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:56 PM

Two things:

207 00 0591 Xbox Live Starter Kit

This is the one already mentioned that comes in the box with Xbox Live, a headset, 200 MP points and Bankshot Billiards.

207 00 0604 MC2 Mad Catz Steering Wheel for Xbox 360

This one wasn't discounted much, I forget how much it was but it was somewhere in between $40 and $60 I think.

What shitty luck, I was hoping to find a copy of Canvas Curse or see Final Fantasy 1/2 for GBA discounted but no dice. I really hope those XBL kits stay around for at least another drop, I really need to get a card to renew and I could use a new headset.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread, but you can use the vertical keypad on Target's price scanners to look up items by their DCPI number so instead of printing out UPCs you can just write down the numbers. Only bad thing is that the keypads are disabled or broken on some of the scanners I've come across for some reason.

Posted Image

#109 biggyfries

biggyfries

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:08 AM

hey Mo, i think i have an extra canvas curse for ya. lmk.

#110 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:12 AM

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread, but you can use the vertical keypad on Target's price scanners to look up items by their DCPI number so instead of printing out UPCs you can just write down the numbers. Only bad thing is that the keypads are disabled or broken on some of the scanners I've come across for some reason.

Those scanners are great, I wish my local Target would upgrade as they still have the monochrome ones without the keypad

#111 jeepinillini

jeepinillini

Torque Obsessed Maniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:15 AM

Longtime leecher but a first time poster.

Just wanted to let everyone in Central Illinois know that the Champaign, IL Target has an abundance of Burnout 3s for $10 along with some other titles like Doom 3 for $5.00. Bloomington Normal, IL Target has Nascar 06 for $15 along with many copies of Burnout 3. The goldmine is at Decatur, IL Target. Mercenaries, Killzone, Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin 2, etc for $10. Star Wars Episode III is there for $5.00. Quite a few DS and GBA games too. Most notable was a single copy of Final Fantasy for GBA for $10 I believe.

If anyone in Eastern Illinois or Western Indiana would happen to have ideas of what is in Bradford, IL, Lafayette, IN, or Indianapolis, IN, I would greatly appreciate it.

#112 beane316

beane316

I Is Awesomer Than Yous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:29 AM

warioware touched was down to $17.48...great price for that game.

Holy crap...if someone sees one for this price and wants to sell/trade it, PM me! :lol:

#113 JokerCard

JokerCard

Go,go Gadget Cheapskates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:47 AM

Holy crap....I really need to stop off at my Target then.....hopefully theyll have the Zelda packs and other stuff leftover...

#114 daminion

daminion

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:29 AM

Picked up some games for my son today:

GC: X-Men Legends: $9.98

GBA: Lego Star Wars: $7.48
GBA: Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith: $4.98
GBA: Ace Combat Advance: $4.98
GBA: Megaman Zero 4: $4.98
GBA: Madagascar: $4.98
GBA: Sonic Advance: $9.98

Edit: Also noticed the GBA Final Fantasy dropped to $17.98.

#115 Caliburn

Caliburn

is Not E.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:34 AM

Picked up the Killer 7 for Gamecube at the $3.xx price point. I don't even have a Gamecube yet.

But I did get Gunpey for $7.48. I passed on Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Pikmin 2 for $9.98. Not cheap enough yet for a system I dont yet have.

My Trade List // Guides 4 Trade! // Trading Bio

My 2008 Videogame Tab // My 2008 Books Tab

"War as a video game ... what better way to raise the ultimate soldier." ~Iraquois Pliskin

"Run! Run! Or you'll be well done!" ~Kefka

"I just roped me a steer with this here lasso. It was a' bellowing "moo, pal! moo!"" ~Jake Marshall

#116 kong168

kong168

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:13 AM

Picked up Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life for GC for $9.98.

#117 Mojimbo

Mojimbo

Ashes to Ashes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:00 AM

hey Mo, i think i have an extra canvas curse for ya. lmk.

Thanks but after shipping, paypal fees and tax it'd probably kill the deal. Thanks a lot for the offer though, I really do appreciate it.

Forgot to mention I saw Fire Emblem Sacred Stones down to $7.4X and a ton of Wipeout PSP for $4.9X.

Posted Image

#118 io

io

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:57 AM

I experienced the YMMV of Target price drops myself during a visit to 4 Targets this evening. Target #1 seemed to be on top of the drops and all my UPC's scanned at the lower prices (One Piece $4.98, Battalion Wars $3.74, Gunpey $7.48, and Zelda CE $19.98). Of course, the 3 One Piece that were there just yesterday were gone :bomb:. I HATE it when they actually update the price tags so damn quickly. I thought the Gunpeys, which were in the case, were gone also, but I then found them stacked with the Ping Pals on a clearance shelf. For whatever reason, though they removed them from the case, they did NOT mark those down so they still said $14.98. Needless to say I got one! Oh, the Tony Hawk Project 8 w/skateboard scanned at $44.98 (or whatever it was).

Target #2 was *supposed* to be the motherlode. Tons of Zelda CE's at $19.98 a few days ago - was hoping for $10, no dice... The only game that changed in price was Battalion Wars, and guess what, it was gone. One Piece was still $9.98, Gunpey was still $14.98, and everything else sitting there still semed to be the higher prices from last week.

Target #3 had One Piece locked up in the case but WITH the correct $4.98 price tag. Wierd, but finally snagged that. They didn't have much in the way of clearance beyond that though.

Target #4 had a bunch of One Piece just 2 days ago - they were all gone today. I find it surprising there is so much interest in that game. I had never even heard of it till I saw the PS2 version in the checkout line at Best Buy (in their $9.99 checkout impulse buy game section).

I also found the following: PSP NBA '06 $7.48, PSP Metal Gear Acid $7.48, PSP Untold Legends $7.48. I don't even remember where I got those and if they were higher last week or not (I don't remember seeing them before). They were all tagged correctly though.

By the way, if anyone wants any of those PSP games let me know - cost + shipping/fees, so about $12 via PayPal.

#119 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:36 AM

oh man
I went to like two target. Each target had like at least 10+ fire emblem on clearance gba for $7.48 each
Let me know if any of yall want one.
$12.50 shipped for first class (bubble envelope - not responsible if box get fawk up) w/dc
$15.00 shipped for priority mail (highly recommended since im shipping it in a box) w/dc
I prefer paypal or usps money order (- $1.00 from $12.50/$15)

#120 batmundo

batmundo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:14 AM

There is a Target in my area that had a whopping 32 Fire Emblem Sacred Stones.