- - - - -

Freeloaders United: What happens when people who use the system abuse the system

#31 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

Her welfare status doesn't affect her callousness. Ask yourself this, if that video was exactly the same minus her mentioning the welfare check, would she be any less of a bad person? No, she'd still be a heartless, cold person with no regard for her nephews' well being.

Further, your argument has always been that people are incentivized to have more kids for welfare. This woman was the aunt though and obviously didn't give birth to these children for a welfare check increase. Where exactly are the biological parents anyway?

At any rate I'm not going to judge all the needs of welfare recipients based solely on one terrible person's unrelated comment which had nothing to do with her welfare status.

Why would you judge all people by someone else's actions? The point is that there are people living off of gov't assistance who are raising the next generation to take their place. They are not teaching good values and work ethics to their offspring, and, even worse, are bitches and bastards to their kids. All on the tax payer dime. Its made even worse by the fact that being an unwed mother pays even better. Cyclical destruction of the core family unit courtesy of your friendly gov't.

#32 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6023 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Dude. Numbers , evidence. Do those words mean anything to you?

wahhhhh noone helped me so they must not help anyone. - knoell

#33 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

Why would you judge all people by someone else's actions?

You tell me, you're the one advocating for complete revocation of government assistance because there are a few who are abusing it.

#34 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

You tell me, you're the one advocating for complete revocation of government assistance because there are a few who are abusing it.

I proposed keeping the system but putting in place a way of preventing reproduction while on it.

#35 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

I proposed keeping the system but putting in place a way of preventing reproduction while on it.

Preventing reproduction isn't reasonable though. There's no way to effective way to enforce it short of becoming like China where any children beyond the first are essentially forced out. Is that really the freedom you hold so dearly?

#36 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9013 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

You could have a child tax. Many people receiving assistance see children as a way to increase benefits. In some circles aunts, cousins, etc. claim kids who aren't even living with them so that they can pick up assistance. If a mother (or hopefully a set of caregivers) saw that having another child would DECREASE their benefits I would be willing to bet they'd consider not having the kid.

#37 Finger_Shocker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   814 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

Its easy THE GOV'T should stop giving TAX BREAKS to married couples or married couples with children...  Giving tax breaks to specific groups is discrimatory in nature !!!

I do not know why a country that preach equality would treat single people more harshly then married one.  Single people pay at least 25-30% more in taxes then a married couple.

#38 willardhaven   Thief of Life CAGiversary!   7073 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

willardhaven

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

Let's pretend for a second that you're not insane... such a policy would be so expensive to enforce that we might as well just pay people to stop having children. Then there's the whole problem with not having fodder for the workforce/consumer base... the economy actually benefits more from the poor than it does from the rich.

You could have a child tax. Many people receiving assistance see children as a way to increase benefits. In some circles aunts, cousins, etc. claim kids who aren't even living with them so that they can pick up assistance. If a mother (or hopefully a set of caregivers) saw that having another child would DECREASE their benefits I would be willing to bet they'd consider not having the kid.

You invented a problem, then solved it with an oppressive and authoritarian policy... while being against big government? You belong in congress my friend.

PaulManda.png

#39 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9013 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

Let's pretend for a second that you're not insane... such a policy would be so expensive to enforce that we might as well just pay people to stop having children. Then there's the whole problem with not having fodder for the workforce/consumer base... the economy actually benefits more from the poor than it does from the rich.

You invented a problem, then solved it with an oppressive and authoritarian policy... while being against big government? You belong in congress my friend.

I invented a problem? Right... get out my friend. See the world.

#40 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6023 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

Just out of curiosity, where would I find these freeloaders? Would I be able to identify them on sight?

#41 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

Just out of curiosity, where would I find these freeloaders? Would I be able to identify them on sight?

Only if you're a delusional, irrational racist conservative...

Then again when you call them out on it they'll suddenly start arguing that you're the one that brought up race which actually makes you the racist because they don't see race when they look at people (only when they're judging them). They may also go on to tell you they have "lots of black friends".

#42 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

I have just as much frustration and anger over the white lazy idiots living in the trailer parks in my city as I do the lazy black idiots living in subsidized housing here. The common denominator? Generational welfare. Are there plenty of racist conservatives? Sure, the 13% population making up 39% of the welfare totals doesn't help. But disliking our current welfare system does not make you an instant racist. Saying so just makes you look foolish and irrational.

#43 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6023 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

ego, I doubt anyone believes you.

Also, you dont like poor people. we get it.

I am going to go ahead and guess your parents set you up pretty well when you were growing up.

#44 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

Poor people are cool. It's the leeches that live off welfare, snap, and other subsidies for all or the majority of their lives that I dislike. The ones that procreate while mooching earn an extra dose of my ire.

My parents have been good to me. I entered the work force at 16 washing dishes. I paid my own gas and insurance, but they did buy me my first car: a Chrysler Lebaron. Balling, right?

#45 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

http://freepatriot.o...et-still-happy/

A little over dramatic, but accurate?

#46 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6297 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

http://freepatriot.o...et-still-happy/

A little over dramatic, but accurate?

:rofl:

It would depend on your ability to comprehend what you're reading and do math.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#47 mrsilkunderwear   Just Do It. CAGiversary!   1484 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

mrsilkunderwear

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

:rofl:

It would depend on your ability to comprehend what you're reading and do math.

Would you apply that to Obamacare?

#48 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6297 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

Would you apply that to Obamacare?

Depends on how you want to relate that to the link that egofed posted. As in having something specific and not your usual general disdain that tangents into something even more generalized. I'm guessing you don't have anything so I'm going to save you the effort and say no because I will only talk about what's in the link.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

#49 mrsilkunderwear   Just Do It. CAGiversary!   1484 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

mrsilkunderwear

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

I cant math

Fixed. 

#50 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6297 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

In a thread dedicated to bashing freeloaders, you want to talk shit about a law that makes less people free load? Do you know what irony is?

Since you like changing the subject so much, maybe you can regale us with your tale about how the "Founders" were such a monolithic group instead of making the relationship between veterans benefits, EBT, and the PPACA as described in the link.

Or just maybe, you can figure out what's wrong with the commentary on that link to begin with and call it out for the bullshit that it is with a little integrity for once instead of doubling down because your ideology is in epistemic closure.

<insert witty gif>

#donedohdough
dohdough.png

#51 mrsilkunderwear   Just Do It. CAGiversary!   1484 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

mrsilkunderwear

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Oh I havent even read the article. I just decided to point out the irony. 

#52 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

I went to help a deaf, pregnant lady last night in public housing. No job, no husband, but 4 other kids (not counting the one stillborn). The best part was when her girlfriends asked what to do with all her kids while we transported her to the hospital. On a previous day, another medic unit was called just to babysit her kids. Did I also mention that the smartphone she typed on to communicate with me was wayyyyy more expensive than my own? Welfare queens do exist.

#53 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6023 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

the plural of anecdote is not data.

#54 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

How many examples do you want, bro? I've got whole city blocks full of these selfish idiots. Welfare, SNAP, disability, medicare, free housing, utility subsidies, free cell phones, subsidized insurance programs, WIC....why should I work and save again?

#55 Spokker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2141 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

How much you pay to support the permanent underclass depends on your own income. Unless you are making lots of money, you probably aren't getting hit that much. Even if you're not on welfare, you still get the benefit of the freeways and shit. Those things are expensive and generally inefficient for what you get.

At the end of the day, millionaires and billionaires are paying for all of our freeways, welfare and what not. My opposition to welfare is not based so much on the taxes levied on the middle class, but what the effects of welfare has on the people it is intended to help.

Bill Clinton and all those people who accomplished welfare reform in the 90s get a lot of credit for improving the situation. But there is what I like to call welfare innovation that overcomes the good welfare to work programs we have. The biggest example is how hard disability is getting slammed. It should be made a bigger deal than it is.

#56 Fifty Shades of Grey   Banned Banned   581 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Fifty Shades of Grey

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

http://theadvocate.c...s-to-strip-food

Looks like they won't be off the hook after all, Louisiana is going after people for "defrauding" the system. 

Posted Image

People whining about having to do their job is annoying. Hence you no longer have a job and people buy most of their reading materials from the internet. Fuck off and go work at McDonald's now.

Best Buy managed to out-Gamestop Gamestop. Good show. :applause:

8-) Real gamers don't shop at GameStop 8-)

#57 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6297 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

http://theadvocate.c...s-to-strip-food

Looks like they won't be off the hook after all, Louisiana is going after people for "defrauding" the system. 

LOLZ...I love how the retailers will still get paid even after knowing something was up and pushing the transactions through anyways. :rofl:
dohdough.png

#58 UncleBob  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

The breakdown generated confusion about who could punish the abusers. Taxpayers did not lose any money. Retailers suffered the losses.

Reading is FUNdamental!
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."