- - - - -

GoGamer Madness: $4.90 PC Games

#1 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17048 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago   Has been playing Grand Theft Auto V
PC

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:29 AM

Following PC games are $4.90. Check the clock on the product page for sale ending time.
Space Quest Compilation
BlackSite: Area 51
The Movies
Unreal Anthology
Prey
Universe at War: Earth Assault
Quake 4
Shadowrun
Jade Empire: Special Edition
Just Cause
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe
Battlestations: Midway
Rise & Fall: Civilizations At War DVD
CivCity: Rome
ParaWorld*
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights*
Archlord: The Legend of Chantra
Myst 5: End of Ages for PC
Infernal
American Conquest*

*international version

Edited by CheapyD, 04 July 2008 - 10:20 AM.

#2 autche   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:10 AM

Thanks for the list, I ordered:

Unreal Anthology - DVD
The Movies - CD (DVD was OOS)
Universe at War: Earth Assault - DVD
Myst 5: End of Ages for PC - CD (DVD was different price/OOS)

#3 CtrlAltDft   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

CtrlAltDft

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:14 AM

Wow, those look like some great games to buy for only $4.90... Too bad my laptop can't handle them :(

#4 anarch   And all that could have been... CAGiversary!   2071 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:21 AM

Thanks for the tip! Got Quake and Unreal.

#5 FernandoIchicabeza   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

FernandoIchicabeza

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:43 AM

Thanks, great prices. I picked up the three Games for Windows games - Blacksite, Universe at War, and Shadowrun. They should work nicely with my X360 controller for Windows.

#6 Synergy   Pink Mafia CAGiversary!   603 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:55 AM

Thanks! Grabbed Jade Empire and The Movies. :D

#7 turls   Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes CAGiversary!   2124 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:18 AM

Thanks, great prices. I picked up the three Games for Windows games - Blacksite, Universe at War, and Shadowrun. They should work nicely with my X360 controller for Windows.

Blacksite isn't GFW. Probably works with the controller anyway, I ordered it as well, and the Movies. I just got Universe at War from Amazon for $10.

#8 Silverslug   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   260 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Silverslug

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:29 AM

Does this site have free shipping? Thats like the deal breaker for me...

[My Trade/Sell List] [My Ebay]
Posted Image

- Drawn by the power of the ultraviolet sun-

#9 turls   Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes CAGiversary!   2124 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:31 AM

Does this site have free shipping? Thats like the deal breaker for me...

No, but "dirt cheap" shipping is less than $4 for up to 2 titles. Good luck finding a site selling $5 games with free shipping. They used to have cheaper shipping options for more games, but this way I can't go too crazy on these sales and try to stay to 2 or less.

#10 Silverslug   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   260 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Silverslug

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:33 AM

Well, i meant if you spend a certain amount of money. Look at Amazon etc.

oh and do they check out with paypal?

::edit:: nvm. Ordered Universe at War and The movies.

Edited by Silverslug, 04 July 2008 - 11:41 AM.
the cake was a lie.

[My Trade/Sell List] [My Ebay]
Posted Image

- Drawn by the power of the ultraviolet sun-

#11 CaptDS9E   Gamer Crusader CAGiversary!   269 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:01 PM

Purchased Shadowrun and The Movies

#12 smellytim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

smellytim

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:03 PM

these look kinda good, but i dunno are any of these really worth owning?

#13 nikkai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2047 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:58 PM

Jade empire - definitely worth owning.
Universe at War is fun - but stupid that you have to use Microsoft Live to play online.
Quake 4
Prey
Unreal Anthology - includes 1, 2, and 2004 - all great alternatives if your setup can't handle III.

Those would be my recommendations if I didn't already own all of them =)

#14 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16285 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Dark Souls
PC

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:29 PM

Jade Empire, Quake 4, Prey, Unreal Anthology definitely are worth $4.90, if any of y'all don't have those.
All of those are good ones.

#15 the_punisher   Dare enter the metro. CAGiversary!   3371 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:32 PM

Nice, $13 shipped for Blacksite and Universe at War. :)

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#16 trabbahabba   Neil Diamond is Cooler Than Us All CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

trabbahabba

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:56 PM

Lot of good games on there! The Movies is excellent, Jade Empire is really fun for those who enjoyed KOTOR and Mass Effect (same developer), and Prey is a pretty fun shooter. Good deals all around!
Posted Image

#17 Wolfpup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9955 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:09 PM

Wow, these are some really great deals! Can't remember the last time they had this many good games on sale at once.

The "catch" for me is I already own a lot of these (The Movies, Prey, Jade Empire, Quake 4)...but for these prices I'm picking up Unreal Anthology (just for Unreal 2-I thought the demo was fun, and I don't care about deathmatch games), and Myst 5. I've got Myst 3, but haven't played it yet. Don't have Myst 4 yet, but I know 5 got good reviews, and I loved Riven, at least back in the day.

#18 johnnypark   Farewell My Viking! CAGiversary!   3359 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:36 PM

A lot of these are tempting, but I'm just going to settle with the Unreal Anthology. I already have UT2004, but never played UT1 and 2, and don't have a copy of the original UT anymore, so $5 is a steal!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#19 Prophet Five   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   27 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Prophet Five

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:01 PM

Nice! I picked up The Movies, Space Quest Collection, and Jade Empire. I played The Movies a long time ago and liked it and decided to get it again. The Space Quest collection is something I've been eyeing for a while, as I never finished playing the last couple of SQ games back when they first came out. And Jade Empire is something I've been wanting to play for a while but never got around to. Good stuff!

#20 shibaraski   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   463 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:05 PM

are these games worth spending 4.50??

#21 rothgar24   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   584 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:25 PM

Jade Empire is great and should run well on most pcs. I picked up a game a few weeks ago and the dirt cheap shipping got it to my house in 2 days (I live in northern California). I'm tempted to grab Universe at war.

#22 Alien Spider   VIGILANTE JUSTICE CAGiversary!   1373 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Alien Spider

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:55 PM

Ugh, like I need more PC games (still have 98% of the ones I bought @ CC in February unopened) but I couldn't resist.

btw, dirt cheap shipping costs as much as Ground now? It did for my order. :\ So I went with Ground.
---------------------------------------------------------
Product Line 1 : BlackSite: Area 51
Product ID: 20515186
Item Price: $4.90
QTY Ordered: 1
Shipping Method: Ground
Product Line 2 : Universe at War: Earth Assault
Product ID: 21532430
Product Line 3 : Jade Empire: Special Edition
Product ID: 8333360
Product Line 4 : Space Quest Compilation
Product ID: 6156220

----------------------
YOUR ORDER BALANCE:
----------------------

Subtotal: $19.60
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $6.99
------------
Total $26.59

#23 nexen   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   148 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:16 PM

:hot: This is awesome!
Ordered: Space Quest, Movies, Blacksite Area 51, and Jade Empire.
Would've bought Universe at War, but I already own it (for $12, argh)
Had to stop myself from buying more...

#24 Zipomatic2   Really, Really Cheap CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:25 PM

It's not a bad price, but the games I wanted from the list, I've already bought for less than $4.90 with free shipping on eBay (guess that's just me bragging, eh?)

Spider-Man friend or Foe is a really fun (but short) game if you have a joypad, The Movies is a LOT of fun if you like the sims/sim city/theme park. PREY and Blacksite:area51 are both very nice shooters, and of course Jade Empire is a steal at that price.

All of the games are well worth the cash.

#25 FernandoIchicabeza   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

FernandoIchicabeza

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:26 PM

Blacksite isn't GFW.

http://www.gamesforw...siteArea51.aspx

I'm unsure why gogamer often shows non-GFW packaging, but I'm fairly certain the game is the same as the link above.

#26 NTolerance   Vich one of you is crying CAGiversary!   658 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

NTolerance

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:03 PM

Unreal Anthology is an amazing deal. All those Unreal games are fully patched and on a single DVD. It also comes with a soundtrack CD.

#27 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   872 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:07 PM

No.

I almost bit, but asked myself am I buying these games because they are cheap or because I want to play them?

Edited by trip1eX, 04 July 2008 - 06:09 PM.

#28 Serik   Stack of doom! CAGiversary!   1006 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:25 PM

No.

I almost bit, but asked myself am I buying these games because they are cheap or because I want to play them?

Same here. I still have way too many unopened games from the Circuit City sale.

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#29 Wolfpup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9955 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:27 PM

No.

Whaaaat?!? Most of these games are worth probably worth FULL price, and you guys are questioning $5?

btw, dirt cheap shipping costs as much as Ground now? It did for my order. :\ So I went with Ground.

Crud, I didn't even look. Actually I used Google Checkout, and I don't remember if I was even given an option. Oh well, the games came fine and plenty fast for me when I ordered last a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.gamesforw...siteArea51.aspx

I'm unsure why gogamer often shows non-GFW packaging, but I'm fairly certain the game is the same as the link above.

Not sure why anyone would want to play with a gamepad though. Maybe if you had it on a TV and were sitting 10 feet away (maybe).

Traditional RTS games don't work on gamepads at all though IMO. I've tried the demos for every 360 one they've released...and they're just hideous IMO. Only console RTS I've played that works well is Pikimin, and that's because it was designed around the controller instead of shoe-horned in (and obviously the gameplay had to be really different). MAYBE if you massively slowed down the gameplay...
I prefer turn based stuff though anyway, and IMO it just works better on consoles.

#30 sociopharm02   The Pure Raw Uncut CAGiversary!   782 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

sociopharm02

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:49 PM

the movies was about 70 cents cheaper for me at Amazon