Best CAG Setup Round 1

FBI-Butters

CAG Veteran
Hello,

It's time to enter into the No1 CAG Setup Volume 1 Competition. Please simply post your gaming setup in this thread and you are entered into the competition. When posting closes your setup will be selected into the public voting thread where Cheap Ass Gamer users will be able to vote for there best gaming setup.

Rules:

*Posting closes 3AM Sunday 23rd August.

Thanks
Here's my entry

buttersboi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FBI-Butters']So which CAG has the best setup?.

Just a little competition between us CAGS.

To Be Crowned CAGS Best Gaming Setup

Voting will start on the 20th of August !

GOOD LUCK :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Here's my entry

buttersboi.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ok.......hard to tell what specs you got there friend.

[quote name='FBI-Butters']
*Posting closes 3AM Sunday 23th June.
[/QUOTE]

I will post my setup later seeing as I have a few months left to do it.

Also; what's the 23th?

[quote name='JJSP']He's from Ireland, and thus, clearly drunk.[/QUOTE]

Very True i was watching the hurling match at the time !. Sorry it's August not june

Sorry !

[quote name='Magehart']I will post my setup later seeing as I have a few months left to do it.

Also; what's the 23th?[/QUOTE]

Sorry that post just went wrong. I was watching that match at the time and was not paying attention :lol:

[quote name='Malik112099']Well this is off to a great start![/QUOTE]

Yea i done this on loads of forums and they all were a great success. No point crying over spilt milk. Should be a good crack !

I don't intend to win, but I feel like showing off anyway ;)

Ok, you're looking over the back of my La-Z-Boy recliner that I picked solely based on the fact that the foot rest kicks out an extra few inches for people with long legs.
TV: Sony KDF37H1000 LCD Rear Projection (wasn't a very popular line, but I love it)
Consoles: 60gb PS3 (320gb HDD), Launch week Wii, Jasper Arcade 360 (60gb HDD), DSLite and Sony PSP-3000 (Oops.. just realized that my DSLite and PSP didn't make the picture, oh well). I got my workout for the day in by dragging my extra PS3 40gb out from the bedroom, but it rounds out the picture nicely.
Sound: Sony STR-DG720 Receiver hooked up to some old 5.0 stereo speakers that was part of a high end set when they were originally purchased.. they do for now. The sub is a 10" from web based "The Speaker Company". It was a gamble ordering from them but I feel it does what it's supposed to for what I paid.

The picture doesn't do it justice, but I'm more than content with the size of the TV given the way I have my apartment set up. When I eventually get a house I will waste no time in upgrading my speakers/sub so I can play movies/games loud enough to shake the walls without worrying about neighbors calling the cops on me.

Been meaning to get new stand to house my router, modem, sub and tv #2 for the living room. I've waiting to see what I buy to replace the 21" old school tv first though. Right now the modem and router are on the floor on that piece of shelf.

[quote name='gbpackers94']So far $hady is winning imo.[/QUOTE]
The Wii taints the setup.

[quote name='Brak']The Wii taints the setup.[/QUOTE]

:lol: That's funny you say that, I was tempted to leave mine tucked behind the TV where it normally sits (unused). I am jealous of the Samsung TV though, I still walk into a local sports bar decked out with about 20 of them in awe everytime at the picture quality.

These are kinda old pictures of the game room (March 09), but nothings really changed other than I got an ION drum kit to replace the stock kit pictured. The game collection is 15 years or so worth of playing games, I just never trade or sell anything.

The Basics:

-37" Aquos 720p TV

-7:1 Polk speakers through a Sony receiver

-Oppo Up scaling DVD player

-PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube (w/gameboy player), Dreamcast are the systems hooked up to the TV.

-SNES, NES, N64, PS1, Genesis, Segs CDX are not hooked up, but are in the closet.

-PSP and DS in the closet. Virtual Boy is on the top of a bookcase (can't really see it).

-The majority of the games are in wall mounted DVD holders along the backwall. The irregular boxes and portable games are in the DVD floor shelves.

-Controllers and strategy guides are in the closet shelving.

(Click to enlarge)

you can close the thread scsg75 won. It's not the biggest TV in the world, but the setup is awesome.

Just goes to show you size isn't everything.

[quote name='KingDox']you can close the thread scsg75 won. It's not the biggest TV in the world, but the setup is awesome.

