- - - - -

In a classroom, where do you normally sit

Poll: Where do you normally sit?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Where do you normally sit?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mana Knight   Madoka CAGiversary!   14398 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:27 PM

So, the question of this thread is when you are in a classroom (or a big room with a lot of chairs/tables), where do you typically sit? I'm talking about the normal setup, where all desks/tables/chairs face the front, but got back a few or several rows.

For me, I always sit in the front of the room. I sit in the front because I can see much better, focus and pay attention more, and hopefully I get to know the Professor/TA/teacher better so I get on their good side. While I'm also in front, I like to sit near the stairway, since I don't feel comfortable being surrounded and it's easier for me to leave at the end. I don't sit in the back because I feel like I'm lost in class, cannot exactly see too well in the back, making it too hard to pay attention.

So, where do you typically sit? Doesn't have to just be classroom, but church session, or maybe even a theater watching a play.
Posted Image

#2 tiredfornow   Banned Banned   35417 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

tiredfornow

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:29 PM

In the back cause I have perfect vision, and I always liked folding pieces of paper up and slinging 'em at TheManaKnight's in the front of the class. : )

#3 GuilewasNK   No gimmicks necessary. CAGiversary!   21258 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

When I was in college I always sat in the back because I was taller than everyone else and would block people's view sometimes.

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#4 rodeojones903   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6366 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

rodeojones903

If I don't sit in the front I have a tendency to sleep in class. :D

#5 wubb   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   20114 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:31 PM

I always sit up front:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22392 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:32 PM

All through law school I sat in the back row on the end. Getting to know the professor is a waste of time since all testing is anonymous.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#7 Mana Knight   Madoka CAGiversary!   14398 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:40 PM

All through law school I sat in the back row on the end. Getting to know the professor is a waste of time since all testing is anonymous.

You must of had very big classes, although the Professor in most all my classes knew my name, because I'd be the one answering most all the questions and correcting their mistakes. ;)
Posted Image

#8 crystalklear64   Cocksmas Spirit CAGiversary!   13600 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

crystalklear64

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:42 PM

Fuck why!?

ckjp.png

#9 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22392 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:45 PM

You must of had very big classes, although the Professor in most all my classes knew my name, because I'd be the one answering most all the questions and correcting their mistakes. ;)

Not really. There were about 65-70 people in each class on average which was like a third of the size of a college lecture.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#10 Magehart   It's on like Donkey Kong! CAGiversary!   2684 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Magehart

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:47 PM

I usually sit where ever the hot chicks are at.
Posted Image

Mr Simon was there, too, as well as other Germans who lived through the Berlin blockade like Gerhard Kapito.
"After the war, we looked on the Allies as occupiers," he says. "But after that we came to see them as our friends."

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

#11 joe2187   I AM THE DANGER! CAGiversary!   6358 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:57 PM

I sit mostly in the back, im near the door for those 4-6 hour classes and its less distracting when i get up to go out and get some fresh air or something to drink.

And the desks they used at my college are like 70 years old, tiny as hell and me being tall as well only makes me look awkward trying to sit and work in a desk that i could lift with a broken pinky finger, and make so much damn squeaking noise that drives me batshit crazy.

#12 seanr1221   :'( CAGiversary!   24428 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:01 PM

I almost always sit in the front. I learn best by paying attention in class, and understanding what the teacher says right then and there. If I sit in the back I get distracted .

seanr1221.png

#13 BlueWingX   Master of Trivia CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

BlueWingX

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:04 PM

I usually sat around the middle on the side farthest from the door, which seems kind of odd to me now, since I take the aisle seat at the movies so I feel less claustrophobic.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mr. BlueWingX's Signature provided by onetrackmind

#14 doho7744   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   240 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

I like to sit in the back, that way I can touch myself while having impure thoughts.

#15 geko29   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:13 PM

Always in the back. Then I can fart around on my laptop without causing too much of a ruckus. In some rooms the last row is actually back against the wall, so I can lean back and rest against it, which is another bonus.
Silence is Golden. Duct Tape is Silver.

#16 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   6916 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:15 PM

Look over the room and find a spot thats hardest to see/has least light. You get away with doing less if they don't notice your not working.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#17 crystalklear64   Cocksmas Spirit CAGiversary!   13600 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

crystalklear64

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:19 PM

I sit in the very front of the class. As in, when the teacher comes in, I tell them to GTFO, I will be teaching the class from now on and assume their position. They still get paid, so they don't sweat it, but I wouldn't want my fellow students to suffer from poor teaching and mistakes when I'm already there you know?

ckjp.png

#18 the3rdkey   Foot Cheap Ass CAGiversary!   1870 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

I am 25 and just got my B.A. in December and I can't stand sitting in classrooms. Back row or hiding in the the corner for me.
Posted Image

#19 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   630 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

I use to sit in the back in high school and my first few years in college but now I'm up front.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 musics_muse   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

musics_muse

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

used to always be up front in high school, but now in college im usually in the dark back corner, either away or by the door, brooding and comely :)

#21 emdub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   296 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:20 PM

On the left side, towards the front.

In lecture halls, only the seats on the left isle have the desk on the opposite side for lefties like me. Towards the front because I sometimes can't hear very well.

Sometimes right-handers would take the lefty desks, then bitch about the desk being on the 'wrong' side, but still not move even though damn near every other spot in the room was for rightys.

Makes me mad just thinking about it.:bomb:
Posted Image

#22 Synergy   Pink Mafia CAGiversary!   603 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:01 PM

I hope that's a joke..

I generally sit somewhere near the front, so I don't draw, and I can see and hear everything.

#23 JolietJake   Banned Banned   20202 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

JolietJake

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:03 PM

Back, need power for the laptop. I do my accounting work online, so i sit there and do it while the teacher has the answers up on the projector.:lol:

I enjoy the videos and puns posted by Joliet Jake. I think he's almost as funny as my favorite comedian, Dane Cook. Now excuse me while I listen to Fallout Boy's music on their myspace page.

#24 ananag112   CAGS FOR COCO! CAGiversary!   4294 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:10 PM

I always sit in the middle for the first few weeks. If the professor is good, I will move up. If the professor is bad, I will just move all the way to the back so I can read the textbook instead.
Posted Image

#25 Chacrana   You wa Cock CAGiversary!   22669 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:18 PM

All the way in the back. My profs prolly think I'm a bad kid because of that and the fact that I really don't pay attention, but I end up with high A's on most tests, so whateva.

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#26 moojuice   False? CAGiversary!   3935 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:19 PM

I don't really have a preference depth wise, but I always sit on the right side so I can lean on the armrest and still look at the teacher without having to turn my head awkwardly.

#27 red flare graf   Metalwrath CAGiversary!   2290 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

red flare graf

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

I usually sit where ever the hot chicks are at.

Dude, I was gonna say that. Fuck.

#28 tivo   taking care of buisness CAGiversary!   751 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

Always near the door. I like to be the last kid in and the first kid out. Usually the doors are near the front.
“It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.” - Thomas Sowell

#29 eswat   Kill many bear CAGiversary!   2344 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:05 PM

In the middle, but usually on the far left or right side. I used to sit in the back but sitting closer to the front prevents me from doing stupid shit on my laptop during the entire class.

#30 TheRock88   The Franchise CAGiversary!   10513 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:07 PM

Usually near the middle or the back. Only time I sit up front is when I cant read what's on the screen.