- - - - -

YMMV - Gamespot - B2G1 on Used Games/Accessories

#1 ryemm   You are so dumb, you are really dumb, fo real CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Mass Effect 2
PS3

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:46 PM

I posted this in the regional forums, but figured others may want to take a shot at this.

My local stores in Crystal Lake, IL are having a B2G1 Free on all used games and accessories through the end of the month. The manager told me this is not company wide, however, with the recent used trade in promotions these stores are overstocked with used games.

While it is completely YMMV, it may be worth checking out your local stores to see if they are doing the same thing.

#2 wildnuts02   2 Real 4 U CAGiversary!   2212 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:55 PM

someone needs to raise the ante and do a Buy 1 Get 1
Posted Image

#3 Mr Dude65   CAG Uber-Veteran CAGiversary!   3160 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

I'd be all over that!
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#4 badgerguy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

badgerguy

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:59 PM

Don't u mean Game Stop?

#5 ryemm   You are so dumb, you are really dumb, fo real CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Mass Effect 2
PS3

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:06 PM

Don't u mean Game Stop?

Yes, sorry about that. This is for Game Stop, I have no local Gamespots. :)

#6 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   6014 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

I don't care if it's buy 2 get 100 free. I'm not driving to Crystal Lake and getting hacked up by Jason for some fucking videogames. Sorry.

#7 xsuicidesn0wmanx   gamelust CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

xsuicidesn0wmanx

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:19 PM

this one is very ymmv, i was in the 3 gamestops in gurnee il today looking for a game and none of these 3 were doing any such deal. I'll wait for the national promo since everyone knows its coming eventually(my guess is black friday if not earlier)
I am an avid game collecter and own probably over 2200 legal copies of games across 51 different platforms. My ultimate goal is to build a video game museum & arcade that can be used to show the history and growth of interactive entertainment while also providing a base for the students of game design to use for learning the DO's and DONT's of game design.

Posted Image

#8 DrUnkAgAIn   I like money. CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

DrUnkAgAIn

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:32 PM

*Sigh*

I used to live right over there in the Village of Lakewood.

Sometimes I miss the Lower 48.

#9 arcurifisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

arcurifisher

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:41 PM

buy 2 get 1 free will most likely run this weekend, stores are up against huge comps this weekend with no big titles and we have always ran it when toys r us ran theirs for the past 5 years. I will be shocked if gamestop dosnt.

#10 ShadowHero10   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   214 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

ShadowHero10

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:54 PM

I don't care if it's buy 2 get 100 free. I'm not driving to Crystal Lake and getting hacked up by Jason for some fucking videogames. Sorry.

Liar :)
Swagbucks pays you to use their search engine. CAG Trusted, 100% Free.
$5 Amazon Gift Cards only 45 SWAGBUCKS! That is the money-maker.

Posted Image

#11 Survivalism   CAG's Lance Boyle CAGiversary!   3125 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Survivalism

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:57 PM

Friday the 13 takes place in New Jersey, not Illinois.

/that guy

#12 theytookourjobz   We Gotta Go Back CAGiversary!   1259 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

theytookourjobz

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:05 PM

Friday the 13 takes place in New Jersey, not Illinois.

/that guy

It never says it's in New Jersey. That's just where they filmed it.

#13 manlai   KITT CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:07 PM

i'll have to see if any downtown chicago ones are doing this

#14 arcurifisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

arcurifisher

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:32 PM

It never says it's in New Jersey. That's just where they filmed it.

Actually in jason goes to hell jason travels (his essence ghost or whatever) from cleveland west (presumbly Illinois) and in freddy vs jason Springfield Illnois (where freddy if from) They travel north to Crystal Lake.

#15 rogXue   Bringer of Death CAGiversary!   193 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:36 PM

umm wasn't Freddy SpringWOOD?

#16 arcurifisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

arcurifisher

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:43 PM

umm wasn't Freddy SpringWOOD?

stand coreected springwood

#17 Poor2More   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4008 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:51 PM

all this hot talk makes me want to watch Freddy vs Jason on blu ray thats still unopen that I bought a while ago.
Posted Image

#18 chuckywang   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1287 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:03 AM

Can anybody confirm in Chicago? The Chicago area Gamestops seem to have these regional sales quite often.

