2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Myth Wukong is $160 + $93 shipping. Steam code only.
The big CE was $400 and $120 shipping but gone now.

Shit that sold out asap. Oh well I guess regular edition for me it seems. The more I look into it, I can't justify 199.99 on a diorama with patches. If they would of included a soundtrack, a figure or something to justify the cost inwould.

Last edited:
Grabbed a Deluxe Edition from Amazon UK, $115 after shipping and conversion. Will hold onto it for now, but on the fence if I will keep it long term.

Yeah what sucks about Best Buy not getting the steelbooks anymore is if Gamestop gets them you need to physically go into the store and they don't guarantee you get one. It's really stupid. Just a POS company all around.

such a missed opportunity. could've done a big boss and the boss figurine or Eva. anyway I pre ordered the deluxe (EU) aside from the steenbok only the fox patch interests me.

Amazon France still has the LiS Double Exposure game + Steelbook for Xbox and Switch for about 75 Euros if you don't want to deal with Gamestop's crap.

And FNAC has Xbox and PS5 versions of the MGS Deluxe

Yay France! Boo US retailers!

Edit: Amazon Italy has MGS. FNAC cheaper

Last edited:
I'm stoked that we're getting a physical version of Alan Wake 2. Since it was digital-only, that had me entirely disinterested in buying a copy. But now there's a disc version to match my Alan Wake 1 remaster on PS5. I heard so much praise for this game in 2023. Everything from the music composition to the immersion, the visuals, and the atmosphere. I've been dying to try it and did not like that it was previously digital-only for a hefty price.

Hope they made some good money via this digital distribution plan at least. That's an interesting way of doing releases. I get charging $80 for your game too; the good ones deserve that. I'm just glad that it's getting a physical version now. Great news.

Also that Visions of Mana CE is -very- enticing. It is overpriced for sure. But an ornate chipboard art box and a full deluxe 5-CD soundtrack is exactly the type of thing I like to see what a collector's edition. At $150 it would have sold out in an instant, so I understand the pricing. Just wish it had a unique steelbook in addition.

Just give us nice sets. That one displays beautifully.

I'm not into that CE. You can order the soundtrack separately and the art book is only 80 pages. Plus shipping and taxes and the game doesn't come packaged with it. And they charge you immediately now and you have to cancel your orders via email which has taken up to a week, so if you decide you don't want it around release, good luck. They really made their online store so much worse. I'm sure purposefully so.

A lot of the of the art books in CEs are really just samplers, the complete art book will end up on a store like Amazon. Amazon has the b2g1 sales on books and the deal is even better

Collector's edition soundtracks + paper products is the gold standard of garbage collector's editions. The included soundtracks are notorious to remove any vocal tracks / usually missing the most impactful songs / anything that might be licensed. The paper products are samplers, designed to not be as good as official artbooks to keep you wanting more.

I've finally reached a point in my life where paper products + CDs = no buy. Gold standard for garbage house clutter, and I love CEs.

Give me more metal gear rising electric katana lamps and less paper products and no acrylic standees(thiny veiled paper products, literally)

No physical game is naturally also no buy.

Collector's edition soundtracks + paper products is the gold standard of garbage collector's editions. The included soundtracks are notorious to remove any vocal tracks / usually missing the most impactful songs / anything that might be licensed. The paper products are samplers, designed to not be as good as official artbooks to keep you wanting more.

I've finally reached a point in my life where paper products + CDs = no buy. Gold standard for garbage house clutter, and I love CEs.

Give me more metal gear rising electric katana lamps and less paper products and no acrylic standees(thiny veiled paper products, literally)

No physical game is naturally also no buy.

You forgot about the NEW hotness, acrylic standees! I am so burnt out by those being added in as a way to pad a CE (can also probably include stickers) and add on an extra $15. I personally do enjoy when they include some type of OST CD but it does suck when it's a gutted/neutered CE at that.

IMO the best way to do things is to have 3 versions:
- A Standard edition (Base game + whatev P/O DLC or digital art/music you wanna throw in if any) $60-$70
- A Collector's Edition (Base Game, Steelbook, artbook, optional PHYSICAL OST CD in a larger box similar to the size Nintendo used for Dread/Fire Emblem) $100-$115
- A Premium Edition (All of the Collector's Edition + whatever extra stuff you want to include such as stickers, acrylics, patches + Statue/plushie and maybe the OST if you opted to not include it in your lower tier CE) $150+

I know a lot of smaller companies aren't able to do that, but how many times do we see the ONLY options we have being either a base game, or something double that cost. Those companies would be better off doing a standard $60 release and an artbook/steelbook bundle for ~$100 and they would sell, hell most of us in this thread have a ton of those exact type of CEs!

So far I think the only ones that haven't gone super crazy with their higher end CEs are Marvelous (Witch Spring R CE for instance) and NIS America, although with their new website they have started to push it into frustrating territory a little bit. (One last shout out to the Unicorn Overlord Monarch Edition for having a really cool CE for $130)

Damn I shoulda snagged that Alone In The Dark CE at $100(Woot OoS) but then I reminded myself paid $20 for standard on what's a decent game. Probably for the best to wait until more drop downs

Damn I shoulda snagged that Alone In The Dark CE at $100(Woot OoS) but then I reminded myself paid $20 for standard on what's a decent game. Probably for the best to wait until more drop downs
Pretty bummed I missed it too, I actually went back to order it last night and saw it was OOS. Hoping it'll pop back up in stock.

If not I'll just get the base edition when it lowers in price. To like $20-25

bread's done
Back