- - - - -

NHL 09 CAG Team 2.0 - CAG Hockey Night - On Hiatus - Have a great summer! :)

Poll: Who Do You Want To Be?

Who Do You Want To Be?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 n8rockerasu   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

n8rockerasu

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:11 PM

Welcome to the official home of the CAG Sex Panthers!!!

Posted Image

For those of you unsure, yes, we have a regular scheduled CAG Hockey Night every Friday beginning at 8PM EST and lasting into the wee hours of the morning. There's a good chance you can catch guys for practices and whatnot throughout the week, but Friday is the day we all try to come out.

And here's your active CAG Team Roster

CAG Hockey Team Active Roster
# 2 Vulcan2422 (Vulcan7905) - Right Defenseman
# 3 Flyersfan (PsychedelicRock) - Center
# 5 Cravin_Taco_Bell (cravintacobell) - Left Defenseman
# 9 DestroVega (DestroVega) - Left Wing
#11 ChunkyB (ChunkyBasty) - Right Wing
#13 Pure Apathy (Pure Apathy) - Left Wing Dangler or Sniper
#14 SeanAmI (S3anAmI) - Right Defenseman
#15 taloncarde (Talonunt) - Right Wing
#16 Regian (Regian) - Right Defenseman
#18 cubs2321 (DarkTower80) - Right Defenseman
#19 AK85 (AK85) - Right Wing
#21 moojuice (moojuiced) - Goalie
#25 Panther1484 (ShadyMarino) - Left Wing/Goalie
#26 Mr_hockey66 (Mr hockey66) - Right Wing
#26 Wpark83 (Wpark83) - Center
#28 emg28 (emg28) - Left Wing
#37 Matt Young (X Matt Young X) - Center
#38 jello00 (Jello01) - Right Wing
#39 n8rockerasu (n8rocker82) - Center
#?? Captain OBVIOU5 (Captain OBVIOU5) - ??

Former Players
Spoiler

Edited by n8rockerasu, 22 March 2009 - 04:22 PM.

#2 Flyersfan   The Dude CAGiversary!   1559 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:28 PM

Wooo patch is here boys! In case nobody could tell, I really stopped playing and hated this game for a while after playing it nearly every day and every Friday with you guys. The glitching got to me big time. Can't wait for this Friday to test out the new patch.

I'm without a 360 until friday. I'm sure I'll hear all about how the game is now from you guys though. Or I could just check other forums.

I voted for Sex Panthers but they're both alright. Just from reading the other thread I think Sex Panthers will win anyway.

n8 you can put me down for center I guess, lol.

#3 Azumangaman  

Azumangaman

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:00 PM

I've been off simply because Friday usually involves me being elsewhere.
I'll see if I can make it next week :)

#4 Panther1484   Hail to Pitt! CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Panther1484

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:25 PM

Ok, I'm making this difficult...

I'm not a fan of the German Panthers at all. I think it is way too drab. I'll make a suggestion in the Helsivican (sp?) ISK, which have a much better logo, uniforms, and is all in all, more sexier.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now if my idea gets shot down by the team, then I vote for the Crotch Sharks.

Also, put me down as #25 and as Left Wing/Goalie

#5 SeanAmI   No you cannot CAGiversary!   2036 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:33 PM

Ya, those uniforms don't look so good.

#6 n8rockerasu   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

n8rockerasu

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:44 PM

Ya, those uniforms don't look so good.

Which ones? The German Panthers? Or the ones Shady posted? If you mean the German ones, yeah, I agree. I like the ones Shady posted better. My only question is are those the actual jerseys that are in the game? Because I've seen differences with some of the teams. I'm not attached to the jerseys (other than keeping them unknown). I actually went through the game last night looking for other teams that had Panther-esque logos, and somehow I missed that one.

Edited by n8rockerasu, 03 March 2009 - 10:24 PM.

#7 Panther1484   Hail to Pitt! CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Panther1484

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:14 PM

Which ones? The German Panthers? Or the ones Shady posted? If you mean the German ones, yeah, I agree. I like the ones Shady posted better. My only question is are those the actual ones that are in the game? Because I've seen difference with some of the teams. I'm not attached to the jerseys (other than keeping them unknown). I actually went through the game last night looking for other teams that had Panther'esqe logos, and somehow I missed that one.

Yeah I just found them today. They are in the SM-Liga and I think they are the third team when descending.

#8 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   6210 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:23 PM

thats the ones I found and liked.

good start to the thread. Loved the op. Thanks nate

check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#9 SeanAmI   No you cannot CAGiversary!   2036 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:04 AM

The German ones.

#10 n8rockerasu   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

n8rockerasu

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:06 AM

Yeah, I like the HIFK jerseys better. I don't know if that affects the way anybody votes, but I updated it in the OP. If we are the Sex Panthers, we'll use those uniforms. Also bumping this so people migrate over to this thread.

#11 SeanAmI   No you cannot CAGiversary!   2036 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:13 AM

Has anyone checked out the alternate Florida Panthers ones to see if any of them are good?

