* * * * * 9 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

#3691 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Some good stuff in there!

I just printed a bunch of covers for some GCN games that I grabbed at the ol' GameStop closeout :)

#3692 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20099 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Great collection... you've given me ideas for a lot of games I need to get. I see you're missing .hack Quarantine... I'm glad I didn't put that one off.

Some good stuff in there!

I just printed a bunch of covers for some GCN games that I grabbed at the ol' GameStop closeout :)

Bah... don't talk about their GC clearance. Fucking pissed about that sale... nothing good in stores and only 3 out of 11 games I bought online work.

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Rocket League - :D

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause:

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3693 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

That blows :/

I think of it as (nearly) free GCN cases either way. They're hard to come buy these days, so I'll take em where I can get em ;)

#3694 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20099 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Oh, and they didn't come with GC cases... just disc only in shitty generic cases. Now I gotta return them.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#3695 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Damn, that blows. I was actually swapping cases in while in the store to make sure that I got only GCN cases. The two girls working didn't seem to give a shit LOL!

#3696 LXL_Guy   Oathkeeper CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Great collection... you've given me ideas for a lot of games I need to get. I see you're missing .hack Quarantine... I'm glad I didn't put that one off. .

Yeah...kind of wish I picked that one up all those times I had the chance to. Oh well though, I'll get it later down the road hopefully.

#3697 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8606 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

That was one of the reasons I never imported one, they were expensive back then and still expensive now. Are Gamecube cases really hard to come by now? I'm glad I amassed my collection years ago, I would have loved to have a few of the cheaper titles to fill the gaps but it's ok.

#3698 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20099 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Yeah, Nintendo's store is sold out and there were never any good third party replacements for them.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#3699 spamfree2   cheap but tasteful ;P CAGiversary!   1339 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

The closest one that kinda looked the same from the outside of the Gamecube case was the old Blockbuster cases (with locking mechanisms). Of coarse they were the full DVD size and had blockbuster on the inside. They look better than the PS2 or black generic CD/DVD cases with rounded edges.

#3700 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

That was one of the reasons I never imported one, they were expensive back then and still expensive now. Are Gamecube cases really hard to come by now? I'm glad I amassed my collection years ago, I would have loved to have a few of the cheaper titles to fill the gaps but it's ok.

Yup, and as Vinny describes below, aftermarket replacements basically don't exist.

Yeah, Nintendo's store is sold out and there were never any good third party replacements for them.

I've actually started re-sleeving even the most beat cases. It's not like they're gonna get less rare any time soon, so I figure I may as well make some lemonade with those GamStop lemons ;)

#3701 kermit036   ready P1 CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

@LXL_Guy: Very jealous about your .Hack Rebirth collector's edition. Very cool!

#3702 Vendetta_x360   Hunter Master Race CAGiversary!   7365 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Vendetta_x360

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

Man I haven't posted updated pics in quite some time...

Here is JUST the PS2 portion of my collection since I am trying to accumulate the collection I want. I was thinking of starting a thread to discuss future rarities as well as hidden gems I may not have. I do have a small list of games I know I need. Anyways here we go:

Spoiler

I will post pictures of my other stuff soon. :)

Edited by ZxT Vendetta, 18 January 2013 - 07:01 AM.

Currently Playing: :xb1: Destiny  :ps4: Destiny

Destiny Addict | Hunter Master Race | Proud TCKT Member

Check out LacedUpLauren on Twitch:

#3703 Olengie   Yukari & Rise are Best Girls. CAGiversary!   5137 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Beautiful!

#3704 dan13l858   R.I.P. Guru CAGiversary!   830 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

I knew Zxt collection wouldn't disappoint. Nice collection

#3705 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   996 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Amazing collection. None of the Jak games though, do you have the ps3 collection?
www.vg-force.com

#3706 spamfree2   cheap but tasteful ;P CAGiversary!   1339 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Awesome collection Zxt , I could only wish I could ever achieve such a collection. MvC2 ?

#3707 slainviper  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Dang, that's the PS2 collection I want to have some day.

#3708 Vendetta_x360   Hunter Master Race CAGiversary!   7365 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Vendetta_x360

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

I knew Zxt collection wouldn't disappoint. Nice collection

Beautiful!

Thanks!

