FREE Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar (UK residents only)

unsteadycarrot

CAGiversary!
Just did this the other day, never expected it to work but it arrived this morning! its something to do with a bug on the rma site or something >.>

go here

http://redoctane.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/redoctane.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=21697&p_created=1224927924&p_s

Select your region and submit.

Now select your country and use the forward arrow.

Now select language and forward arrow.

Now select your Console

Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii
Playstation 3
Playstation 2

Now select world tour

Now select guitar hero wireless guitar (Dont try with anything else as
you'll see why next)

Now select any of the bottom 4 reason for your guitar not working just
don't pick my guitar won't turn on

DO NOT type in anything for the serial just keep pressing the forward arrows.

type in your name and address and wait for the postman.

takes about 2 days. ( said next day shipping on my box )

I don't get it...if you pick Express, doesn't it need your credit card?

Unless you're doing regular shipping, but then isn't that only the box?

I can see why it wouldn't work for US residents. They want you to send the broken item first.

Anyway, this is great for UK people.

EDIT: People, learn to read. "UK RESIDENTS ONLY"

Thanks so much for sharing this - Hope it works,

Also I wonder if you'll be able to get some sent to your friends houses too? I'm a bit worried incase they notice and tell the police though.

Where is the guy who was yelling at us for entering the Coke contest too many times? Shouldn't he be yelling at these people too? Considering this is even more fraud than the other one. :roll:

it arrives via dpd postal.

This is Cheap Ass Gamer...not Piece of Shit Fraud Theif Gamer....

Think what you want, this is the FREE stuff section. im just spreading knowledge and not asking for anything in return.

[quote name='luan87us']lol i have a friend in UK i should tell him to get the guitar then postage it to me haha.[/quote]
I'm not sure how much it would cost to ship it, but I'm guessing that the shipping rate would eliminate any savings on doing so.

Just got a reply from them after doing what you said
Funny thing is my guitar is broke and I need it replaced

[quote name='Activision']Hello,
You have been sent this email because there was a problem processing your recent Guitar Hero World Tour warranty replacement request. The serial number for your defective item was missing from your warranty submission. Your current RMA request has been canceled. Please return to http://warranty.guitarhero.com and resubmit your warranty replacement request. Make sure to include your product serial number.
Please be assured that we will process your new request as quickly as possible. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Sincerely,
Activision Customer Support[/QUOTE]

yes, i tried it again recently and i got that email too.

it seems that people on another site hammered it so much they caught on.

mods can lock this topic now i guess.

sorry guys, tried to get it to you before something like this happened, seems i was too late.

i guess theres a bit of double standards going on in these forums then.

i guess next time i hear about something you can get for free, ill be sure not to post it in the "free stuff" section.

It's not free, you were taking advantage of a repair opportunity. Don't like the criticism? Don't post dubious things in here.

theres something called freedom of choice, i have seen quite a few dubious things in here in the past that people flooded too and nothing was said.

for example, that whole marketplace scandal. people payed good money for GOW2 to get the gold lancer and here we all are getting it for free.

then theres the fable 2 DLC people also paid extra for, but low and behold, we all got it for free.

im not here to argue with you, i accept the fact that some people think it is theft, i see it as an error on there part that can be taken advantage of just like half the things on here.

but if you have used this then fair enough. but if you have a problem with it then do not use it.

its that simple.

The difference is, the Fable 2 was OFFERED free to us because of THEIR mistake. The GOW2 was also MS's mistake for offering it free on their website a couple of times. If you went to redoctane's site and it had the price of a guitar for free and people ordered it, I can see it being their mistake and their fault, however, you found an exploit in their return system, with a generic number, and mass ordered guitars from that. It was never free. Don't compare them like that.

I'm not arguing that there haven't been questionable offers here, but regardless, if you don't like the criticism when you post these kinds of things, whether it seems fair, legal, or even morally correct to you, then simply don't post.

ok, i totally get your point, maybe i was a bit hasty when posting this thread in the first place it was a missunderstanding on my part when it comes to the standards of what a CAG deems acceptable and unacceptable.Obviously i had crossed that line with this one and ill be sure to think twice in the future if i find anything else.

And as previous posts of mine say, they have now fixed this error and there RMA has returned to normal.

so this thread can get locked now.

Well, the thing with "CAGs" is, we're all humans obviously, and as such, everyone has their own belief and views on morals.
You will have half the site preaching how this is wrong and illegal, blah, blah, blah, and yet, the other half will being preaching how it's fair, that redoctane are idiots and should have a better system and whatnot.

All I am saying is if you're unsure whether to post something, I'd ask a mod first, or simply not post it. However, if you want to take the chance, then go for it, but don't be too surprised if you get yelled at by a mod, or members of the community here. Just the way it goes.

Thanks for understanding though... ;)

bread's done
Back