1. Click the link with a new account or an existing account that has never used Amazon Prime before
2. Add any Eligible Textbooks to to your cart (beleive it must be a book over $100)
3. Proceed to checkout and choose "FREE Two-Day Shipping with a Free Trial of Amazon Prime" option;
4. Activate Amazon Prime without placing the order.
5. As always, make sure to cancel your Amazon Prime membership before the trial's end to avoid being billed. (instructions below on how to cancel)
Additional Help from Geogerf (thank you!)
1. Click the button that says "shop for eligible books"..
2. Put that first business/accounting book in your cart (its like $175)
3. Proceed to checkout
4. Upgrade your account *do not confirm order*
5. Go back to your cart (easiest just by going back to amazon.com, or by pushing back on the browser)
6. Delete said book
UPDATE: Apparently for other users it only says its a 1 Month Free membership. I can't remember what the page said when i signed up, but I'm positive that's the link i used, and I'm positive I now have a 3 month Free Trial.
Had a free 3 month prime membership last year, and it was awesome. Free 2 day shipping and release date delivery on anything. It may not seem like much, but your stuff never takes more then 2 days to get to your door, and considering all shipping is FREE, you really save a lot of money, or for those that choose FSSS, lots of time.
Unfortunately, my membership ran out, and considering how the holidays are coming up, i was looking to see if I could get a free trial again. I found the link i used over a year ago, still in my bookmarks, and after a little experimenting, i found that by creating a new amazon account, I was able to sign up for the free 3 month trial again!!!
This will work for any existing or new members that HAVE NOT used Amazon Prime before in the past. If you are an existing member who has used it like me, and want another free trial, simply create a new account using a different email address during signup. Then click the link when logged into your new account!
The only requirements for this to work are the following:
- Amazon account that has never used Amazon Prime before
- Valid Credit Card number. (no fee, and very easy to cancel through account options right on the website)
Here's the link, enjoy!:
CANCELING AMAZON PRIME
Do avoid being billed at the end of the trial, remember to take the following steps the last month of your trial (don't worry about times, Amazon will show the time your trial ends right there. Just keep watch on it and make sure to cancel before the end of the trial. As simple as that):
- Click on Your Account.
- If you’re not there yet, scroll down and on Settings > Manage Your Amazon Prime Membership.
- Look for green text. Click on the Do Not Upgrade button and you won’t automatically be charged $79.
- Performing these actions the first or second month MAY (not sure yet, better safe then sorry i say) stop service at that month. To be safe, simply cancel the last month of the trial. (I did it like 1 week before the trial ended.)
Edited by CheapyD, 13 October 2009 - 05:41 AM.