- All animation sequences will be remade by the Kamikaze Douga studio. There's also going to be some new scenes as well.
- The BGM of the original will be rearranged by Shoji Meguro, with backup vocals done by Yumi Kawamura.
- Revamped interface to make use of the 16:9 widescreen support.
- The scenario is fully intact, with additional dungeon floors for both the main story line and the Snow Queen Chapter. There's also going to be more puzzles in the dungeons.
- Encounter rate has been revised for balanced gameplay, and there's now an option to set the difficulty level of the game.
- Battle animations can be skipped, battle load times have been reduced by 2/3 the rate of the original.
- More save points have been included, plus a quicksave function.
- New pre-rendered map of the town, without any random enemy encounters.
Confirmed - Source
Persona, which was leaked by GameWave magazine few weeks earlier, is said to be a “complete remake” of the 13-year-old PSOne game and will be out in Japan on April 29. Among the improvements made are lots of new movies by Kamikaze Douga, three difficulty options (Normal, Beginner and Expert), more save points, enemies encounters and game balance adjustments.
Rumor - Source
The Persona franchise has never been hotter. The incredible success of Persona 3 and 4 on PlayStation 2 has propelled the series into the limelight. Atlus may be revisiting some of the earlier Persona games, according to a report by Play Online. They claim that Hong Kong magazine GameWave notes a Persona release for PSP on its cover (pictured).
The PSP game is supposedly based on the original Persona, which released on PlayStation 1, released in 1996. Whether or not this will be a full remake or an enhanced port is unclear. However, until Atlus officially announces the game, we're going to classify this as a rumor.
Edited by SynGamer, 18 August 2009 - 06:47 AM.