#12 taloncarde   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

taloncarde

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:14 AM

I can't vote apparently, but I like the ones Panther posted. I've not been able to make it the last couple of Fridays due to an impending job change. I use the #15, i'm currently a sniper, but i'll play any position (I play as a skill d-man using that set up)
Gamertag: Talonunt

#13 Cravin Taco Bell   Think Outside the Bun! CAGiversary!   311 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Cravin Taco Bell

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:22 AM

I agree with the HIFK jerseys.... on being the better sex panther choice... and Nate, I usually play as Number 5

#14 n8rockerasu   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

n8rockerasu

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:50 AM

Has anyone checked out the alternate Florida Panthers ones to see if any of them are good?

Yeah, I don't think Florida even has an alternate this year. All they've got are older jerseys which are essentially all the same. Nothing too exciting there.

#15 Panther1484   Hail to Pitt! CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Panther1484

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:28 AM

Awesome. Well then my vote has been cast. :)

Also I think you missed it with the pictures n8, but I'm #25 and play left wing/goalie

#16 Cravin Taco Bell   Think Outside the Bun! CAGiversary!   311 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Cravin Taco Bell

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:34 AM

Is anyone interested in playing a few games? I can only see two others online atm, but not all are in NHL 09. I would love to get a game going by 9 ET if possible...

#17 AK85   S-Jax CAGiversary!   1258 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:44 AM

Glad to see the patch comes out on the day that The Show comes out :roll:

Posted Image

#18 Bucknut   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   193 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:50 AM

Is there still room to join the team? I'm not the greatest but I can hold my own. My xbox gamertag is Bucknuticus.
Posted Image

#19 DestroVega   Life is short... stunt it CAGiversary!   7121 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

DestroVega

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:47 AM

i like whatever jersey fits the sex panther name best.... just not the florida panthers regular jerseys

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#20 SeanAmI   No you cannot CAGiversary!   2036 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:27 AM

Xbox is broken, down for awhile.

#21 DarkTower80   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

DarkTower80

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:28 AM

I like the finnish league Panther jerseys.

#22 Pure Apathy   I got paid! CAGiversary!   6432 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:46 AM

I like the Sex Panthers.

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#23 n8rockerasu   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

n8rockerasu

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:04 AM

Well, a few of us gave the Sex Panthers a trial run tonight, and MAN...it was not pretty, haha. We tried to keep our heads up, reminding ourselves that the first time isn't good for anybody, but damn...the glitchers are not going down without a fight. I just read on the EA forums that despite all the conspiracy theories, EA has confirmed that juicing will no longer work. But, we did run into guys who played basically the same style. One team went for the toe drag shot on every oddman rush they had (and made it once).

Another team did cross crease passes the entire game. They were also much faster than us, but I have read an explanation of being a Legend dangler with 13" radius skates, and that seems reasonable. Even without cheating, I still like finding teams who at least play the game right. I guess we really need to work on our defense though. When we were on our 7 out of 8 run, I think we had cravintacobell and Vulcan as our defensemen, and that worked out really well. The D in those games was ferocious.

I think it's just going to take a little bit of re-learning though. We might have to redistribute our attributes and play around with things again until we find the best balance for having an impact on the games. It's definitely a start though. Oh, and for those of you wondering, I set up the new team. As of right now, moojuice and Vulcan are GMs. So, if you want to leave the current club, and join the new team, just send one of us a message, and we'll get you an invite.

#24 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   6210 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:42 AM

sorry I could join you guys last night. Im sick as hell! I was in bed at 8!

check out my tradelist :

#25 DestroVega   Life is short... stunt it CAGiversary!   7121 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

DestroVega

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:24 PM

I thought the game played much more realistic... and yeah, some guys are just better at the game, plain and simple. Especially people who know how to truly deke goalies, something I am not good at at all.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#26 Panther1484   Hail to Pitt! CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Panther1484

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

I thought the game played much more realistic... and yeah, some guys are just better at the game, plain and simple. Especially people who know how to truly deke goalies, something I am not good at at all.

Well, They got me on the cross crease passes like five times in the one game. Sadly I chose to be goalie against a really good team. I know I was going through a learning curve last night, not going full speed at times (Not like Randy Moss). I'm sure we will get the hang of it in time.

#27 Cravin Taco Bell   Think Outside the Bun! CAGiversary!   311 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Cravin Taco Bell

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:18 AM

My Great-Grandmother died this morning. The Visitation is on Friday and Funeral on Saturday. So that makes me a late scratch for my sex panther debut this week.

#28 Regian   Jerkface McGillicutty CAGiversary!   1119 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:16 AM

I placed my vote in for the Crotch Sharks. Because we all know we're all totally into crotch.

...right?

...fellas?

Yeah, see you guys Friday.

68130.png

#29 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   6210 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:44 AM

Stinks we couldn't pull out any of those games last night.

check out my tradelist :

#30 ChunkyB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:16 PM

Stinks we couldn't pull out any of those games last night.

Yeah. It was pretty rough. I'm starting to realize that it's not just the glitchers that kill me, I'm just not very good at the game. I still think it's fun though, so whatever.
Posted Image

Posted Image