Why the Wii-U may be my only console next generation
1. First Party Games- I love Nintendo's games. Mario, Metroid, Kirby, Zelda, and many others always make their way onto my shelf. I couldn't imagine going a generation without playing a Mario game. Nintendo is already bringing out heavy hitters with Pikmin 3 and New Super Mario Bros Wii-U this holiday season. Another 3D Mario is coming eventually and there are so many options for Nintendo that the Wii-U library should be full of classics soon.
2. 3rd party support- The Wii-U is already getting great 3rd party support. Batman Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, and Assassin's Creed 3 are already coming to the Wii-U along with many more. Heck, even GTA V is coming to the Wii-U. Besides that, there are already 3rd party exclusives headed for the Wii-U with Rayman Legends from Ubisoft and Dragon Quest X from Square Enix. 3rd party support looks to be much better on the Wii-U than it was on the Wii.
3. Pro Controller- One of my biggest complaints about the Wii was the controller. Forced motion controls in games that didn't need it along with a controller with few buttons was a big turn off for alot of gamers. Sure there was the classic controller but it wasn't usable on many games. Nintendo seems to be changing that this time around with the pro controller. A standard controller is a must, especially for multiplatform games and the pro controller is the answer.
4. Online- I'm not a huge mp player. When I play online, it is usually very casual (except for sport games). I'm not a big FPS player (TF2 is 90% of my FPS online playing) so that takes out a huge chunk on online games. I'm eager to see what comes with the Nintendo Network but I don't see my online habits changing much and that is fine.
5. PC- There will be games that will miss the Wii-U and more than likely I can hit them up on the PC. Few games miss a PC port these days, and if I miss out on a game, I'll live.
As long as Nintendo and other publishers support the Wii-U well enough, I see no need to pick up a PS4 or any other console. That would be a big money saver for me.