- - - - -

Pre-Order the PSP Go for $212.49 ($180 After Bing CB) @ Dell.com

#1 DePaulBlueDemon   DePaul Basketball Fanatic CAGiversary!   311 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

DePaulBlueDemon

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:53 PM

Dell.com has the PSPgo for $212.49 after instant savings + coupon.

Use coupon 6FWJ247J1P44CK.

Found on SlickDeals.net

2049665603_6b12a80682_t.jpg
My doggie Alaska, 10/12/00-08/04/13

#2 freelancer85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

freelancer85

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:57 PM

Is this a great deal?

#3 LinkinPrime   Always in our hearts... CAGiversary!   43234 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:57 PM

Saw this on SD earlier, picked one up myself. Be sure to go through Bing.com to get an additional 5% cashback.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.png

30stmsymbols.png

#4 DePaulBlueDemon   DePaul Basketball Fanatic CAGiversary!   311 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

DePaulBlueDemon

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:06 AM

Thanks, LinkinPrime.

#5 DePaulBlueDemon   DePaul Basketball Fanatic CAGiversary!   311 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

DePaulBlueDemon

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:07 AM

Is this a great deal?

I guess if you're looking to purchase one it is. :)

I thought I would post it here, though, since we are a video game forum.

#6 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:09 AM

Not even if they paid me $212.49 would I want this. You can pry the physical media from my cold dead hands! :D

33126.png

#7 blackjaw   probably surfing CAGiversary!   2552 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:13 AM

Not even if they paid me $212.49 would I want this. You can pry the physical media from my cold dead hands! :D

Burn the Luddite at the stake!!

:P

#8 Ficken   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:14 AM

Dell consistently has the best deals on systems. But at $212 put in another $90 and buy a PS3. PSP Go pricing can not be any worse.

#9 wreckemtexastech   Red Raidin' CAGer CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

wreckemtexastech

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:15 AM

maybe im a sucker for new technology things. I am getting one on DAY ONE, maybe at midnight at the end of the month. I too love physical media, but i just cant resist a GO!.. anyways i will probably not go through Dell since I plan to use a ton of store credit.

if i do use money money then i will be going with whoever gets it first (walmart, target, BB, GS, ect) since I have absolutely terrrible patience... on a related note, someone pm if they see it drop early anywhere :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Ivanhoe   CagMaster CAGiversary!   1795 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:32 AM

Doesnt dell charge tax? and shipping?

Ok it looks like shipping is free you just have to remember to check it.
Also Slickdeals says you can save some more through Bing cashback. Search for "dell PSP" and youll get a 5% bing cash back link

Very tempting.

Edited by Ivanhoe, 23 September 2009 - 12:48 AM.

#11 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17505 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:02 AM

Good deal, but on a badly overpriced system. :p

#12 maxgle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   986 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:36 AM

I'll buy this in a heart beat if it weren't the same system i already had. Need more upgrade to get me in on this. awesome deal though...

#13 GaveUpTomorrow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1683 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

GaveUpTomorrow

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:11 AM

blah. Already $100 overpriced to begin with, so even with this amount off, it is still $60 overpriced. When Sony came right out and said they were way over-charging for this device, it totally turned me off. No reason to buy a system where your have to re-buy you whole collection to play on the go. I'll wait for the quick price drop on this, as I doubt it will sell many units at all aside from some pre-orders.

#14 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:16 AM

blah. Already $100 overpriced to begin with, so even with this amount off, it is still $60 overpriced. When Sony came right out and said they were way over-charging for this device, it totally turned me off. No reason to buy a system where your have to re-buy you whole collection to play on the go. I'll wait for the quick price drop on this, as I doubt it will sell many units at all aside from some pre-orders.

I will readily admit I'm actively rooting for the PSP Go to fail. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with digital distribution, but I don't think we're anywhere near the point where it should be compulsory. I don't see any good reason why serious gamers who already have the PSP would want to "upgrade" to this other than for the sheer gadget-having factor.

33126.png

#15 DePaulBlueDemon   DePaul Basketball Fanatic CAGiversary!   311 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

DePaulBlueDemon

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:24 AM

I've owned 2 PSP systems in the past, but I sold both. I am planning on purchasing it again for Chinatown wars. But in my particular case, it would be better to go with the regular PSP (heck, even a refurbished one) because I plan on selling both the system and the game after I'm through. However, I can't very well sell the digital copy of GTA, so... yeah.

Like I said earlier, it's a good deal for someone who was planning on purchasing the Go in the first place.

#16 shouamabane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

shouamabane

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:15 AM

The estimated delivery date on mine is October 9th. How is Dell's delivery time with pre-orders?

There is supposed to be a PS Store sale October 1-7.

#17 Vortextk   Killer7 CAGiversary!   2336 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:19 AM

I will readily admit I'm actively rooting for the PSP Go to fail.

Agree.

Updated the damn psp with two major revisions and you guys still can't get it right/make a profit/whatever holy grail you're after in this quest. The Go is just ridiculous, wait another year and make the psp2go or something(oh damn that's a catchy name, copyrighted!) with new improved hardware and then the bells and whistles.

#18 iRent   RPG Junkie CAGiversary!   671 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:25 AM

Agree.

