My Favorite and Least Favorite Games of 2014
Top 10 Games Play in 2014:
10. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse - I never played the original, but this remastered version had some great platforming and even better settings.
9. Velocity 2X - The platforming sections didn't always click for me, but the game was still a blast to play from start to finish.
8. Metrico - Amazing little indie platformer for the Vita that was able to take Vita functionality and implement it in fun, interesting, and unique ways.
7. Far Cry 3 - Had a great time clearing outposts and sniping sharks off of my boat.
6. Fable Anniversary - Never played the game before, was a great action adventure with an intriguing story.
5. Shadow of Mordor - Better combat than Arkham and better platforming/exploration than Assassin's Creed. Upgrades made the game more fun as I moved through the main campaign.
4. South Park: Stick of Truth - Gameplay wasn't top-notch but that was made up for with the amazing art style and hilarious story and settings.
3. Shadow Warrior - U want some wang? Addictive sword and gunplay, it never got old slashing enemies to shreds.
2. Rogue Legacy - Pure side scrolling action bliss. Tough but fair challenge and extremely addictive.
1. Spelunky - Spelunky is better than you.
Bottom 10 Games Played in 2014:
10. Child of Light - Dull combat system, inane rhyming scheme, way too much to explore way too early in the game.
9. Superfrog - Why did I buy this? I'm a dumbass.
8. Fable Heroes - Super mundane beat em up. A waste of a few hours.
7. Surgeon Simulator - All it did (beside infuriate me) was make me yearn for a new Trauma Center or real surgery-style game.
6. Putty Squad - Offensively ugly to the point that the background interferes with gameplay. Disgusting level design.
5. Doki Doki Universe - Stupid premise for a stupid game.
4. Dyad - Eye melting visuals mixed with overly tough, frustrating, and above all boring gameplay.
3. Ratchet & Clank All 4 One - Even Best Friends Gang couldn't make this game the least bit enjoyable.
2. Thief - A great walking around simulator with obnoxious stealth elements.
1. Proteus - By a wide margin was the worst "game" I played this year.