Amazing collection. None of the Jak games though, do you have the ps3 collection?

Honestly I totally forgot about the Jak games! And I do still need to get the collection on PS3.

Awesome collection Zxt , I could only wish I could ever achieve such a collection. MvC2 ?

My luck with MvC2 has been bad since I sold mine back when the game peaked. I remember selling my pristine copy for like $125 and the same day I sold my mint Gitaroo Man for $100. I have since replaced Gitaroo on the cheap but I can't ever seem to find a compete MvC2. I noticed the price is much lower now on eBay and will eventually pick one up again.

Currently Playing: :xb1: Destiny  :ps4: Destiny

Destiny Addict | Hunter Master Race | Proud TCKT Member

Check out LacedUpLauren on Twitch:

#3709 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20099 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

And that's just his PS2 stuff...:applause:

Post the rest man!

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#3710 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

MvC2 on the DC is the way to go. Screw the PS2 version :P

Let there be light!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's worth mentioning that it only took a $16 light rope kit, a $2 baggy of wire tie downs, and a handful f zip ties to make that happen. True CAG style ;)

Edited by wiggyx, 20 January 2013 - 07:15 AM.

#3711 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3061 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Wiggy, please come to my house.

#3712 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20099 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

LED lights really had to any type of shelving. I stick some overhead LEDs in one of my cabinets just to help me see and was amazed at how good it looks.

I didn't realize ropes could be had for that cheap though, otherwise, I would have gotten those instead.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#3713 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Zombie, any time :)

I didn't use LEDs ;)

They produce a light that's way too blue for my taste, so these are just incandescent. The light is really nice and warm, which is EXACTLY what I was after :D

http://www.homedepot...t&storeId=10051

#3714 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   15078 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

What about disco lights?

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#3715 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20099 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Zombie, any time :)

I didn't use LEDs ;)

They produce a light that's way too blue for my taste, so these are just incandescent. The light is really nice and warm, which is EXACTLY what I was after :D

http://www.homedepot...t&storeId=10051

Huh, I always thought these rope lights were LEDs. Guess not.

I'd rather stick with LEDs though since they run the coolest. I don't like anything warm near my games (consoles would probably be ok).

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#3716 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

What about disco lights?

Disco ball ;)

Huh, I always thought these rope lights were LEDs. Guess not.

I'd rather stick with LEDs though since they run the coolest. I don't like anything warm near my games (consoles would probably be ok).

They are really tiny lamps. They don't get hot at all. Warm, yes. Hot, no. I can hold them in my hand just fine.

I like LEDs a LOT, trust me! I did auto headlight mods for a few years before getting back into gaming and I still have a TON of LED rope, auto bulbs, and raws sitting around. I use 'em whenever I can. I just can't stand teh color temperature of most white LEDs. Usually they're in the 5000K+ range and I'd really prefer something 3500-4300.

#3717 stiner   Cheese CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

So I decided to finally post my own collection after looking at everyone's. And wiggy, your setup is pretty awesome.

Well here goes! Let me know what you think.

Here is the left wall
Spoiler

The front
Spoiler

Right wall
Spoiler

Close ups:
NES:
Spoiler

SNES:
Spoiler

N64:
Spoiler

Wii and Gamecube:
Spoiler

GBA and GB:
Spoiler

DS and 3DS:
Spoiler

PS1:
Spoiler

PS2:
Entire:
Spoiler

By shelf:
Spoiler

PS3:
Spoiler

PSP:
Spoiler

Sega:
Spoiler

Xbox and 360:
Spoiler

Other stuff:
Spoiler

Anime:
Spoiler

DVD and Bluray:
Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3718 Olengie   Yukari & Rise are Best Girls. CAGiversary!   5137 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

I love Gurren Lagann too. <3 :D

I love how it says Man Cave. Haha

#3719 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20099 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Fantastic collection man. I love that shelf that you built in the first pic.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#3720 stiner   Cheese CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Thanks, eventually I'd like to build all my own shelves but that will have to wait until I get a place of my own. Maybe ones dedicated to each company. I used to have stuff spread out a lot but I've rearranged it so that everything is mostly together.

I got that Man Cave sign from my grandma last Christmas, lol. So much better than a gift card or shirts I have no interest in.
Posted ImagePosted Image