- - - - -

Do you drink alcohol?

Poll: Do you drink?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Do you drink?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mana Knight   Chrom CAGiversary!   14399 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:13 PM

This is a thread about whether you drink any type of alcoholic beverage (like beer, Vodka, Whiskey, etc.)?

I was just curious as to what percentage of CAG members drink. I thought there weren't many people who drank here, but the number of people seem to be higher than what I imagined, so I decided to start a thread about this.

For me, I'm a non-drinker (although I'm 24 years old). I had a sip of beer several years ago, and I thought it didn't taste too good, so I never wanted to have a beer again. I don't drink any other alcoholic beverage since I feel its best for me to not become an alcoholic, and I was abused a little as a kid because my Dad had too much to drink at times. I also don't understand why people feel the need to get drunk, to have any fun (I just play video games to have fun). I'm also not very comfortable around alcohol, because if I see it (like when I went to a DDR party), I left really quick.

Oh well, I'm kind of curious to see what CAG members stance is, on whether to do it (how often), or a non drinker like me. :)

EDIT: To let everyone know, I am away at college, where drinking occurs a lot. I honestly feel my parents wouldn't approve of me drinking, so that's a small reason why I don't bother.
Posted Image

#2 naes   Yoshi! CAGiversary!   4340 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:14 PM

Who needs drinking when you have a PSP and a PS3?

Hell, I've heard that Sony products can stop alcoholism!

Posted Image

#3 mtxbass1   This space for rent. CAGiversary!   11092 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:16 PM

*grabs popcorn*

#4 Theduck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   674 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:17 PM

I don't drink nor do I like to drink ever. But after watching beerfest last night I got all beer crazy and had the urge to drink a cold beer. >_> Imported of course, none of that american shit.
Posted Image

#5 AshesofWake   chum is fum CAGiversary!   4589 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Halo: The Master Chief Collection
XONE

AshesofWake

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:20 PM

"I drink at least once every week or two"

i drink a few times a week..i think im an alcoholic. the euphoria i am under when i have the right drunkness down is amazing to me...but also dangerous. I hate the idea of drinking alone though. I took a few shots of tequila by myself thursday, felt pretty depressing :rofl:
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#6 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22392 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:21 PM

OP, it's cool that you don't drink but you shouldn't be afraid to be around it. You're missing out on a lot of great stuff socially.

I guess I'm a drinker but I haven't had a drop since New Year's since my wife was pregnant and we don't go out much anymore. I do love beer though.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#7 Dick Tracy   The Man in the Yellow Hat CAGiversary!   38525 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Dick Tracy
NES

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:21 PM

I only drink mixed drinks (White Russian, Irish Bulldog, Zombie, etc.).

Even then, I drink very rarely.

yes.gif

#8 zzl365   what? CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:23 PM

For whatever reason, I just don't drink (I'm 24)... I've had a number of sips over the course of my life, but never had a full drink. All of my friends drink, and it doesn't bother me, I just have no interest.

#9 Liquid 2   Dutch Dreams CAGiversary!   24368 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:24 PM

I drink as much as I play the ps triple. Which is never.

#10 Pancake Rabbit   Have A Cigar CAGiversary!   8427 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Pancake Rabbit

aym drwnk ryte nao WOOOOOO I LUV TIHS SONG!!!

Posted Image

#11 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   15694 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

guyver2077

hell yea!

1080i is for douchebags

#12 Graystone   ` CAGiversary!   15662 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:26 PM

Whisky straight every couple of weeks normally. But I haven't drank since I think mid-April.

#13 AshesofWake   chum is fum CAGiversary!   4589 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Halo: The Master Chief Collection
XONE

AshesofWake

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:26 PM

I also don't understand why people feel the need to get drunk, to have any fun (I just play video games to have fun).

personally if you haven't tried it, don't knock it. people don't NEED to get drunk to enjoy anything, its the effects of alcohol which leaves many inhibition-less that makes certain activities a different experience. I don't have a problem with people that don't drink because they don't like the feeling of being buzzed or drunk. But I don't understand how you can make that judgment without experiencing the feeling yourself. just my 2 cents.

Posted Image

#14 Cornfedwb   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3353 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:27 PM

I'm also not very comfortable around alcohol, because if I see it (like when I went to a DDR party), I left really quick.

That may just be the saddest sentence I've ever heard for so many reasons.

And I drink wine almost nightly with dinner, and occasionally a beer or two.

#15 Maklershed   Feed me a stray cat CAGiversary!   34086 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:29 PM

I wonder how long until this devolves into a bitchy flame fest about the evils of alcohol.

And to answer your question OP, I drink on Friday and Saturday night. Usually Milwaukee's Best Light or Canadian Club but it gets changed up every now and then. I'll be getting Miller Chill this weekend.

Posted Image

#16 lordwow   Fmr. VP of the OTT CAGiversary!   20534 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:30 PM

I drink about once a week, only on the weekends, and when I'm not on call. Probably closer to every other weekend.

I don't drink beer, only wine and hard liquor.

I did abstain from drinking until I turned 21 while at college, as my RA job could be compromised by underage drinking.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#17 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   15694 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:31 PM

qft

1080i is for douchebags

#18 Dick Tracy   The Man in the Yellow Hat CAGiversary!   38525 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Dick Tracy
NES

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:32 PM

By the way:

For me, I'm a non-drinker (although I'm 24 years old).

Posted Image!!!!!!!!

I thought you were, like, sixteen!

yes.gif

#19 dallow   By Kaz! CAGiversary!   30344 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:33 PM

I only drink mixed drinks (White Russian, Irish Bulldog, Zombie, etc.).

