Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
The only thing that got any emotion out of me was Monster Hunter Wilds & a little bit for Astro. Ballad of Antara & Where Winds Meet look interesting but I'm going hold my judgement til there's more info. If their confident in in each release I really think both of those should take a play from Stellar Blade & put out a demo down the line as it would really help nab those who are on the fence about either of them, like me 😄

I would like say I was hyped for Dynasty Warriors as I do love Musou games but I haven't enjoyed a mainline entry since like the PS2. Lastly having not one but two Overwatch clones & opening your showcase with it does not impress Sony.

I can't be the only one who thought the Silent Hill 2 content looked like hot garbage right? Like I watched the Sony SoP and then the Konami Transmission and... Just oof. Visually it looks... Okay at best? Feels like bloober still hasn't figured out how to get lip sync working. The combat looks... Idk fine at best? The audio sounded worse than the original. I can't tell if I have such high regard for the original that his new remake feels worse or if the trailers just look bad.

I'll admit I'm also biased because I really haven't enjoyed a bloober team game yet. I want to love the remake. Please give me this game back in modern day. Just give me the original. The remaster sucked and this looks.... Not promising
My wife is livid over the remaster of James. It's one of, if not her most favorite game of all-time and she's boycotting it already. For me it's too little too late (and are we still skipping Xbox, Japan? JFC grow up. . .) as my interest waned a few years back. I wasn't excited seeing it finally announced and the Transmission they held after didn't change things. I'll let this one remain rose-tinted.

I don't get teh excitement? Seems like Ratch & Clank without the weapons and story? Astro was a fun, free game when PS5 released. Maybe I don't get it because I spent all of 15 minutes with that tech demo/ game
It's what people liked about Sackboy, but now as a Mario clone. I can't stand platform/puzzle games anymore; the evolution of games have ruined that for me with more to offer. Sony has clearly found their new mascot and all they had to do was rip off Nintendo to do it. Given the fact Concord is a blatant Guardians of the Galaxy/Overwatch clone, the trend doesn't stop there.

Sony is finally bankrupt of ideas.

It's what people liked about Sackboy, but now as a Mario clone. I can't stand platform/puzzle games anymore; the evolution of games have ruined that for me with more to offer. Sony has clearly found their new mascot and all they had to do was rip off Nintendo to do it. Given the fact Concord is a blatant Guardians of the Galaxy/Overwatch clone, the trend doesn't stop there.

Kind of a gigantic leap there don't you think?

Games influence games and put their own spin on things. I just don't understand the hype is all. If you have sworn off platformers you are missing some really fun games. Also Guardians was an adventure game where Overwatch is a multiplayer hero game is it not? I do not see how you can pair those games together seeing as one is clearly contained within a story and the others is multiplayer only (no offense to Overwatch player's that get into the lore of the game, never played it personally)

Also Guardians was an adventure game where Overwatch is a multiplayer hero game is it not? I do not see how you can pair those games together seeing as one is clearly contained within a story and the others is multiplayer only (no offense to Overwatch player's that get into the lore of the game, never played it personally)
The characters were clearly Guardians inspired, right down to the nagging Gamora. That's the skin they chose for an Overwatch clone is what I meant.

Astro Bot's charm is the use of other Sony IPs and hardware as elements within the universe. The only similarity to Mario is that they're both platformers, in which case there's a massive list of games that are Mario clones.\

But I do agree that Concord looks like a knock off GotG

I'm going to get massive flak for this but when I played Tomba a few years ago, it wasn't as good as I remembered it. Very floaty jumping, great graphics/music/sound, and it felt frustrating many times. I still think it's an alright game, but I used to consider it a great game. Also it would be nice for Tomba 2 to come back as well, but we know for games brought back they rarely bring back every game enhanced all at once.

Last edited:
I made the mistake of starting Dredge so I could get the boat PS Stars collectible and I'm hooked. After I had already started FC24 so I could get the other PS Stars collectible. Now I have three games in progress that I want to play all the time.

I'm also super excited for that Astrobot game. If they release that controller, I'll probably pick it up.

I made the mistake of starting Dredge so I could get the boat PS Stars collectible and I'm hooked.
I See Data GIF by Star Trek

I actually got through the Trails of Cold Steel 4 and have never been more impressed with a series of games from a story standpoint. Definitely glad I started at the 1st one. Also glad that I was late to the series and at the time I had all 4 ready to play and didn't have to wait for a new release. (you really have to like lengthy RPGs because they all took me over 100 hours each, I did not play them back to back to back to back). I could not imagine trying to get caught up on the series now. I have Trails of Zero and Trails from Azure and just can't get into them...I am on the fence on this next one.
I played 0. It was alright. It just needed them to find a better writer for both story pacingandslice of life. As the game should have been 20 hours at most with how little story they wanted to tell. I am astonished that it mostly wrapped up the plot threads besides Lloyd's brother and the suitcase. As those it forgot about basically. Thankfully neither is remotely important to the enjoyment.