#19 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   6014 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:36 AM

I stand by my comment. I don't care if it's Jason X and I know he's in outer space. I'm still not going to Crystal Lake.

I'd love to be killed by Jason in an insane gruesome way, but not until I'm like 80 years old, senile with alshiemers, and incontinent.

Anyway, when I was at Gamestop yesterday and I was asking about a B2G1, the manager told me to keep checking back with them soon because he thinks one is coming. He said he didn't get news of one yet, but that one should be coming soon.

#20 Ye0ldmario   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1778 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Ye0ldmario

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:39 AM

http://www.fridaythe...ions/part1.html
Posted Image

#21 Access_Denied   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2834 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Access_Denied

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:49 AM

this one is very ymmv, i was in the 3 gamestops in gurnee il today looking for a game and none of these 3 were doing any such deal. I'll wait for the national promo since everyone knows its coming eventually(my guess is black friday if not earlier)

Wow, never met another person from Waukegan on the internet. First time for everything I guess. :)

Also, the Gamestop in Champaign isn't doing this is far as I know. Although I wish they were. :(

#22 theytookourjobz   We Gotta Go Back CAGiversary!   1259 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

theytookourjobz

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:02 AM

http://www.fridaythe...ions/part1.html

No one is debating where it was filmed, just where it was supposed to take place.

#23 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6466 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:04 AM

Wow, I didnt know that Gamespot sold games.

538822.png

#24 bgame2   Pure Cag Smoothness CAGiversary!   2938 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:18 AM

Wow, I didnt know that Gamespot sold games.

I cannot believe it took that long for someone to say something! lol.

Also, as someone who lives and grew up on the NJ side of the NJ/PA border, it was always said that certain Friday the 13th shots were taken just across the PA border in Bushkill PA. Blairstown = the middle of nowhere. I'm sure the Hackettstown CAGS will attest to that.

#25 jjhearn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:20 AM

I can't believe that Ill. is the only place that has friday 13th. Must be a special day.

#26 theb1rdm4n   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

theb1rdm4n

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:26 AM

I cannot believe it took that long for someone to say something! lol.

Also, as someone who lives and grew up on the NJ side of the NJ/PA border, it was always said that certain Friday the 13th shots were taken just across the PA border in Bushkill PA. Blairstown = the middle of nowhere. I'm sure the Hackettstown CAGS will attest to that.

FAIL. badgerguy mentioned this over 4 hours before Bezerker did. Look on the first page a few posts from the OP.

Anyways, i sure hope gamestop does this. Could make a good profit flipping to amazon, since i am trying to get rid of some of my GS credit.

#27 chadthechosen   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   126 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

chadthechosen

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:33 AM

For some reason the Gamestop at the mall nearest me has been running the buy 2 get 1 free deal for a few months constantly now. It's only that Gamestop as well out of the 6 or so that are in pretty close distance from me.

#28 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   6014 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:33 AM

No one is debating where it was filmed, just where it was supposed to take place.

LOL, i know. I'm the one that originally said I wouldn't go to Crystal Lake and people actually found a way to disagree and argue about it. I don't care where it was filmed. I'll just never set foot in a place called Crystal Lake because I've seen too many horror movies. I don't care if it's Crystal Lake, Australia; I'm still not going. I don't care if they name a store in the mall "Crystal Lake," where they sell crystals and lakes. I won't set foot in that mall. Period.

I apologize for ruining this thread with this bullcrap. I sincerely do hope that this thread is a sign of a nationwide GS B2G1 on the horizon. :)

#29 seanmcc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   396 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:45 AM

Wow, never met another person from Waukegan on the internet. First time for everything I guess. :)

Also, the Gamestop in Champaign isn't doing this is far as I know. Although I wish they were. :(

Illinois all up in this mofo! lol

I used to live in Champaign, but I'm going to ISU in Normal now.

#30 bgame2   Pure Cag Smoothness CAGiversary!   2938 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:26 AM

FAIL. badgerguy mentioned this over 4 hours before Bezerker did. Look on the first page a few posts from the OP.

Wow...'Fail' ...in all capital letters even. My apologies for not giving badgerguy the proper credit and also my deepest apologies to the thread police.