Just goes to show you size isn't everything.[/QUOTE]

It's early days yet. Anything could happen !

glorious pc gaming master race post

img0758jbt.jpg

Further Pics:
img0760b.jpg

img0761yjd.jpg

two comfy leather chairs not pictured. perfect for me and a bud to "pwn them noobs" in fps games, take out bogeys in flight sims with a wide variety of joystick choices, or just play whatever we want. i have the sexy z-5500 speaker set on "my" side (the one with the large sub-woofer). you'll also notice the nerf gun within my reach just in case my friends step out of line :)

specs are-
on the left:
dual boot vista/xp
radeon 4870 1gb
e7300 @ 3.7ghz
4gb ram (4-4-4-12 ddr2 800)
creative fatality pro soundcard
g11 kb
g7 mouse

on the right:
xp
silly transparent custom case panels with annoying ass led lights and fan lights(what was I thinking?)
x2 8800gts in sli
e4400 @ 3.2ghz
2gb ram (4-4-4-12 ddr2 800)

[quote name='crystalklear64']glorious pc gaming master race post

specs are-
on the left:
dual boot vista/xp
radeon 4870 1gb
e7300 @ 3.7ghz
4gb ram (4-4-4-12 ddr2 800)
creative fatality pro soundcard
g11 kb
g7 mouse

on the right:
xp
silly transparent custom case panels with annoying ass led lights and fan lights(what was I thinking?)
x2 8800gts in sli
e4400 @ 3.2ghz
2gb ram (4-4-4-12 ddr2 800)[/QUOTE]

Is that a Astro headset i see in the 2nd picture ?

I forgot who it is but there is a CAG on here that has basically a home theater setup that will destroy anything anyone is probably gonna put up.

Im not taking a pic of mine...

Downstairs:

65" 1080p toshiba dlp with PS3 & xbox 360

upstairs:

56" 1080p Samsung DLP with Xbox 360

scsg75, very nice collection of games...where'd you get all your shelves? i need some shelves like that. mine are ugly and all bowing in the middle of each shelf :/

*goes to clean up the shit in my pants*

That was my response to the response I had to your gaming collection, scsg75

[quote name='Malik112099']I forgot who it is but there is a CAG on here that has basically a home theater setup that will destroy anything anyone is probably gonna put up.

Im not taking a pic of mine...

Downstairs:

65" 1080p toshiba dlp with PS3 & xbox 360

upstairs:

56" 1080p Samsung DLP with Xbox 360[/QUOTE]

Sure go on don't be out off by the competition :). Anybody could win !

IMG_0875.png

IMG_0880.png

Walker 36"
Logitech X-540 (Cheap Ass Surround Sound)
15" Unibody Macbook Pro 2.9Ghz
Apple Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
Iphone/ipod touch 8Gigs
Cream Leather Chair

[quote name='naes']
155gwm1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

WTF IS THAT? LOL :applause:

Alot of nice setups everyone is posting. I used to collect sports cards so I know collecting is an addiction but still I don't understand wanting to own so many video games. Most of them you have already beaten and will never play again or just wont ever get played period because new stuff is always coming out. I beat stuff and sell it or Gamefly it unless it's a online or a sports game then sell that when the new version comes out. To each their own though. :D

[quote name='scsg75']

[/QUOTE]
I feel the uncontrollable urge to be your friend.

My set-up is along these lines but way less extensive, way less epic, and way more pieced-together. I actually just bought some new tall shelved on CL, so I'll post some pics in the thread once I've re-organized.

lol, that basement setup is from a "worst gaming setups" thread posted in a different subforum here a month or two ago

[quote name='QiG']lol, that basement setup is from a "worst gaming setups" thread posted in a different subforum here a month or two ago[/QUOTE]
try again

Mine would only be semi-impressive. I've got a nice TV, my stereo setup kinda sucks though. But it's effective enough. I just run the optical out from my TV to the receiver, then I only have to leave the reciever on one channel and the only fiddling I have to do is push the power button and adjust the volume dial.

I don't have the walls lined with games. Best thing I ever did was get one of those giant Case Logic CD cases about a month ago and put all my games into it. Freed up so much space, and it's quicker to get at the games. I might do that with all my Blu-Ray and DVD movies too.

[quote name='naes']Picture is much older than the article. Nice try, though.[/QUOTE]

:bomb:

Why am I getting nice try on this? All I did was point out that it wasn't a CAG members setup since so many people were taking it seriously.

[quote name='QiG']:bomb:

Why am I getting nice try on this? All I did was point out that it wasn't a CAG members setup since so many people were taking it seriously.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='QiG']lol, that basement setup is from a "worst gaming setups" thread posted in a different subforum here a month or two ago[/QUOTE].

[quote name='QiG']Follow the link in the OP[/QUOTE]
following a link away from cag already shows that it didn't come from a thread on cag without even having to look at it.

bread's done
Back