But yeah after the things I've heard about Azure I think I may just skip that one entirely. Almost no one in my circle enjoyed it. One of My friends who usually gushes over the series practically hated it especially Lloyd's sexist attitude. Which is weird given that there was no trace of that in zero. He was completely respectful of major Noelle in particular and didn't treat her like she was a idiot just because she's a lady.

Before someone mentions Elle and Tito and Lloyd's trying to constantly leave them out neither of them were physically fit to be doing anything in that field, had 0 training, git winded from a short walk, 0 in investigation or the law Or self defense training. They would have been unlikely to even pass the entrance exams and were only hired for specific reasons. So I definitely agree 100% for not wanting civilians who are liabilities with you in dangerous situations. Especially when they aren't honest about their health. Honestly I don't know why Elle is even there past the beginning with her gramps. She gets little relevancy or development and they completely underuse her world experience in foreign countries including calvard. granted Lloyd's spent time there as well but they hardly ever touch upon that. I would think both would have experience in the asian quarter since they are a supposed larger presence in calvard from what I understand. Though I get it since they only really foreshadow erebonia and calvard prior to the countries arcs anyway.

I made the mistake of starting Dredge so I could get the boat PS Stars collectible and I'm hooked. After I had already started FC24 so I could get the other PS Stars collectible. Now I have three games in progress that I want to play all the time.

I'm also super excited for that Astrobot game. If they release that controller, I'll probably pick it up.
The only reason I keep putting down the controller for this game is the random events that can screw you over. I get the feeling I've been taking it too slow and should just be pushing limits, but everything is pretty strictly gated between cargo space and events in town happening as time progresses. This means that any advantages I should probably be getting to deal with the random events just isn't happening fast enough. Last night I lost a quest item just feet from the dock because of an event, which was met with the appropriate response of straight to home screen.

Game is interesting but these events piss me off without giving feedback of how to solve, or find solutions for. Just keep playing is a failing proposition to me. . .

I'm going to get massive flak for this but when I played Tomba a few years ago, it wasn't as good as I remembered it. Very floaty jumping, great graphics/music/sound, and it felt frustrating many times. I still think it's an alright game, but I used to consider it a great game. Also it would be nice for Tomba 2 to come back as well, but we know for games brought back they rarely bring back every game enhanced all at once.
I played them on psvita. Fun games. You definitely need a guide for all the errands you have to do.

The running and jumping was bad. Grabbing and throwing the bosses was frustrating. There was a real hard race in the second part.

Loved astro's playroom and the new game looks great but I don't know if I want to spend $70 on it 🤔 It's pretty hard to justify spending $70 on any game right now though
If it is a $70 game hopefully QVC has it on their site so we can get it for $40. I imagine it will be less since it shouldnt be one of the typical Sony games that is 75% cut scene. Games that are actually games seem to be cheaper.

The only reason I keep putting down the controller for this game is the random events that can screw you over. I get the feeling I've been taking it too slow and should just be pushing limits, but everything is pretty strictly gated between cargo space and events in town happening as time progresses. This means that any advantages I should probably be getting to deal with the random events just isn't happening fast enough. Last night I lost a quest item just feet from the dock because of an event, which was met with the appropriate response of straight to home screen.

Game is interesting but these events piss me off without giving feedback of how to solve, or find solutions for. Just keep playing is a failing proposition to me. . .
I never ran into this, but I was also a massive pansy about being out at night. Unless a little quest demanded it, my ass was docked by like midnight, lol.

Edit: just realized, out of context, "my ass was docked by like midnight," could be incredibly misconstrued, especially this month ...

If it is a $70 game hopefully QVC has it on their site so we can get it for $40. I imagine it will be less since it shouldnt be one of the typical Sony games that is 75% cut scene. Games that are actually games seem to be cheaper.
I already have 6 accounts on there to take advantage of getting new switch games for $40 :ROFLMAO: Nintendo games take forever to go on sale so I'll take a discount where I can. At least I know PS5 games will go on sale eventually so I can wait.

Last edited:
If you want some cheap games from the Days of Play sequel:

Amazing they don’t limit it to one per billing address.
I'm as surprised as you that I've been able to do it so many times and they haven't black listed me or something. New emails to make the new account but I use the same address. I have 3 different cards to use plus my paypal. As long as you delete the payment info from the old account you can use it on a new account. I have been spacing it apart so I wasn't doing a bunch of them at once and I don't let them overlap. Always order and let it get here before I do it again. I did one on HSN too but their codes aren't as good.

bread's done
Back