MGS3:

http://www.outpost.com/template/games/

Killzone:

http://shop4.outpost...pterAreaString=

Sadly, No free shipping.
Whatever I say falls upon deaf ears.
Whatever I write is read by blind eyes.

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Oxybeles]Posted Image

#2 Tromack   Vitriolic since 1997 CAGiversary!   3226 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 03:46 PM

Thanks. I'd been looking for anything for MGS3.

#3 JEKKI   JEKKI WOO FOO FOO CAGiversary!   7010 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:44 PM

hopefully this means $40 MGS3 at Frys this week.

I decided to not get the Baten Kaitos in favor of MGS3

#4 alfonsosoriano   You Like This Face? CAGiversary!   2828 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

alfonsosoriano

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:49 PM

I'll wait a little longer on Killzone. I think I should rent it first.

#5 LinkinPrime   Always in our hearts... CAGiversary!   43233 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:50 PM

I would totally buy Killzone if they only offer free shipping.

JEKKI is that your kid in your avatar?

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.png

30stmsymbols.png

#6 MadFlava   Sa Da Tay! CAGiversary!   2602 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 09:07 PM

Arg no free shipping. It will be cheaper for me to get it at TRU for $40 since I have a %20 coupon off of any in store item.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#7 Arakias   Inferior Potassium CAGiversary!   3620 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 09:16 PM

madflava, where did you get that coupon? (as in, can i find one?)

#8 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42350 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:01 PM

Arg no free shipping. It will be cheaper for me to get it at TRU for $40 since I have a %20 coupon off of any in store item.

Where the heck do you find these 20% off coupons for TRU?

#9 Rodego   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   322 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:05 PM

Yeah, that would be nice to have

#10 MadFlava   Sa Da Tay! CAGiversary!   2602 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:32 PM

Yeah, that would be nice to have

I got it in the mail last week, the mailing was about "The Big Toy Book", it was a preview of their big sale. The card is called a Holiday Joy Card. Even though you can use it on any one item it does exclude "video game hardware" and some baby supplies. It also came with a coupon for a free $10 gift card if I spent more than $75 last week on one receipt. For some reason I'm on the TRU mailing lists. Last month I got a coupon for $10 off any purchase over $50 which I used on TRU BOGO. I think TRU is sending these out to get people to shop at their stores early this holiday season. I can't wait to see what they send me in December (I'll use that on GT4).

If you want to start getting the coupons in the mail try calling their guest services at.
1-800-Toys R Us
or visit:
http://www4.toysrus.com/guest/

Maybe you can get on the mailing for the December coupon.

#11 Kaijufan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9848 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:38 PM

Thats a pretty good price on Kill Zone, but Ill wait for it to drop to around $20. As for MGS: SE, I really disliked SoL, so Ill pass on this one.
Posted Image

#12 yanksdude15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

yanksdude15

Posted 16 November 2004 - 12:13 AM

Anyone know if Outpost ships their stuff out on time? I'm looking into picking up MGS:3 with overnight shipping.... Think I'll get it sometime this week if I order now?

#13 Watchman   BC2 Medic/God CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 03:56 PM

Anyone know if Outpost ships their stuff out on time? I'm looking into picking up MGS:3 with overnight shipping.... Think I'll get it sometime this week if I order now?

Don't bother. I called Sunday afternoon, and after waiting 15 minutes on hold, I was disconnected after one ring. A second call back, another 20 minutes, resulted in

1. the fact that they had FOUR PEOPLE handling all phone inquiries
and
2. It's on "backorder', which is typical for Outpost as i've been reading- only it gets worse- its not due in for around 2 WEEKS.:evil:

Go somewhere else if you can't stand to wait, like me.

#14 Requiem   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   854 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:54 PM

I foolishly went ahead withthis deal. I've never ordered from Outpost.com

You're right, I checked and it's backordered.

What is stupid is they don't even mention that it's backordered on the website. You have to track your order.

This is a terrible thing to do and it's definitely the last time I do business with them, no matter how cheap their prices are.

I'm actually going to try to cancel it. Two weeks is an insult, especially for us who paid for overnight shipping.

#15 JohnnyDrama   VICTORY!!!! CAGiversary!   2858 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

JohnnyDrama

Posted 16 November 2004 - 06:24 PM

It sucks that MGS3 is on backorder, I was soooo close to ordering it. Great deal, though.

#16 Oxybeles   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   277 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Oxybeles

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:43 PM

I believe their system handles pre-orders in this fashion.

Hence, since the item is not in, because it is a pre-order, it is classified as a backorder.

Once the item is okay to ship, tomorrow, the product will ship.

Fry's receives tons of product, but usually ships one day later than EB/Gamestop.
Whatever I say falls upon deaf ears.
Whatever I write is read by blind eyes.

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Oxybeles]Posted Image

#17 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42350 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:12 PM

Hence, since the item is not in, because it is a pre-order, it is classified as a backorder.

Fry's receives tons of product, but usually ships one day later than EB/Gamestop.

I concur on that assesment on Outpost/Fry's. Their system is real brain dead and treats any not-in-stock order, such as a pre-order, as backordered. nd if it's lengthy enough, like it was for DOA:U and KUF, they might cancel it out from under you, if you don't respond to their email in a timely manner.

#18 Requiem   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   854 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:12 PM

I didn't mean to knock the original poster for bringing this deal up by the way, I just felt it was better to cancel my order.

I called them and asked if its true about the two week delay, and he said could be possible, but he was unsure.

Rather than staying in uncertainty, I decided to cancel and I'll pick it up at EB or something.

#19 Ivanhoe   CagMaster CAGiversary!   1795 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:35 PM

thanks for the deal !

ordered mine :)

#20 Tromack   Vitriolic since 1997 CAGiversary!   3226 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:42 PM

I have enough games right now that I could deal with not getting Snake Eater for a month.

#21 Watchman   BC2 Medic/God CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:45 PM

thanks for the deal !

ordered mine :)

Heh! :lol: Enjoy the lonnnnng wait. I'll be playing it tomorrow, regardless of what I could have "saved". If the game's not a big deal to you, then you win on the price. If you have to play the game, then I win.
Me, it's been too long since I stalked a patrolling guard. I need CQC! (Close Quarters Combat) :twisted:

#22 Ivanhoe   CagMaster CAGiversary!   1795 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2004 - 02:07 AM

yup i can wait

Just got halo 2 :-)

and GTA

Id expect the game in a week but its not that big of deal if its 2 weeks.

:)

#23 GamerOfTheWorld   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   17 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

GamerOfTheWorld

Posted 17 November 2004 - 04:09 AM

Ahhh, that made be breathe a sigh of relief. Hopefully this means that my game wiil ship tomorrow.

#24 dfgfdgnfhn   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   14 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

dfgfdgnfhn

Posted 20 November 2004 - 08:54 PM

Well, the naysayers were right. Outpost still doesn't have MGS3.

#25 pimp tyranny   Banned Banned   3627 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

pimp tyranny

Posted 21 November 2004 - 07:38 AM

dead i guess
Posted Image

#26 Watchman   BC2 Medic/God CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2004 - 09:05 AM

Boy, I tell you, MGS 3 is a handful to play! Well, that is to say if you got it as opposed to "waiting' for that deal... because... wow... and when .... oh wait, I can't talk about it yet. You don't have it! \:D/