Even then, I drink very rarely.

Word.

Also Mana Knight, like someone posted above, most people don't NEED it to have a good time. Alcohol just tastes good (mixed drinks that is).
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"

#20 fart_bubble   A fart that says "Ni" CAGiversary!   9803 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

fart_bubble

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:36 PM

And to answer your question OP, I drink on Friday and Saturday night. Usually Milwaukee's Best Light or Canadian Club but it gets changed up every now and then. I'll be getting Miller Chill this weekend.

Thats like the three shittiest beers you can drink (you're only missing Steel Reserve).

I drink every other day (usually Harp or Leinenkugal Honey Weiss for beer or Rum & Coke or Screw Drivers for mixed). Beyond pot, drinking is the best way to unwind after a day.

Imported of course, none of that american shit.

Since you don't drink, you shouldn't make blanket statements like that. There is some damn fine American beers and there is some serious piss being imported.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#21 Maklershed   Feed me a stray cat CAGiversary!   34086 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:38 PM

Thats like the three shittiest beers you can drink (you're only missing Steel Reserve).

Canadian Club is whisky (unless you meant to say MWBL is one of the three shittiest beers I could drink).

And I cant disagree with you about Beast. Its not great but its cheap. Also, you're talking to a guy that used to drink Camo and Lazer 40s so I'm sure I wouldnt mind drinking Steel Reserve either. :lol:

Posted Image

#22 dastly75   Resident Squirrel CAGiversary!   3561 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:39 PM

I share many of the same views already mentioned. I drink very rarely and I really don't need it to have a good time. But you'd be damned to get the same response from a sampling of people at my college.

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 MrX   Uosdwis R. Dewoh CAGiversary!   473 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:42 PM

Shut up and drink ya damn kids and get the Fuck off my lawn!!! ;)

Huge beer fan and do drink some hard stuff if the mood strikes me right
Follow me on twitter @Mrx88 I tweet nonsense!

Looking for a podcast co-host about random geekness and P.S. I have a potty mouth and you should too! PM for details.

*punches life in the neck*

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him...

#24 Mana Knight   Chrom CAGiversary!   14399 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:43 PM

This is what I mean, seeing people get drunk, doing stupid stuff, the smell of it on their breath, kind of bothers me a little, that's what I meant. I don't hang around friends much anyway, so I usually don't deal with it.

I forget what type of beer I had a tiny sip of when I was young, but I'm guessing Bud. I still remember the taste now and it wasn't too good.

I share many of the same views already mentioned. I drink very rarely and I really don't need it to have a good time. But you'd be damned to get the same response from a sampling of people at my college.

I could say the same somewhat at my college, but my college isn't one of the biggest party schools (I go to Purdue University main campus). When walking around on, I see way too many red party cups and beer bottles. I got angry once because a beer bottle popped my bike tire, so I couldn't get around my campus quickly for a few weeks. :( A lot of college students do drink, because when I look at many of my friends pics on Facebook (btw, I am in the CAG Facebook group), almost all of them have the red party cups in the background.
Posted Image

#25 Scobie   CAG City Rocker CAGiversary!   3028 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:45 PM

I honestly feel my parents wouldn't approve of me drinking, so that's a small reason why I don't bother.

It's a rare privilege to meet a self-made man.
Posted Image

#26 AshesofWake   chum is fum CAGiversary!   4589 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Halo: The Master Chief Collection
XONE

AshesofWake

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:48 PM

T I don't hang around friends much anyway, so I usually don't deal with it.

You need to find friends that make you feel comfortable. Why waste time and energy on people that don't make you happy? If their drinking really bothers you that much, you need different friends you can relate to and feel comfortable with. Socializing is a huge part of growing as an individual with or without alcohol consumption.

Posted Image

#27 dpadilla4   Banned Banned   732 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

dpadilla4

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

drink drink it help your self esteem (lol). It feels good to have a bear after a long day at work especially on friday nights.

#28 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22392 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

I honestly feel my parents wouldn't approve of me drinking, so that's a small reason why I don't bother.

If you are still worried about what your parents think of you at 24 you are in for one long, boring and event-free life.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#29 Dead of Knight  

Dead of Knight

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:50 PM

I don't drink. I had a legal drink once when I was in Guam (18 is the legal age there) and I couldn't stand the taste of alcohol and I got tipsy after having only one heavily dumbed-down mixed drink. I just don't see the point and I don't like the way it feels. I think it's so stupid how most college kids waste time and money on the stuff, and end up acting retarded and having a much lower GPA in the process. I like parties, though I haven't really gone to many in my college career, but I just don't see the point in drinking.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#30 fart_bubble   A fart that says "Ni" CAGiversary!   9803 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

fart_bubble

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:51 PM

Canadian Club is whisky (unless you meant to say MWBL is one of the three shittiest beers I could drink).

And I cant disagree with you about Beast. Its not great but its cheap. Also, you're talking to a guy that used to drink Camo and Lazer 40s so I'm sure I wouldnt mind drinking Steel Reserve either. :lol:

Yeah, that was a bad typo on my part. The three beers that I can't touch any more is Beast (grew up drinking it, you couldn't beat 3.99 for a 12 pack), Ice House (like Beast, I get the nastiest shits from it) and then Steel Reserve (frankly this is the worst to me though I use to make some money on people betting me that I couldn't do a beer bong of it). HAHA!!! I've always been lucky where I've never had the chance to drink that. Just like Mad Dog, I've never had that and I never will......no if only I could say the same about Apple Puckers (which made me projectile vomit 6 feet and the worst part was I had just ate Jay's Hot Stuff BBQ chips which made it a horrible dark red color)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats