- - - - -

Audiosurf - 2.49 on steam!

#1 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2141 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

to celebrate the soon to be released steam cloud and the shopping cart implemented today via steam update, steam is offering audiosurf for 2.49.

i picked it up for $5 and it was WELL worth that. 2.49 is an absolute steal. go get it!

#2 Gregalor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5157 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

Shopping cart? You mean we can finally order multiple things?

#3 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2141 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:10 PM

yep, that's the way it seems!

#4 Yanksfan   Cubs Fan Too :( CAGiversary!   5376 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:13 PM

Wish I could try this game out. This is the only thing I feel like I am missing from using my mac.

#5 dubbfoolio   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1753 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:15 PM

I got this when it was $5. Haven't really played much of it though. Kind of a fun gimmick or distraction for while you're listening to music. Didn't really feel like a game to me though.

#6 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   3827 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:19 PM

Ah crap, I guess I'll finally have to pick this up. Does it have any multiplayer modes?

#7 fart_bubble   A fart that says "Ni" CAGiversary!   9803 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

fart_bubble

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:23 PM

Does it have any multiplayer modes?

nope, just online leader boards
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#8 Sporadic   done with this site CAGiversary!   9499 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

nope, just online leader boards

Well, locally, 2 people can play co-op at the same time.

#9 fart_bubble   A fart that says "Ni" CAGiversary!   9803 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

fart_bubble

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:03 PM

Well, locally, 2 people can play co-op at the same time.

really? I didn't know that
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#10 msdmoney   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2841 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

I was wondering when we would start seeing Steam Cloud. Having lost a few hard drives with a few game saves that I hadn't backed up yet, this would be a great service.

#11 Alien Spider   VIGILANTE JUSTICE CAGiversary!   1373 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Alien Spider

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:53 PM

I love this game, I preordered it for $9. Totally worth it. For $2.49, it's a no-brainer!

#12 crystalklear64   Cocksmas Spirit CAGiversary!   13600 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

crystalklear64

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:54 PM

Son of a bitch I bought this 2 days ago for 10$...

ckjp.png

#13 darthbudge   The Real DB CAGiversary!   20046 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:20 PM

I just came in here to post this, I purchased the game when it came out, but this is an absolute no brainer at $2.49.

#14 Sporadic   done with this site CAGiversary!   9499 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:23 PM

really? I didn't know that

Yeah, Double Vision (or Double V) can be played by two people (each person controls a car)

#15 LinkinPrime   Always in our hearts... CAGiversary!   43170 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:25 PM

How long is this price good for...anyone know?

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.png

30stmsymbols.png

#16 sniping_dreamer   Pew pew pew CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

sniping_dreamer

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:52 PM

There is no reason why to try this great game out now. I got this when it was $5, worth every penny.

#17 spuffin  

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:58 PM

Shopping cart? You mean we can finally order multiple things?

yep, that's the way it seems!

errr, not quite their intent. You now have the ability to buy from Steam directly from the web. Prior to this, you were forced to purchase the product through Steam itself.

I actually ran into this issue when I was away from home on the last day of a Steam sale and tried to purchase a game for a buddy of mine. I tried to purchase straight from SteamPowered.com but whenever I clicked the link it asked if I had Steam installed. If I said no, it would take me to the download page, if i said yes it would open up Steam to take me through the rest of the purchase process. Unfortunately whatever ports Steam uses was blocked from my location and I missed out on the deal. Granted this isn't a problem many people would have, but think about this: If your Mom wanted to buy you a game for your birthday, how much of a customer experience would it be to require you to install software (Steam Client) before letting you purchase something? Especially software that is defaulted to start with Windows (remember, this is your mom, I doubt she knows how to navigate the menus to turn that off)

I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader.

#18 Z_meista   The Paragon CAGiversary!   946 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:05 AM

nice one, op!

#19 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2141 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

errr, not quite their intent. You now have the ability to buy from Steam directly from the web. Prior to this, you were forced to purchase the product through Steam itself.

I actually ran into this issue when I was away from home on the last day of a Steam sale and tried to purchase a game for a buddy of mine. I tried to purchase straight from SteamPowered.com but whenever I clicked the link it asked if I had Steam installed. If I said no, it would take me to the download page, if i said yes it would open up Steam to take me through the rest of the purchase process. Unfortunately whatever ports Steam uses was blocked from my location and I missed out on the deal. Granted this isn't a problem many people would have, but think about this: If your Mom wanted to buy you a game for your birthday, how much of a customer experience would it be to require you to install software (Steam Client) before letting you purchase something? Especially software that is defaulted to start with Windows (remember, this is your mom, I doubt she knows how to navigate the menus to turn that off)

I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader.

i checked out the cart thing on steam and i was able to add more than one product to my cart and remove individually remove them. but you are right, i think they added the cart so that you are able to order from the website. but then they said, "hey, why not add the cart into steam as well?"

it was always annoying having to do two individual charges on my credit card when i bought two products.

#20 vherub   x CAGiversary!   3392 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:16 AM

awesome, thanks op

#21 Smallville123   CAGetmedown! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Smallville123

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:27 AM

I got this when it was 5 and that was a great deal but 2.50? There is not excuse not to get this game
Insert clever line here......

#22 JetTone   Life CAGiversary!   2759 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:29 AM

Great little game. Well worth it at this price. Got it back when it was $5.00. Even if you don't like it, it was only $2.49 and I'll willing to buy almost any game at that price, it's less than a gallon of gas.

#23 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2141 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:33 AM

Great little game. Well worth it at this price. Got it back when it was $5.00. Even if you don't like it, it was only $2.49 and I'll willing to buy almost any game at that price, it's less than a gallon of gas.

lol, not in minnesota! 2.23 baby.

#24 Cantatus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   988 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:52 AM

Wow, fantastic deal.

#25 Serik   Stack of doom! CAGiversary!   1006 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:27 AM

If you have Steam and have money, buy this game.

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#26 LinkinPrime   Always in our hearts... CAGiversary!   43170 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:12 AM

Is it me or is new STEAM update way slower?

LinkinPrime.png

30stmsymbols.png

#27 Demix500   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   992 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:44 AM

in for one... I hope steam never goes under... I have a huge collection of games on steam

#28 Sporadic   done with this site CAGiversary!   9499 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:47 AM

in for one... I hope steam never goes under... I have a huge collection of games on steam

It never will and if it does, they have a plan in place to unlock everything.

#29 LinkinPrime   Always in our hearts... CAGiversary!   43170 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:52 AM

Finally got it to work...awesome game!

LinkinPrime.png

30stmsymbols.png

#30 jollydwarf   America's #1 Poster CAGiversary!   2612 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

jollydwarf

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:59 AM

If one does not get this game at this price, you hate gaming and you hate music.

The original Geometry Wars (at launch on the 360) for five bucks was an incredible value. This game at half that price is twice as incredible.
"I like whipped cream a lot. I'll put whipped cream on anything."--Jessica Alba

Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at...

"What, you're still here? The post's over. Log off. Shoo! Shoo!"