Updated the damn psp with two major revisions and you guys still can't get it right/make a profit/whatever holy grail you're after in this quest. The Go is just ridiculous, wait another year and make the psp2go or something(oh damn that's a catchy name, copyrighted!) with new improved hardware and then the bells and whistles.

LOL PSP2Go is pretty damn catchy. Wouldn't be surprised if someone at sony just read your post.
Posted Image
|AMD Phenom II X4 955 C3|ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3|Corsair XMS3 2x2GB DDR3|WD Caviar Blue 500GB|WD Caviar 80 GB|XFX 5850 1GB|NZXT Vulcan|

#19 Darknuke   Guncraft: Voxel-FPS! CAGiversary!   2011 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:38 AM

No white PSPgo makes me sad... I totally bit on this, but I really wanted a white one =/

SteamWidget.PNG

#20 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:54 AM

I'm confused. How is downloading a game to your memory stick not having physical media? What is the difference between the game on your memory stick and the game on a UMD except the added convenience that you can back up the game to multiple sticks/hard drives in case you lose the first one or it gets corrupted?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#21 squall211   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:30 AM

I'm confused. How is downloading a game to your memory stick not having physical media? What is the difference between the game on your memory stick and the game on a UMD except the added convenience that you can back up the game to multiple sticks/hard drives in case you lose the first one or it gets corrupted?

People that are collectors, and people who resell games frequently have big issues with it for obvious reasons. The Go is overpriced. That's the only reason I'm not picking one up. I still want physical media for my home consoles, but the idea of having a DD only portable device interests me alot. $250, however, interests me very little. :P

#22 tenma   He Shot First CAGiversary!   313 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:41 AM

Jeez, i didn't know the PSP Go would cost so much that this would be considered a deal.
Posted Image[U]

#23 SilverBulletKY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   316 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

SilverBulletKY

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:47 PM

I'd buy it for 149.. maybe.. no higher at all than that

#24 paddlefoot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1830 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:58 PM

I need confirmation on a UMD to PSPgo transfer method that doesn't drive the common man to drink

#25 denshaotoko   WoW Free Since 05/09 CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

denshaotoko

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:00 PM

PSPgo and CAG dont mix

#26 token2k6   LG FUAD CAGiversary!   4402 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:10 PM

Dell consistently has the best deals on systems. But at $212 put in another $90 and buy a PS3. PSP Go pricing can not be any worse.

I agree! $250 and it doesn't even make phone calls!?! I'm not an iPhone guy or Mac supporter in anyway, but their products seem like a better shot.

I've held onto my launch unit to this day, and still use it w/o any problems. I've resisted getting the newer slim models b/c that was a quick cash-in for them. Now the pspGO! which isn't even the PSP 2 is in the same price range as consoles!! GTFO!

$150 is my price point that I'm waiting for..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#27 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:19 PM

It's not that tricky. I not only play games but I collect them. To me at least there is added value in being able to have the hard copy of the game, to stick it on my shelf, to know that I'll have it forever/as long as I want to keep it. I'm hardly some curmudgeon who is scared of the digital age obviously, but downloading a game just doesn't feel the same to me as owning the retail copy. If I have no other choice, then I have no problem downloading, and my choice here is to keep my old PSP. I just think it's too soon to be moving towards an all-download platform, and I think Sony will find that out the hard way.

33126.png

#28 arcane93   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3665 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:36 PM

Also beyond the collecting/reselling issue, keep this in mind (as a CAG ;)): You'll rarely see deals on downloadable PSP games -- there's no retailer competition, no physical inventory to unload. The whole reason that we get the kind of deals that this entire site is based around is that retailers have to compete with each other, and they have to clear out limited shelf space for new items. None of these issues are relevant in the world of downloadable games, where there is no physical stock and sales are made through a single online site. If distribution goes all digital and you have no choice but to buy through PSN, then forget about deals and welcome to the age of paying MSRP for nearly everything. Look at how rarely sales happen on PSN now, and how limited they are -- that will be all of the time, for everything.

Beyond that, there are other questions -- what's the DRM situation? Will you be able to make back-ups? What happens, several years down the road, when the title that you've purchased is no longer available for re-download, and your media fails for some reason? Physical, pressed UMDs/DVDs/Blu-rays, etc. aren't going to have problems unless you handle them really badly. Volatile solutions, like memory sticks or hard drives, have more potential for issues.

All in all, it's just a really poor idea.

#29 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Trading Ban   12484 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:42 PM

maybe im a sucker for new technology things. I am getting one on DAY ONE, maybe at midnight at the end of the month. I too love physical media, but i just cant resist a GO!.. anyways i will probably not go through Dell since I plan to use a ton of store credit.

if i do use money money then i will be going with whoever gets it first (walmart, target, BB, GS, ect) since I have absolutely terrrible patience... on a related note, someone pm if they see it drop early anywhere :)

i am getting the psp go at gamecrazy because u get 12 free game rentals

#30 TctclMvPhase   Dismal Scientist CAGiversary!   1867 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

TctclMvPhase

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:05 PM

Going forward, could we try not to derail every thread that has a PSP Go/DD deal with this soap boxing about it not being a deal or debate about the merits/validity of DD? There are forums with threads already established for that kind of thing and they are just a drop menu away. Deal discussion threads are for things like issues with redemption, stock updates, ways to augment the deal, ways to take advantage of the deal and etcetera.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....